Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Re: 550 on GMAT 4th attempt [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Rajat, you really need to give more details than that buddy. Your score splits, your other scores, the sources of your preparation, your ESR etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi first od all I would like to thank you for the help. Here below is a brief preview of the prepration.

1) How many times have you taken the actual GMAT? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken the GMAT, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests.

I've appeared for GMAT 4 times.
GMAT 1 Feb 28, 2018 420 V13 Q 40
GMAT 2 March 28, 2018 550 V20 Q 46
GMAT 3 Dec 13 2018 440 cancelled ( had some real family issues was only physically present V16 Q39
GMAT 4 Jan 15 2019 540 cancelled V19 Q45

2) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).
This year took 5 practise tests from MBA.com
Test 1 Nov 12, 2018 530 V16 Q 47
Test 2 Dec 20, 2018 610 V30 Q 44
Test 3 Jan 11, 2019 670 V32, Q 49
Test 5 Jan 5, 2019 540 V21 Q 44
Test 6 Jan 7 2019. 680 V 30 Q 50

3) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months? What resources did you use?
I did study through the year for nearly 4-5 hours a day and during the last 3 months for almost 10 hours a day.

4) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?
I am mainly targeting to only 2 schools ISB (deadline 15 Jan 2019 and LBS MBA( 3rd List March 2, 2019)

5) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?
I plan to take GMAT again in a months time say around Feb 15, 2019

6) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?
I can devote nearly 10 hours a day to study and achieve the said target.

7) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.
As regards quant I was very well prepared though I had some issues with RC as regards verbal. getting 2-3 RC in the first 10 questions in verbal, turns tables and takes the cake away.

Further, just FYI, I did start my prepration with Jamboree, on finding it insufficient, went on for expanding my horizon to IVY GMAT, ending May 2018 and did take the e-gmat classes recently, ending yesterday. I do understand things and have devoted time and efforts to get to the target, the concern is that my original results did not commensurate to the hardworking that has been put in by me! :(

Thanks once again and hope we can work in the direction of getting me an admit this year.

Thanks

Rajat

ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi carajatarora,

I’m sorry to hear about how things when with your GMAT. I’m happy to provide advice but would first like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

1) How many times have you taken the actual GMAT? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken the GMAT, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests.

2) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

3) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months? What resources did you use?

4) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

5) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

6) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

7) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.

Once I learn a bit more about you, I can provide some detailed advice.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi carajatarora,

I PM’d you some thoughts earlier today. If you need any further advice, let me know.

Good luck!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
During your mocks, the variation in your Verbal scores is mind-boggling: From V16 to V32!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Not sure if you're dead set on top 20 school, but you can still go to a top 40 or top 50 school with that score.
GMAT Club Bot