GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 15:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT RC Webinar

February 23, 2019

February 23, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Learn reading strategies that can help even non-voracious reader to master GMAT RC. Saturday, February 23rd at 7 AM PT
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

February 24, 2019

February 24, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

550 on GMAT 4th attempt

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 550 Q46 V20
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
550 on GMAT 4th attempt  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 06:49
Guys I appeared for GMAT today got a 550! Can someone please suggest what to do? Need suggestion! Please help guys!!
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Re: 550 on GMAT 4th attempt  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 07:53
Hi carajatarora,

I’m sorry to hear about how things when with your GMAT. I’m happy to provide advice but would first like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

1) How many times have you taken the actual GMAT? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken the GMAT, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests.

2) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

3) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months? What resources did you use?

4) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

5) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

6) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

7) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.

Once I learn a bit more about you, I can provide some detailed advice.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 11:58
Hi carajatarora,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not go as well as hoped. Back in November, you posted that you had recently scored 580 - and had scored 550 earlier last year (in March, 2018). With this recent attempt, you've now scored in the 500s three times. If you also scored in the 500s on your other attempt, then you are almost certainly 'stuck' at this particular score level. Assuming that your Score Goal is still 700+, you're likely going to need at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study to get to the point that you can consistently score at that higher level - and you will have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections).

You might choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn't provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

1) Are you still planning to apply to LBS sometime soon or are you going to wait until Round 1 in September?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

VP
VP
P
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 23:49
Hi Rajat, you really need to give more details than that buddy. Your score splits, your other scores, the sources of your preparation, your ESR etc.

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 550 Q46 V20
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2019, 07:09
Hi first od all I would like to thank you for the help. Here below is a brief preview of the prepration.

1) How many times have you taken the actual GMAT? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken the GMAT, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests.

I've appeared for GMAT 4 times.
GMAT 1 Feb 28, 2018 420 V13 Q 40
GMAT 2 March 28, 2018 550 V20 Q 46
GMAT 3 Dec 13 2018 440 cancelled ( had some real family issues was only physically present V16 Q39
GMAT 4 Jan 15 2019 540 cancelled V19 Q45

2) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).
This year took 5 practise tests from MBA.com
Test 1 Nov 12, 2018 530 V16 Q 47
Test 2 Dec 20, 2018 610 V30 Q 44
Test 3 Jan 11, 2019 670 V32, Q 49
Test 5 Jan 5, 2019 540 V21 Q 44
Test 6 Jan 7 2019. 680 V 30 Q 50

3) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months? What resources did you use?
I did study through the year for nearly 4-5 hours a day and during the last 3 months for almost 10 hours a day.

4) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?
I am mainly targeting to only 2 schools ISB (deadline 15 Jan 2019 and LBS MBA( 3rd List March 2, 2019)

I plan to take GMAT again in a months time say around Feb 15, 2019

6) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?
I can devote nearly 10 hours a day to study and achieve the said target.

7) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.
As regards quant I was very well prepared though I had some issues with RC as regards verbal. getting 2-3 RC in the first 10 questions in verbal, turns tables and takes the cake away.

Further, just FYI, I did start my prepration with Jamboree, on finding it insufficient, went on for expanding my horizon to IVY GMAT, ending May 2018 and did take the e-gmat classes recently, ending yesterday. I do understand things and have devoted time and efforts to get to the target, the concern is that my original results did not commensurate to the hardworking that has been put in by me! :(

Thanks once again and hope we can work in the direction of getting me an admit this year.

Thanks

Rajat

ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi carajatarora,

I’m sorry to hear about how things when with your GMAT. I’m happy to provide advice but would first like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

Once I learn a bit more about you, I can provide some detailed advice.
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 11:13
Hi carajatarora,

I PM’d you some thoughts earlier today. If you need any further advice, let me know.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

VP
VP
P
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 21:22
During your mocks, the variation in your Verbal scores is mind-boggling: From V16 to V32!

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 18:52
Not sure if you're dead set on top 20 school, but you can still go to a top 40 or top 50 school with that score.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 550 on GMAT 4th attempt   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2019, 18:52

550 on GMAT 4th attempt

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap