Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [42]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [5]
Given Kudos: 854
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
General Discussion
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [2]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 474 [2]
Given Kudos: 1227
Schools: XLRI"20
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Scientists at the state medical research facility have discovered a [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi all,

I have one question, in choice E, is n't one and that redundunt?

wouldn't choice E have been more perfect, had it read like this, "Scientists at the state medical research facility have discovered a dormant virus, one they believe to be of a type previously unknown to medical science"

Experts please help, because i saw a similiar question which eliminated choices with "one that...". Not able to recollect the exact question.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
Re: Scientists at the state medical research facility have discovered a [#permalink]
Yes hellosanthosh2k2, you are right it seems redundant. Can any one vouch for the source of this question?

hellosanthosh2k2 wrote:
Hi all,

I have one question, in choice E, is n't one and that redundunt?

wouldn't choice E have been more perfect, had it read like this, "Scientists at the state medical research facility have discovered a dormant virus, one they believe to be of a type previously unknown to medical science"

Experts please help, because i saw a similiar question which eliminated choices with "one that...". Not able to recollect the exact question.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Scientists at the state medical research facility have discovered a [#permalink]
‘is’ is the wrong verb to use here. A virus may belong to a type, but it is not a whole type by itself. E is the only correct answer because it says that the scientists believe the virus to ‘be of’ a previously unknown type.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Can you pls let me know if believe is better than believe to be
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7629 [1]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM