Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Schools: ISB '21 HBS '21
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [0]
Given Kudos: 1283
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Send PM
Re: How accurate is the GMAT Prep Mocks as of now? [#permalink]
Those are great scores. I think GMAC has publicly admitted that one can expect +/- 30 points difference on the real GMAT. This was true for me as my performance on the real test was within the range of my official mock results.

Here is hoping you perform at the upper limit of your range. Please let us know the outcome.

Best wishes!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Schools: ISB '21 HBS '21
Send PM
How accurate is the GMAT Prep Mocks as of now? [#permalink]
Experts I am in need of help.
Something weird happened with my Gmat. I Scored 620. Q49 V27 IR7

I was slower in both verbal and quant than my mocks.

Quant - I felt pretty confident while solving, although I felt that the questions are 2-3 levels up as compared to the questions in mocks and official material. Quant was never really a problem for me. But because of my speed I had to guess the last 4 questions, which I believe is the reason for the drop from Q50 to Q49.

Verbal - I just cannot digest V28. I have never seen that figure in any of my mock.

In the official gmat prep mocks that I gave in the period of last 2 months, following were the scores:

GMAT PREP 2-650 Q46 V34(Apr 5 2019) failed to mark last 2 questions in quant, hence the penalty

GMAT PREP 3-670 Q49 V32(Apr 16 2019)
GMAT PREP 4-670 Q49 V32(May 12 2019)
GMAT PREP 5-710 Q50 V35(May 19 2019)
GMAT PREP 6-730 Q50 V38(May 23 2019)

Besides these I gave gmat club mocks, regular 40 question tests on GMAT Wiley using official guide and verbal review and used questions on GMAT club. I realised that nothing is better than official material as far as verbal is concerned. I focused mainly on verbal review and official guide.

Problem - I never use to finish verbal on time, I always use to guess last 3-4 questions. I feel that I was not that heavily penalised for guessing in prep mocks as compared to official gmat.
Am I right in this ?
I can't really think of any other reason because I felt good while going through verbal, nice quality questions were being thrown and I had a good feeling overall.

Can anyone help ?

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by Connor1396 on 24 May 2019, 03:39.
Last edited by Connor1396 on 24 May 2019, 03:45, edited 2 times in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Connor1396,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not go as well as hoped. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total? How many hours did you typically study each week?
2) What "brands" of practice CATs have you used so far?

Goals:
3) What is your exact goal score?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

From your message, I assume that you plan to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot