Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all UBC Sauder MBA Applicants: [Aug 2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi there

Has anyone heard back about an interview for UBC yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: Sauder '22
Send PM
Re: Calling all UBC Sauder MBA Applicants: [Aug 2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
NickiMurdoch wrote:
Hi there

Has anyone heard back about an interview for UBC yet?

No, I haven't heard back but I applied late (last day) for the PMBA.

Please let me know if you hear anything, at this point my status was updated yesterday and says: "Status PMBA: Application Profile Evaluation"

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 580 Q33 V37
GPA: 2.75
Send PM
I applied in September 2019 for the PMBA program at Sauder. This is a part-time professional MBA. Not sure if it fits this thread.
Even though my GPA of 2.8 and GMAT of 580 are not really impressive, I have good references and 12 years of work experience in Europe, China and Canada.
I got an interview invitation today. Is it better to go there in person if you can, instead of doing it over Skype? I live in Victoria, a ferry ride away from Vancouver.
Anyone here applying for the PMBA?
Invited to Interview
30 Oct, 2019
30 Oct 2019, 11:10
DanCoric GMAT: 580, Q33, V37; GPA: 2.75; WE: 144 months; Canada; via Email
PMBA, not MBA. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DanCoric wrote:
I applied in September 2019 for the PMBA program at Sauder. This is a part-time professional MBA. Not sure if it fits this thread.
Even though my GPA of 2.8 and GMAT of 580 are not really impressive, I have good references and 12 years of work experience in Europe, China and Canada.
I got an interview invitation today. Is it better to go there in person if you can, instead of doing it over Skype? I live in Victoria, a ferry ride away from Vancouver.

Hi,

They recommend to go to in person, but I don't see what would be the difference, I had my interview last week.

Please let me know how it goes, I'm waiting for an answer from Sauder.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
JoelUBC wrote:
DanCoric wrote:

Hi,

They recommend to go to in person, but I don't see what would be the difference, I had my interview last week.

Please let me know how it goes, I'm waiting for an answer from Sauder.

I also had my interview for the full-time program this morning in-person. They recommend going in person if you can but I spoke with them on the phone and they said if you choose skype, that will not affect your application.

A lot of the admissions committee is traveling right now so they have a limited number of in-person interviews available. I got the only slot this week
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hi all
I have applied to Ubc full time MBA program and received an email stating insufficient document checklist. The mail mentions not receiving official GMAT scores and absence of English test scores( even though my transcripts are in English) . I wanted to know whether UBC would process my application based on GMAT scan copies or i do i need to send official scores for them to process the application.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jass0812 wrote:
Hi all
I have applied to Ubc full time MBA program and received an email stating insufficient document checklist. The mail mentions not receiving official GMAT scores and absence of English test scores( even though my transcripts are in English) . I wanted to know whether UBC would process my application based on GMAT scan copies or i do i need to send official scores for them to process the application.

I think you need to have the official scores sent in order for them to start reviewing. But you might want to double check that with the Admissions Committee. If you give them a call they are very responsive and helpful!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jass0812 wrote:
Hi all

I don't think you need to send copies to Sauder, probably what Sauder needs is for you to ask GMAT to send the scores directly to Sauder. On the other hand English test scores may refer to your TOEFL scores, not to your transcript.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They asked for official gmat scores.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
How much time do they usually take to send interview invites?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jass0812 wrote:

Once they had all my documents it took about 10 days to get my interview invite
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jass0812 wrote:

In my case it took them 8 days

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
JoelUBC wrote:
jass0812 wrote:

Good luck!

That is really fast. I submitted application on Oct 31st. But haven't heard anything yet. Hope to get an answer soon.

Would you mind to share your interview debrief? and your background?

Thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
NickiMurdoch wrote:
jass0812 wrote:

That is really fast. would you mind sharing your interview brief? and your background?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thomasedzhang wrote:
NickiMurdoch wrote:
jass0812 wrote:

That is really fast. would you mind sharing your interview brief? and your background?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thomasedzhang wrote:
JoelUBC wrote:
jass0812 wrote:

Good luck!

That is really fast. I submitted application on Oct 31st. But haven't heard anything yet. Hope to get an answer soon.

Would you mind to share your interview debrief? and your background?

Thank you

Sorry, I thought I answered yesterday.

Well my background, I am an engineer, with low GMAT, average TOEFL and 20 years of experience in manufacturing.

My interview was very relaxed, the person that interview me was very nice and approachable.

The questions were about experiences, "Tell me about a time you made a mistake", "Why an MBA and why now?", Goals after the PMA, that kind of questons.

It was only 30 minutes and I actually had a good time.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts