Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Imperial College MBA Applicants [2020 Intake]Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Target companies and the criteria these companies use for recruitment. What is the best way to answer this question?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Imperial College MBA Applicants [2020 Intake]Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
aghosh54 wrote:
Target companies and the criteria these companies use for recruitment. What is the best way to answer this question?
It essentially asks whether you have done proper in-depth research on what it takes to get into your target companies/industry and how Imperial MBA can help you get there.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Update: Added deadlines and important links in above posts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
How to right the general statement????

Is there a group where I can get my general statement reviewed??

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
aghosh54 will take over the control of this discussion from hereon. He is very excited to apply to a bunch of elite MBA programs this year. For any help on this forum, feel free to contact him. But for now, congrats and wish him best luck.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
suramya26 wrote:
How to right the general statement????

Is there a group where I can get my general statement reviewed??

suramya26

There is no separate forum for getting your essay reviewed. However, you can get a free review from an admission consulting company. I am sure there are at least a few that offer this service.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you Narenn for letting me lead the thread. Those who are applying to Imperial please post your doubts. I am in touch with some recent alumni and students. They are willing to provide insights on the program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi aghosh54,

I am am Indian IT Male with 3 years of IT experience.
I looking for a role and sector change.
I have already filled the online application form.

I wanted to ask about the post MBA job opportunities from Imperial and the job market.
I am applying for Sept 2020 intake.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
suramya26 wrote:
Hi aghosh54,

I am am Indian IT Male with 3 years of IT experience.
I looking for a role and sector change.
I have already filled the online application form.

I wanted to ask about the post MBA job opportunities from Imperial and the job market.
I am applying for Sept 2020 intake.

Hi suramya26 I'm also an applicant for this year. As far as my interaction with current students and alumni I got an idea that post Imperial MBA there are lots of opportunities in consulting. If you are looking for entrepreneurial opportunities then there are various startups you can look for. Please follow this link https://www.imperial.ac.uk/business-school/programmes/full-time-mba/meet-our-students/chat-to-our-students/. Try to connect with Anirudh who is a recent alumni with tech background. He is also an Indian. He can give you a clear picture about post MBA job opportunities.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi there! I will also be applying for the Full Time MBA program for the Sept 2020 intake that's due on 27 September. I have a couple of concern regarding the application:

1. Is a 3 minute video pitch allowed to be submitted this year? I know for previous cohorts that this is possible although optional. However, I can't seem to find any reference for it anywhere on the Imperial MBA Application website now. Can someone get back to me regarding this?

2. Is there a word limit on the personal statement? The website just says that its typically a 1 side of A4, but what about the word limit?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi

I don't see point 1 in the application requirements as pointed by ridho13081992.

Anyone else please clarify about these 2 points....are they are common doubts

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
Send PM
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the applications.

1) I believe the deadline for R1 is 27 Sep. I see some very basic sections under the application section. I can also see a supplementary documents section which I think I can only access post submitting the application. However, I don't see any essay questions per say. The MBA requirements mention personal statement but I can not see the option for that in the applications section.

2) If I submit my application on the deadline 27 Sep and then get the option to upload supplementary documents which also asks for referrals. Do my referees get additional time to submit their responses? If yes, what is the deadline for referees?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ridho13081992 wrote:
Hi there! I will also be applying for the Full Time MBA program for the Sept 2020 intake that's due on 27 September. I have a couple of concern regarding the application:

1. Is a 3 minute video pitch allowed to be submitted this year? I know for previous cohorts that this is possible although optional. However, I can't seem to find any reference for it anywhere on the Imperial MBA Application website now. Can someone get back to me regarding this?

2. Is there a word limit on the personal statement? The website just says that its typically a 1 side of A4, but what about the word limit?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

I'll try to confirm it from the admissions as well as the current students.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Soumya94 wrote:

1) I believe the deadline for R1 is 27 Sep. I see some very basic sections under the application section. I can also see a supplementary documents section which I think I can only access post submitting the application. However, I don't see any essay questions per say. The MBA requirements mention personal statement but I can not see the option for that in the applications section.

2) If I submit my application on the deadline 27 Sep and then get the option to upload supplementary documents which also asks for referrals. Do my referees get additional time to submit their responses? If yes, what is the deadline for referees?

I'll try to confirm it from the admissions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Soumya94 wrote:

I too observed the same.There's no section for essays.BTW other univ accept transcripts as proof for English fluency. Do we need to give the exam(Ielts/Toefl) before receiving admit?(for indians).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
prvprv wrote:
Soumya94 wrote:

I too observed the same.There's no section for essays.BTW other univ accept transcripts as proof for English fluency. Do we need to give the exam(Ielts/Toefl) before receiving admit?(for indians).

Regarding English language requirement the following is the exact reply that I got from the admission-

"Unless your degree has been studied in and awarded by a native English language speaking country as listed on our website, you will be required to take an English language test. A full list of acceptable English language qualifications and our required scores can be found on our detailed English language requirement page.

Please note that you can submit your application without having taken the English language test. If you have a test date in place, do provide details in the application form. In the event that your application is successful and an offer made, it will be conditional on you meeting several requirements of which our English language requirements will be one.
"
Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello people, I got the reply from the admissions about video essays, supplemental documents and length of the Personal statement.
1. Video essay- The 3 minute video pitch is no longer a requirement for the application process this year.
2. Supplemental documents-Please note that the deadline is the date by which you must submit your application and provide all supplementary documentation to us, eg. CV, personal statement, copies of transcripts and the details of your referees. On submission of your application an automatically generated email will be sent to your referees requesting that they provide a reference in support of your application. Please note that we need to have received at least one of these in order to proceed with your application.
3. Personal statement- Please follow the link https://www.imperial.ac.uk/business-school/blogs/admissions/top-tips-personal-statements-and-references/. It's mentioned here that statement should be of A4 size page (approx 500 words)

Disclaimer- The above information I got from the Imperial admissions team.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts