Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 00:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 04:39
Oh! Ok. I guess I just need to be patient. What was the lead time you got for your interview day though since the day they sent the invitation?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 04:42
navinbarathwaj wrote:
Oh! Ok. I guess I just need to be patient. What was the lead time you got for your interview day though since the day they sent the invitation?

2 days...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 04:44
Wow. That’s pretty short! I atleast expected a week.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 04:56
azvin wrote:
I got an interview invitation yesterday but I requested to postpone it because I am currently on a business trip (I dont bring my suit and all the interview materials that I have prepared). Will this affect my application? I don't want to make the adcom think that I am not interested.

Congratulations, Azvin! I was asked for my English Test Exemption proof a few days back and yesterday I received a confirmation of the proof and was told I will be contacted regarding further steps. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 10:36
banerjeerohit92 wrote:
Got an admit last week. Anyone else joining?

What did the waitlist email from Manchester say about getting back to you with final decision?
I mean how long do you have to wait for the decision?
Did the university mention in the email (after interview) that they will notify you in January?
Please revert.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 22:12
Any idea about the R4 Final decision dates? How long does it typically take to hear back from the school after the interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 01:54
navinbarathwaj wrote:
Any idea about the R4 Final decision dates? How long does it typically take to hear back from the school after the interview?

I got my interview invite about a week back and got interviewed yesterday. I would suggest you check with the adcom.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 20:51
Just got interviewed 2 days ago. Since many members of this forum have been very helpful, especially malex, azharonline, banerjeerohit92, navinbarathwaj, and Sandyyy, I'm gonna write my interview experience.

I had an interview with Fran Johnson. Prior to the interview, I've search her profile and she used to be a risk consultant, hence I'm not afraid to get technical during the interview. The interview question:
- Walk me through your resume. My advice is not just read your resume but thoroughly explain what is your main responsibilities
- Short term goals. Make sure that MBS will help you achieve your short term goals
- Behavioral question. This will depend on your previous answer. Fran realized that I'm a very well structured guy and loves to take control of the situation so she asked me what will you do if you can't control the situation during the consultancy projects? I don't think I answered this correctly though :(

The whole interview lasts 51 minutes, I don't ask many questions because I already met one of their representative during his visit to Indonesia. Fran said that an admission committee meeting will be held this week so probably you guys should receive the decision soon.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 20:54
azvin wrote:
Just got interviewed 2 days ago. Since many members of this forum have been very helpful, especially malex, azharonline, banerjeerohit92, navinbarathwaj, and Sandyyy, I'm gonna write my interview experience.

I had an interview with Fran Johnson. Prior to the interview, I've search her profile and she used to be a risk consultant, hence I'm not afraid to get technical during the interview. The interview question:
- Walk me through your resume. My advice is not just read your resume but thoroughly explain what is your main responsibilities
- Short term goals. Make sure that MBS will help you achieve your short term goals
- Behavioral question. This will depend on your previous answer. Fran realized that I'm a very well structured guy and loves to take control of the situation so she asked me what will you do if you can't control the situation during the consultancy projects? I don't think I answered this correctly though :(

The whole interview lasts 51 minutes, I don't ask many questions because I already met one of their representative during his visit to Indonesia. Fran said that an admission committee meeting will be held this week so probably you guys should receive the decision soon.

Buddy, why don't you post this on the Interview Debrief section?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 21:23
azharonline wrote:
azvin wrote:

Buddy, why don't you post this on the Interview Debrief section?

So I can thank you :D
I'll post this in the debrief section, thanks for reminding me
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 21:46
Since this week is almost over. I think by the end of next week, we should hear back from them. :D
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2019, 00:18
navinbarathwaj wrote:
Since this week is almost over. I think by the end of next week, we should hear back from them. :D

When was your interview?
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2019, 01:35
Thanks azvin very cool thanks for posting! Will say I wish you had asked some questions. It's not about gathering information but developing rapport with the interviewer. I know GC would be happy and dance if you posted this in debriefs. Good luck! :)

azvin wrote:

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2019, 08:39
Hi Guys,
Got my admit a couple of hours ago.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 02:48
Got my admit last night. Is there any whatsapp group for the admit?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 03:00
azvin wrote:
Got my admit last night. Is there any whatsapp group for the admit?

Hey! I got my admit yesterday too! Navin, seems you've got most of the contacts so why don't you create a WhatsApp group or something?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 03:02
All those who have admits, please PM me your whatsapp number. I'll create a whatsapp group.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 09:48
Received my admit just an hour ago.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V32
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 13:17
Hi All,

I plan to apply for the 6th round. I am an Indian female with 9 years of experience in IT. My GMAT score is 650. Is it advisable to apply with my score?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 15:40
jayitaroy wrote:
Hi All,

I plan to apply for the 6th round. I am an Indian female with 9 years of experience in IT. My GMAT score is 650. Is it advisable to apply with my score?

Of course yes. AMBS did not charge any application fee so I think you should try.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2019, 15:40

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 73 posts ] 

Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status