Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
tinawadhwani wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
tinawadhwani wrote:
Hey there,

Demographic and Background:

Nationality: Indian
Work Ex: 5+ Years
Industry: IT
Estimated GMAT: 700-720

Education:
10th ICSE: 73%
12th ISC: 60%
Bachelors of Computer Applications: 70% (Average College)
M.Sc in Computer Science (CGPA): 3.75/4.00(Slightly above average University)

Professional Abstract:
I currently work as a Project/Presales manager in an AI-based startup. I started out as a Software Engineer and have progressed to being a Business Analyst to being a Team Lead and finally a Project Manager. I currently look into Project Management, Product Management and Presales.
I have deliberately chosen small-sized startups across 5 years of experience. Nascent startups give you the added edge of experiencing the complete product lifecycle very closely and facing multiple challenges. Though the work is often stressful, the learning curve is amazing and truly hones your leadership skills
The fact that I have transitioned across multiple roles bears testament to this fact.

Volunteer Experience:
I have begun a 3-month volunteer experience with an NGO that runs an accelerator program for other education-based NGOs. I am currently working closely on the fundraising space and learning a lot.

Why MBA?
Entrepreneurship. In a nutshell, an MBA gives me better perspective given my technical ed background, gives my better networking capabilities and access to world-class faculty

What I need help with:
1. Although I have average scores throughout school and college. Does the fact that I have a Master's degree eliminate any negative implications my scores would bring about?
2. I understand that the Indian IT domain is hugely overrepresented, but I believe that the female demography is needed for creating better diversity. Can this work in my favor?
3. What are my chances with ISB? Also would be glad if you could share the universities I should be targeting along with ISB given my profile.
4. I am yet to give the GMAT and begun work on applications, hence the score estimate(700-720). Does getting an increase of points say, a 730, increase my chances a lot, or do I still fall in the same range irrespective if the score is 720 or 730?

Appreciate any help and guidance!

Cheers,
Tins

Hi Tina,

You have solid work experience overall and you should fall back heavily on your experience and learnings from it to differentiate yourself in the over-competitive applicant pool. While women do add to the diversity at any business school, ISB already has a decent 39% women students ( more are ofcourse desirable). Given that a large chunk of women already apply- you should not think of being a woman as a big competitive advantage, instead focus upon our strengths and what you bring to the ISB classroom that would be valued.
Your academic scores are average throughout, so I would focus the attention on the GMAT - that's the only part of your academic evaluation that is still under your control. Between 720 and 730 your chances will not change drastically, that said the higher score you can get, the better. Adcoms evaluate applicants in comparison with other applicants in their pool, so having any advantage such as a higher GMAT score can work to your advantage.

Regarding other MBA programs, where do you wish to study? Any country preference?

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you Namita for the response. I am targeting the US and a couple of universities in the Asian region as well, specifically, NUS and HKUST.

Also, I have currently moved on my from company and am volunteering. My volunteer program comes to an end in December, so I will either look out for newer opportunities or extrnd the volunteer program. Would thus impact my application in any way?

Cheers,
Tina

Hi Tina,

You could definitely apply to programs in the US and even to NUS. I am not so sure about with the current political environment there. We'll have a better picture of where you can apply after your GMAt scores are available. But if we consider a range of schools, it will be in the top 15 to 30 - we'll have to get much deeper into your profile and work experiences to know exactly which.

While the volunteering experience sounds great, I'd see further value in it only if you plan to pivot your career to social impact. If you plan to return to the IT sector post MBA, then you should try getting back to it now. A gap in the interim period between the volunteering gig and job search will not help at all, so do the volunteering until you have the job in hand.
Remember, adcoms don't appreciate gaps in career trajectory.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile for ISB round 2

29 year male
GMAT- 730 (QA-49, VA-40, IR-7, AWA-5)

Graduation: Completed B.Tech. from SRM University in 2012 with 9.55/10
H.S.C: 76% (CBSE)
S.S.C: 77.8% (CBSE)

Experience - 90 months (70 months India, 20 months Dubai)
12 months at Payoda Technologies Coimbatore as Software Engineer
44 months at ZS Associates Pune as Technology analyst and Senior Technology Analyst (Promotion after 24 months). Travelled to US a couple of times and manager a team of 4 associates and worked across 10 projects for 6 different clients.
14 months at Vuclip India as Senior Data Analyst helping the growth hackers across the middle east and south-east Asia. Involved in setting up the analytics platform of the organization.
20 months at Vuclip Dubai as Senior Data Analyst and Manager (Promotion after 8 months). Leading analytics for the region and involved in growth hacking.

Post MBA Goal: Already involved in business decision making in my current role at a customer internet company. I want to build on the current experience and be a part of the business strategy team at a consumer internet company.

Why MBA: To learn the nitty-gritty of Strategic Decision Making

Achievements:
University scholarship holder for excellent academic performance for each academic year

Extra-curricular:
Helping a local NGO in my hometown that helps the underprivileged children
Joint Secretary of Telecommunications Engineer's Association at SRM University (2011-12)

Originally posted by abhinavvajpayee on 18 Nov 2019, 06:20.
Last edited by abhinavvajpayee on 19 Nov 2019, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: ISB '21 (D)
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Hello folks,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 660 [Quant:47 , Verbal:34, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.C.A. (it's not BE/B.tech) in Computer Applications from VIT University in 2016 with 77%(7.7/10).
H.S.C: secured 72% from Science stream from ISC in 2012.
S.S.C: secured 84% from ICSE in 2010.

Work Experience:
* Joined Deloitte Consulting from campus as an analyst. Worked for 2 years and 4 Months.
* Working at Rubrik Inc as Team lead for G&A division. Since February 2019. Joined as developer and got an early promotion in 6 months. Have been working on high visibility and $$$$ projects as consultant. Experience in leading medium to small $$ projects.

Extra Curricular:
Led the prestigious Microsoft Innovation Labs at VIT University.
Led a commercial project, first of it's kind, out of Microsoft Lab. Led a team which included 1/2 year senior to me.
Runner up at EduHackathon by Butterfly Innovations (CollPoll). Uni Level.
Third prize at wearable device hackathon. ( I believe it shows a unique point in profile as it was an electronics domain hackathon and I am of CS background // Maybe)
Participant at other club events.
School winner of debates and extempore competition.
Recipient of some awards as high performer in academics at school level. (Goodness! I still have certificates)
Have been part of child education groups in college. Juvenile Care.
Part of CSR group to educate underprivileged kids.

Hobbies:
I love to read. Writing and traveling.

Effective communicator, good people skills.

Also, one request, please do let me know if you think I have a shot at some other good college too. Location no bar.
Thank you!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
vaibhavkumar98 wrote:
Hello folks,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 660 [Quant:47 , Verbal:34, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.C.A. (it's not BE/B.tech) in Computer Applications from VIT University in 2016 with 77%(7.7/10).
H.S.C: secured 72% from Science stream from ISC in 2012.
S.S.C: secured 84% from ICSE in 2010.

Work Experience:
* Joined Deloitte Consulting from campus as an analyst. Worked for 2 years and 4 Months.
* Working at Rubrik Inc as Team lead for G&A division. Since February 2019. Joined as developer and got an early promotion in 6 months. Have been working on high visibility and $$$$ projects as consultant. Experience in leading medium to small $$ projects.

Extra Curricular:
Led the prestigious Microsoft Innovation Labs at VIT University.
Led a commercial project, first of it's kind, out of Microsoft Lab. Led a team which included 1/2 year senior to me.
Runner up at EduHackathon by Butterfly Innovations (CollPoll). Uni Level.
Third prize at wearable device hackathon. ( I believe it shows a unique point in profile as it was an electronics domain hackathon and I am of CS background // Maybe)
Participant at other club events.
School winner of debates and extempore competition.
Recipient of some awards as high performer in academics at school level. (Goodness! I still have certificates)
Have been part of child education groups in college. Juvenile Care.
Part of CSR group to educate underprivileged kids.

Hobbies:
I love to read. Writing and traveling.

Effective communicator, good people skills.

Also, one request, please do let me know if you think I have a shot at some other good college too. Location no bar.
Thank you!

You should retake the GMAT for any "good program" that you wish to target. A 700+ GMAt score is needed
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile for ISB round 2

29 year male
GMAT- 730 (QA-49, VA-40, IR-7, AWA-5)

Graduation: Completed B.Tech. from SRM University in 2012 with 9.55/10
H.S.C: 76% (CBSE)
S.S.C: 77.8% (CBSE)

Experience - 90 months (70 months India, 20 months Dubai)
12 months at Payoda Technologies Coimbatore as Software Engineer
44 months at ZS Associates Pune as Technology analyst and Senior Technology Analyst (Promotion after 24 months). Travelled to US a couple of times and manager a team of 4 associates and worked across 10 projects for 6 different clients.
14 months at Vuclip India as Senior Data Analyst helping the growth hackers across the middle east and south-east Asia. Involved in setting up the analytics platform of the organization.
20 months at Vuclip Dubai as Senior Data Analyst and Manager (Promotion after 8 months). Leading analytics for the region and involved in growth hacking.

Post MBA Goal: Already involved in business decision making in my current role at a customer internet company. I want to build on the current experience and be a part of the business strategy team at a consumer internet company.

Why MBA: To learn the nitty-gritty of Strategic Decision Making

Achievements:
University scholarship holder for excellent academic performance for each academic year

Extra-curricular:
Helping a local NGO in my hometown that helps the underprivileged children
Joint Secretary of Telecommunications Engineer's Association at SRM University (2011-12)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi

I am looking to apply to ISB. Can anyone help me understand my chances of converting?

Exp: 46 months

Industry : Telecom (Reliance Jio)

Position : Assistant Manager

GMAT score: 750 (Q50, V41, IR8, AWA5.5)

Graduate: BE Hons, BITS Pilani (Pilani) ( EEE)

12th: CBSE 86.60%
10th: CBSE 9.6 CGPA (91.20%)

Round targeted: R2, December 2019 for 2020 batch

Extra curricular strengths:
Musician (guitar+vocals), performed live, competed with semi pro bands
Avid football lover. Also play the sport.

Summary:
I have worked in Jio as a technical manager and undertook various projects to implement network changes at a PAN India level. Managed 22 circles (states HQ) through the central NHQ. Also initiated several changes to way things have been done manually in the company through streamlining and automation. Acted as POC for various cross functional teams for smooth harmony

Why:
Working directly under VP of Jio has led me to envision myself as a someone capable of spearheading any customer based firm into innovative advancements. Strong Technical background would help me understand ground-level issues and quickly highlight and comprehend exact issues. Experience of handling 22 state HQs further enhanced my ability to manage people from different work lines and background, enabling me to empathise with every team member and leading the team to more efficient outputs. Direct interactions with technical vendor teams and brainstorming sessions has motivated me to Choose consulting as my primary field.

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
realbuzzks wrote:
Hi

I am looking to apply to ISB. Can anyone help me understand my chances of converting?

Summary:
I have worked in Jio as a technical manager and undertook various projects to implement network changes at a PAN India level. Managed 22 circles (states HQ) through the central NHQ. Also initiated several changes to way things have been done manually in the company through streamlining and automation. Acted as POC for various cross functional teams for smooth harmony

Why:
Working directly under VP of Jio has led me to envsion myself as a someone capable of spearheading any customer based firm into innovative advancements. Strong Technical background would help me understand ground-level issues and quickly highlight and comprehend exact issues. Experience of handling 22 state HQs further enhanced my ability to manage people from different work lines and background, enabling me to empathise with every team member and leading the team to more efficient outputs. Direct interactions with technical vendor teams and brainstorming sessions has motivated me to Choose consulting as my primary field.

Hi Realbuzzks,

You have a good profile for ISB. Your leadership experience shall serve you well, but they will need to be presented well enough in the application.
Your acads look strong, although you have not mentioned your engg. CGPA. the GMAT is solid.
Now the weakness: Your career goals if this is what you are planning to write in the MBA application are all over the place. I didn't quite get what you mean here : "envision myself as a someone capable of spearheading any customer based firm into innovative advancements." - sounds like jargon and does not connect with consulting as a career goal. Moreover. interacting with vendors is no justification for a consulting career either. Be careful about what you write in the goals essay - its a crucial essay.

Reach out if you need help. We have some capacity for ISB's R2 deadline and can help you get your story straight.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
realbuzzks wrote:
Hi

Summary:

Why:
Working directly under VP of Jio has led me to envsion myself as a someone capable of spearheading any customer based firm into innovative advancements. Strong Technical background would help me understand ground-level issues and quickly highlight and comprehend exact issues. Experience of handling 22 state HQs further enhanced my ability to manage people from different work lines and background, enabling me to empathise with every team member and leading the team to more efficient outputs. Direct interactions with technical vendor teams and brainstorming sessions has motivated me to Choose consulting as my primary field.

Hi Realbuzzks,

You have a good profile for ISB. Your leadership experience shall serve you well, but they will need to be presented well enough in the application.
Your acads look strong, although you have not mentioned your engg. CGPA. the GMAT is solid.
Now the weakness: Your career goals if this is what you are planning to write in the MBA application are all over the place. I didn't quite get what you mean here : "envision myself as a someone capable of spearheading any customer based firm into innovative advancements." - sounds like jargon and does not connect with consulting as a career goal. Moreover. interacting with vendors is no justification for a consulting career either. Be careful about what you write in the goals essay - its a crucial essay.

Reach out if you need help. We have some capacity for ISB's R2 deadline and can help you get your story straight.

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable inputs. I’ll definitely be reaching out to you guys.

Sorry for not mentioning the engineering CGPA, it is 72.9% (7.29 with 10 as conversion factor for BITS)

Also, I’ll keep the pointers in mind while preparing the SOP. And I hope I haven’t gotten too late for the application process.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
realbuzzks wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
realbuzzks wrote:
Hi

Summary:

Why:

Hi Realbuzzks,

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable inputs. I’ll definitely be reaching out to you guys.

Sorry for not mentioning the engineering CGPA, it is 72.9% (7.29 with 10 as conversion factor for BITS)

Also, I’ll keep the pointers in mind while preparing the SOP. And I hope I haven’t gotten too late for the application process.

Glad that my feedback helped. Your GPA is ok, the GMAT should cover up for the average score.
You are no late for the R2 application deadline, but you need to have a coherent story line that makes you a strong applicant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
ankit2019 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile and show me the reality

1) Basic demographic info:
Nationality : Indian

2) Educational Background-
Undergrad : Engineering (Electronics and Instrumentation) Average college
GPA: 8.18/10
GMAT SCORE : Not Taken ( But target will be anything 700+)
12th :- 64.8% (CBSE)
10th :- 80% (ICSE)

3) Work experience:
Average IT Guy with no International Experience.
Total Experience of 8 Years.
Working in the Role of Project management.
CSM Certified.

4) Extracurricular:
Organised Various Sports Event in the College.
Organised College Tech Fest for two years in the capacity of General Secretary (There are no Official Certificate for the same).
Organised College Cultural Fest for two years in the capacity of General Secretary (There are no Official Certificate for the same).

Seeing my Academics and overall profile Should I be even thinking of one year MBA. If so which schools are within my reach.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Ankit,

Can you explain more about your work experience and your post MBA goals

Hi Namitha,

Sorry for the late response. Caught up in some Personal emergency.

I am currently doing the Project Management Work. Seeing end to end Delivery of the project.

Short term Goal is a transition to finance. Long term goal is to complete International CFA and move upto CFO level of the Company.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Changed

Originally posted by Test12512 on 25 Nov 2019, 02:20.
Last edited by Test12512 on 27 Dec 2019, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: ISB'22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am targeting to apply in Round 3. Could you please evaluate my profile?

Experience: 54 months (4.5 Years)

Industry: Civil (Infrastructure)

Education:
• 10th: 86%
• 12th: 80%
• Engineering: B.E. Civil, passed first class with distinction (GPA 3.83/4.00)
• PGP in Project Management from National Institute of Construction Management and Research (NICMAR), Pune. (CGPA 8.87/10.00)
• GMAT Score: 680 (Q-48, V-34)

Work Experience:
• Post my PGP, have worked on a Road Project in the state of Maharashtra for a period of 2 years. Responsible for execution of road works as well as structural works (a stretch totaling 40 Km, which involved major as well as minor structures). In addition, independently responsible for Client, Sub-contractor and Vendor Management (for a total length of 10 Km out of the project length of 140 Km). Part of a team which successfully achieved the commercial operation of the road and toll collection (BOT Project) [Execution Profile]
• 1.5 years of work experience in Ethiopia as a part of the central co-ordination team for 3 world bank road projects in the country. My responsibilities included planning and monitoring of the works, budget and cash flow preparation, client and sub-contractor management. I was also responsible for development and implementation of internal monitoring systems and MIS reporting of the projects. Singlehandedly assisted the project managers in all contractual matters including matters pertaining to dispute resolution and arbitration proceedings for the 3 projects (successfully managed to get an extension of time of completion for the project and subsequently prevented imposition of liquidated damages on us). [Planning and Monitoring of Works]
• 1 year of working as a contracts administrator – handling contractual matters of multiple projects across various sectors – road works, metro projects, irrigation projects, nuclear power plant projects. Responsible for overseeing the extension of time of completion of the projects as well as preparation of cost claims. [Contracts Administration]

Extra Curriculars:
• A trained tabla player with the required certifications.
• Represented my college in various football tournaments.
• Responsible for hosting a number of events in colleges (although no certificates have been provided for the same)

Post MBA Goals:
• Leveraging my experience from working in the 3 main domains of construction project (execution, planning and contracts), I aim to switch to a role in the strategy management/business development side, OR
• Risk Advisory and Consulting (Infrastructure and Capital Projects)

What I expect to gain from the course:
• Understanding how a business works and the intricacies of the same.

Appreciate an honest evaluation and feedback on the same.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I am targeting to apply in Round 3. Could you please evaluate my profile?

Experience: 8 years

Industry: Hospitality

Education:
• 10th: 89%
• 12th: 80%
• Hotel Management - India's premier institute and the oldest Hotel School under Central Govt. Ministry of Tourism, IHM Pusa New Delhi
• GMAT Score: 670 (Q-48, V-32)

Work Experience:
• Right from college campus placements, got through one of the most prestigious hotel management training programs in India, ITC Hospitality Management Institute.
A year of training across different cities understanding different business geographies and then I was posted to ITC Maratha, Mumbai. One of the chosen hotels of ITC which holds lead in Food & Beverage portfolio in the country, housing the popular brands like Dum Pukht, Peshawri & Dakshin. Started as a restaurant manager responsible for the launch of Dakshin Coastal, one of the most popular destinations in the city for South Indian Gastronomy. During the launch was exposed to different tools of modern world marketing, right from social media to bloggers/influencers to radio ad and many more.
In just one year I was moved to handle a bigger team with round the clock operations where I managed to clock the highest guest satisfaction index with significant 15% revenue growth.
Knowing my potential, I was given an add on responsibility of Beverage Management of the entire hotel which was nearly an inventory of INR 2cr.
2 years I managed the two portfolios successfully bringing the revenue growth in beverages to over 20%
In 2016, I was transferred to ITC Gardenia Bengaluru as the company's youngest Banquet Manager to head conventions vertical of Food & Beverage.
Growing further I implemented few unique policies that I had learnt in Mumbai, and as a result the department reported 18% growth in a situation when the other competition hotels were de growing.

• In 2018, I was moved to ITC Kohenur to set up a brand new convention space right from ground zero. From procurement of equipements to new processes for operations, it was absolutely a brand new expereince.
After setting up the place up and running, I realized that I haven't done anything new recently and then I decided to look out.

Got to know about one of the opportunities in an IT company that seemed old enough in the industry to let me learn the traits yet with a startup environment allowing me to apply my learnings real time.
I decided to join Microland as manager customer experience. Managing the customers in a sales support role enabled me to learn the business nuances and apply them benefiting the company and to my own self.

Entrepreneurial experience :
In the year 2013, while I was managing the Food & Beverage marketing for ITC Maratha, I relaized my inclination towards the creative designing and noticed the potential of this as a business. I learned the basics and started a small company named - 'DreamDezinerz'
While with my connects, I kept adding companies like Kingfisher, Reveilo, Fratelli Wines in my customer base, I couldn't focus on the same for long time since I lacked the specialisation in the design field.
In the year 2017, when I was trying to build up relations with our loyal customers, I noticed the need to come up with more ideas towards client handling part. This was further reemphasized when I joined Microland and realized that the expertise to handle niche clientele is something that could be practiced more professionaly.
And that's when I added one more vertical in dreamdezinerz, end to end client service management which involved experience consulting taking care of finer details ensuring optimum customer satisfaction.
With Bangalore as the base, it helped me connect with quite a few start ups who had expats & niche clientele but not the expertise to manage them well.
Today as dreamdezinerz has reported little over 6 lacs of business in this year, it still isn't a very sustainable model and that's what I intend to improvise on post MBA.

Extra Curriculars:
• Fond of learning new skills - skilled with softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
• Represented my college in speech competition
• Professional Anchor/Host of Live Shows

Post MBA Goals:
• Leveraging my experience from working in two different industries handling different types of client, masses or niche, managing teams of 10 - 50 members including assistant managers and superviosrs, I intend to get into a leadership position in allied services of hospitality and grow into CX
• In the long run I intend to expand my business and add more to its services and client base.

Looking forward to an honest evaluation and feedback on the same.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Hi,
I took the GMAT recently and scored 720 (Q50, V38, IR7, self-prepared guided by a friend). I had scored an avg of 750 in my mocks, so I believe I underperformed. However, I'm not sure if I should retake the GMAT.
Please evaluate my profile so that I can get going to fill the gaps that are present.

I aim to get an admit from ISB for its PGP in 2021. And a scholarship is something I'm really looking forward to. I don't intend to move out of India.

Here is my profile in short:- (not detailed, just to give an overview)

Work Ex:
More than 3 years at India's leading PSU and Oil and Gas giant- field based job at Gas Processing Plant operations role-14 days on/off duty round-the-clock in hitches, Shift-in-charge for 5 personnel at a time, overall 2nd in position managing 35 staff at a time;
2 months internship with Leading O&G MnC in college 3rd year.

Academic:
School topper, 10th & 12th CBSE 94%, NSO/IMO ranker in school,
Graduated from an established IIT - 8.03 cgpa (absolute scale),
AIR 15 in GATE, AIR 51 in NEST, Merit cum Means scholarship recipient for 7 semesters, represented college in International competitions and conferences, held positions of responsibility (Asst. President) in college-level chapters/ societies of International Organisations related to my Dept., campus ambassador of Twenty19 in college, 2 international paper publications

Extra-curricular- trained vocal classical singer, trained painter

Hobbies- amateur photography, photo and video editing, (I lag behind in the sports domain, no awards as such)

NGO- Been a teacher at Kartavya (college based NGO), currently teaching at an adjacent rural residential school at my workplace, campaign fund-raising internship (personal campaign) at ketto.org

I'm confused if I should retake the GMAT and how much value it is going to add to my application. And I would also want to know what it takes to bag a scholarship.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Piklu wrote:
I'm confused if I should retake the GMAT and how much value it is going to add to my application. And I would also want to know what it takes to bag a scholarship.

Hi Piklu, I would definitely suggest you should take your GMAT again. 720 is a brilliant score; however, getting a 750+ (which you were apparently getting on mocks) would increase your chances of an admit and also increase your chances of a scholarship.

You have lot of things going on for you (grades, undergrad, distinct profile etc.). You've not mentioned your post MBA goal though. Make sure your application portrays a consistency in your goals, and you should be good to go.
Director
Director
Send PM
kj28191 wrote:
Post MBA Goals:
• Leveraging my experience from working in the 3 main domains of construction project (execution, planning and contracts), I aim to switch to a role in the strategy management/business development side, OR
• Risk Advisory and Consulting (Infrastructure and Capital Projects)

Hi kj28191, perhaps a core infrastructure role in an infrastructure company (including construction/infrastructure/cement) company, might be a better fit, rather than strategy management/business development.

Basically you need to appropriately harness your Civil Engineering background and your experience in construction.
Director
Director
Send PM
Test12512 wrote:
GMAT score: 650

Hi Test12512, please consider pushing this score by at least 30 points.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  160   161   162   163   164  ...  307