Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 19:34 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 19:34
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 621 [2]
Given Kudos: 185
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MBADecoder wrote:
arcKnight wrote:
In the short term, I wish to grow in the Advertising Industry as a thought leader who brings technology, analytics and domain knowledge to the table and applied it to a business problem in the most effective manner. In the long term, I might want to have my own advertising firm where we can help a multitude of clients grow.

Thanks for you time. Kindly let me know what are the areas I can work on to strengthen my application and whether the profile is good enough to make it through Round 3.

Cheers,

Here's a link you may want to read in order to produce better goals statement:
https://tdwi.org/articles/2019/01/18/ad ... ustry.aspx

the trick is to connect the relevant parts of your past experience (not the entire whole) to what you wish to do in the future. Also I find thought leadership to be a vague goal- there is no designation as thought leadership. Talk in terms of positions, companies and specific responsibilities for the short term.

Thank you MBADecoder. This article is really useful and I will definite make the purpose more precise and role oriented.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 621 [0]
Given Kudos: 185
Send PM
Expert Reply
arcKnight wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
arcKnight wrote:
In the short term, I wish to grow in the Advertising Industry as a thought leader who brings technology, analytics and domain knowledge to the table and applied it to a business problem in the most effective manner. In the long term, I might want to have my own advertising firm where we can help a multitude of clients grow.

Thanks for you time. Kindly let me know what are the areas I can work on to strengthen my application and whether the profile is good enough to make it through Round 3.

Cheers,

Here's a link you may want to read in order to produce better goals statement:
https://tdwi.org/articles/2019/01/18/ad ... ustry.aspx

the trick is to connect the relevant parts of your past experience (not the entire whole) to what you wish to do in the future. Also I find thought leadership to be a vague goal- there is no designation as thought leadership. Talk in terms of positions, companies and specific responsibilities for the short term.

Thank you MBADecoder. This article is really useful and I will definite make the purpose more precise and role oriented.

You are welcome. Goals should not sound 1. vague (thought leader), or 2. like you are going to do the same thing after MBA.
Connect the dots well, between past and present career and future goals. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
Send PM
Hi All,

ISB Essays Book provides a description of ISB profiles of selected candidates along with their application essays. You can easily leverage the contents of the book to explore the selection potential based on your current profile.

Please refer to following link for the book:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/1647606160

This book includes:
• 55 application essays of ISB Alumni from Class of 2018 & 2019
• Analysis of each essay
• Profiles of successful applicants
• Tips to write a successful B-School application essay

You can also reach out to us on contact@thepreptalk.com for additional advice on the same.

Thanks,
Akshay (ISB, Class of '18)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 670 Q51 V29
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,
Please evaluate my profile so that I can get going to fill the gaps that are present. Here is my profile in short (just overview):

26 yr Male

GMAT:
670 (Q 51 V 30)

Academic:
-Engineer from Thapar University: CGPA- 8.15/10
-12th: 89.6%
-10th: 95% - School topper, Scholarship holder, IOM ranker in school

Work Ex:
-4 years in the field of analytics (credit risk domain). Providing analytical solutions to a major US bank
-Fast track promotions. 2 promotions in 3 years
-Have grown from a Business Analyst to Assistant Manager. Currently handle a team of 4
-On-site experience with the client

Extra-curricular:
-Member, Team You: Organize and plan events, festive activities and team outings for the project team
-Member, DART (decision analytics rapid training) team: Train and mentor freshly recruited graduates
-Member, Cricket team: Regular participant at corporate tournaments and Box Cricket Leagues. Also managing team of 14 members. Looking after team activities, cricket equipment and funds. Coordinate practice sessions and tournaments along with the Captain of the team
-Thapar Quizzing Club and Literary Society Secretary: Prepared and organized non-academic quizzes on various themes during college. Also winner and finalists at various Inter College and State Level Quiz competitions
-Organized 3 day quizzing festival during college Annual Festival
-Hostel Representative, Inter-Hostel Literary Fest: Managed and coordinated daily activities for the team of 3 hostels for 4 day fiesta comprising more than 20 events

Hobbies:
Sports enthusiast especially Cricket, Quizzing, Casual Coin Collector (commemorative coins of Indian rupee)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Work Exp: 3 years (Risk Consulting - Internal Audit) with leadership experience

CFA Level 1 (Appearing for Level 2 in Jun'19)

Class X: 9.4 CGPA
Class XII: 94.8%
Graduation: 75% (Economics Hons - Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi)
GMAT: 690 (Q47, IV38)

I am currently working in the domain of risk and data analytics based process audits for major oil and gas, and e-commerce clients. I have also received a couple of awards for exceptional performance over the course of my professional experience. I am currently leading a team of 4 individuals for the delivery of a quarterly project across the country.

Beyond work, I was the Organizing Committee Vice President for Youth to Business Forum organized by AIESEC in Delhi IIT, wherein we managed to get sponsorships from companies like Havells India, Panasonic India SmartPhone Division, CNN, 95FM, etc.

Additionally, I was also the Design and Marketing Head for "World Emergency Meeting", an event organized by the Economics Society of Shaheed Bhagat Singh College. I also lead the Zonal Table Tennis team for my school, which came first in the district.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Work Exp: 3.5 years (Big 4 Risk Consulting - Internal Audit) with leadership experience

CFA Level 2 (Appearing for Level 3 in Jun'20)

Graduation: 75% (Economics Hons - Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi)

I am currently working in the domain of risk and data analytics based process audits for major oil and gas, and e-commerce clients. I have also received a couple of awards for exceptional performance over the course of my professional experience. I am currently leading a team of 4 individuals for the delivery of a quarterly project across the country.

Beyond work, I was the Organizing Committee Vice President for Youth to Business Forum organized by AIESEC in Delhi IIT, wherein we managed to get sponsorships from companies like Havells India, Panasonic India SmartPhone Division, CNN, 95FM, etc.

Additionally, I was also the Design and Marketing Head for "World Emergency Meeting", an event organized by the Economics Society of Shaheed Bhagat Singh College. I also lead the Zonal Table Tennis team for my school, which came first in the district.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
vaibhavarora17 wrote:
Work Exp: 3.5 years (Big 4 Risk Consulting - Internal Audit) with leadership experience

CFA Level 2 (Appearing for Level 3 in Jun'20)

Hi vaibhavarora17,

I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 4 years. Below is my evaluation of your profile:

Academics: Average; You come from a diverse field it can definitely help you in your application.

Professional Work Experience:
• Length: 3.5 years of pre- MBA experience will be a good fit to the classroom.
• Quality: Very Good. Having quality leadership experience always strengthens your application.

Extracurricular: Good. If possible show some recognized certificates/achievements to validate your time spent in the activities.

GMAT: Score needs to be >700. Consider re-taking GMAT before applying if possible OR present your Professional Work Experience as the main attraction of your profile.

Overall: I believe your profile has a number of sparks in it to get the attention of the admission committee. However, you will need to demonstrate how you add value to the classroom basis your experiences. Oil & Gas and E-commerce are very different industries and each of them requires expertise to do risk and data analytics. Hence, you need to be absolutely logical in what your next career move post ISB would be if you wish to continue in the same field or do something else.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 359
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2021 admissions.

My GMAT score:Yet to give

Academics:
Studied in Techno India. CGPA 9.04
10th : 89.8 %
12th: 92.5%

I am a 27 year old female working as a Team Lead in at Accenture, previously employed with a BIG 4 (PwC) for 4 years and 8 months,post which had a short stint with JK group.
Will have 6 years 7 months of work experience by March, 2021 with 14 months of international onsite experience (Middle East).

Received PwC award in 2017.
Certified Microsoft Professional with a certification in Microsoft D365 Operations, Azure fundamentals and Microsoft dynamics 365 fundamentals.

Highlights of my professional career:-

➢ Became a team lead in 5 years.
➢ Engaged in End - to -End implementations of ERP - Analysis and Requirement Gathering, GAP fitment, Functional Design and testing, Configuration.
➢ Client Environment spanning a diverse range of industries – Oil and Gas, Retail, Publishing, Tea packaging, Fleet management, Advanced warehousing.
➢ Broad geographic exposure under Offshore- Onshore execution model spanning UK, USA,Canada, Oman, South Africa and India.
➢ Responsible for stakeholder management and change user management for most of the clients.
International on site experience of 14 months in Middle East.
➢ Independently handled third party IT vendors of the client.
➢ Promoted four times in the last 5 years. (Trainee --> Analyst --> Consultant --> Project Lead --> Team Lead).
➢ Currently working as a team lead - project tracking, team management, responsible for end deliveries to the client.
➢ Involved in recruiting fresh talent in the organization.
➢ Involved in business development activities.

Please advise on what should be my target GMAT score.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Hello,

Kindly evaluate my profile. Submitted my application for R3. Waiting for interview call.

Class X: 9/10 CBSE
Class XII: 79.4% CBSE
UG - Btech Mechanical, Symbiosis Institute of Tech. Pune - CGPA 3.47/4.00
GMAT - 710 Q49 V37 IR5 AWA5
Work-ex - 3 years 10 months by March 2020

College Activities:
1) SAE SUPRA 2014 (Racecar competition) - Head of Vehicle design - Led a team of designers to design a complete racecar.
Represented team for the design round and cleared it in first attempt.
2) SAE SUPRA 2015 (Racecar competition) - Head of Vehicle design - Led a team of designers to design a complete racecar.
Represented team for the design round and cleared it. Improved the college rank massively - 14/176 colleges. Top 20 teams get privileges during vehicle build. Learnt from previous year. Improved design and pushed the use of light weight materials
3) Published a research paper in an international journal on AI usage in swarm robotics and autonomous vehicle (multi-system learning)
4) Entrepreneurship project in final year - Built a business with mere Rs.100 as investment and ran it for 3 days. Ran a successful food product business. A trigger for me to start appreciating the business side of things and pursue an MBA. Also scored highest in batch for this project.

Job:
Currently working at a renowned auto ancillary company as Application engineer.
What is my job ?
Develop product proposals for commercial vehicle customers based on their need and existing product portfolio of company. Take a product and adapt it to customer needs considering technical feasibility, cost, competition and manufacturing feasibility. Its a customer facing job. Managing projects which contribute to Rs.200 crore to the revenue. Carry out cost saving activities with product engineers to increase profits from the products. Resolve key warranty issues in product. Understand the CV market and increase company share of business through competitive proposals.

Achievements:
1) Worked and successful completed entire BSVI transition of our products on key customers - 250 proposals developed and very less time (Time less due to auto market slowdown) - Awarded for this in 2019 during company annual event
2) Added first light weight aluminium product to India portfolio (for a premium project)
3) Developed company's first (globally) electric vehicle project for the LCV segment. Product was launched in Auto Expo 2018 Awarded for this as well in 2018.
4) Exceeded cost saving targets by 60% in 2018
5) Awarded best new employee in 2017 among all new joinees.
6) Working on a new product. Applied for patent (cant disclose).

International exposure - Been abroad on personal trips. Never professionally. But, I am in continuous contact with product teams of USA and Germany (since its a multinational company). For my electric vehicle project, I was in constant discussions with USA, Belgium (EV center of the company) and Thailand teams

Previously worked for 10months in a startup which provided training programs for engineering students. I was in business development. I had to understand customer training needs and develop appropriate training programs for them. Negotiated deals on multiple variables. Enriching experience. Learnt a lot of about handling customer in this job. Also went as a trainer for mechanical engineering programs when there was shortage of trainers (startup thing. need to do multiple activities)

Extra curricular:
Play cricket often.
Joined Toastmasters in early 2019. Was elected as associate treasurer for Jun 2019 to Dec 2019. Managed sponsorship activity for an Toastmasters international event. Collected Rs. 80k as sponsorship. Did not stress much about it in my application since its a pretty new thing

Goal - Join transport network industry as a program manager
Already have - understanding of CV market, product management, and customer management
Need - knowledge of logistics, supply chain and operations through ISB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all!

I am a construction management professional working in the Greater New York City area on multi-million dollar residential projects. I will be moving back to India by the end of June 2020 with a total of 31 months of work experience, all of which was acquired abroad. I will be taking the GMAT in late February and I am aiming for a 720+ score.

My academic background is -

1. BTech Civil Engineering from a top ranked NIT (GPA: 5.94/10.00 - Graduated May 2015)
2. M Engg. Environmental Engineering from Pennsylvania State University (GPA: 3.55/4.00 - Graduated August 2017)

I will be applying to IIM-B and ISB for their respective full-time MBA programs (2021 batch). I am hoping you guys can help me with the following questions that came to my mind -

1. Is a 720+ score along with 31 months of international work-ex enough to compensate for my weak undergrad GPA?
2. Does the Master's degree add anything substantial to my profile?
3. I will be looking for a job in India upon my return in June 2020. Since I am not to keen on staying in the Real Estate industry post-MBA, what kind of job would help me bolster my profile? Should I be looking to join non-profits?
4. When is the earliest I can apply for these B-Schools to be considered for scholarships?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: ISB'22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply to ISB in fall 2020 (for admission in fall 2021). Can you please share your advise on how likely are my admission chances and what are my strengths (so that I hold on to them) and weaknesses (so that I work upon them). Thanks in advance.

GMAT - 750

Graduation - B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, IIT Gandhinagar; CGPA 6.99

International Experience - Research internship at ISCTE Business School (Portugal) in tourism management; research published in the no. 1 tourism management journal

Work Experience -
4 years (at the time of joining in fall 2021) as software test engineer in Capgemini;
rated 'outstanding' in 2 out of 2 performance reviews;
automated tests that reduced execution time by 75% thus enabling faster product go-live;
led testing on the critical admin module as part of the biggest product release (cloud migration), reported 100+ bugs, zero leakage to production.

POR - Sports secretary of the student council; represented a student body of 950+ students

Extra curricular - State level high jump player; Gold medal at the state level in Taekwondo; Institute 'Award for outstanding performance in outdoor sports'

Why MBA -
learn the fundamentals of business for my long term goal of running my own business;
transition to a career in consulting;
build and learn from a network of diverse peers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 434
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Send PM
Hi,

Here is my profile for ISB

10th(ICSE)-78%
12th(CBSE)-66%
Bachelor of Engineering - 8.6(CGPA) in Mechanical Engineering from Deemed University in India
Work Experience - 4.9 years .Working as Data Analyst in TCS in India. Having Experience of leading team of 10 people for more than 2 years. A active member of corporate social responsibility(CSR) and the active member of toastmaster club and other club that are working for NGOs that mainly deal with student education locally. There is regular interaction with client and management people from company and outside but no international exposure yet.
GMAT- Giving in FEB end(First attempt)

Certification credential - I am Charter Financial analyst(CFA) Level 3 Candidate.
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) Certified in Derivative and Market
Certified in Financial Modelling.

Courses for MBA- Finance

Please let me know the expected GMAT score also that i should aim for.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB's YLP programme:

GMAT Score: 710 [Q:49 ; V:38 ; I.R.:8 ; AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Final year of B.A(Hons) Business Economics from University of Delhi (Percentage: 62%)
H.S.C: secured 82.4% from The New Horizon school
S.S.C: secured 76% from Army school, Bengdubi

Work Experience:
Nil

Extra-Curricular:
1.Founder and CEO of KIRA India Esports (currently under incubation phase for angel round) (bootstrapping)
2. Gold medallist of Army golf cup, Jaipur
3. Digital Marketing certification from Google
4. Basic to master in SPSS AMOS from Udemy certification
5. Volunteered for Rainbow Public Welfare Society at Jammu, J&K (an NGO) and taught at Blind School, Served at Old Age homes for 1 year.
6. Contract and Audit Intern at the Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India.
7. Marketing Intern at Ceilings & Co. , Gurgaon
8. My Captain's Entrepreneurship Certification

Good with Statistics, Econometrics and Time Series analysis.

Research Projects (not published) :

1. Influence of Gold Price on various economic indicators (Regression analysis using SPSS)
2. Influence of BSE SENSEX on possible variables (Time Series analysis using Eviews)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Hi,
Could someone please evaluate my profile for ISB.
Gender and Age: M,31
Acads : 10th and 12th - 80% and 75%
BTech - 67% from Jaypee Noida in 2011
GMAT- 680
Work experience: 8.5 years
With Leading IT service company.
Working as Software Quality Lead In Investment Banking domain leading large and complex Trading platform for multiple financial product.
Have lead teams with size 4-5 people.
International experience of 5 years in Singapore and London and still in London.

Reason for MBA:
Looking to move into Leadership roles in IT service based or product based company.
I have gained good experience and knowledge on Banks and its IT systems.
Working with various stakeholders, i have gained both bottom-up and top-down view of software development and its implication in a major bank and corporate. I feel that I am now better placed to lead large projects, client and teams in a more effective way.
Please let me know in case of more queries.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I want to know my chances of getting into ISB YLP

Academic grades: Score in 10th is 88%, 12th std grade= 90%. Graduating from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Bachelors of Business Administration program with a CGPA of 3.8/4. Pursuing CIMA UK.

Internship experience: Data Analyst at a quick-service restaurant. 2 months internship at PWC.

Achievements: Winner of State level table tennis tournament and secured All India Rank 1 in multiple CIMA exams.

Extra-curriculars: One year experience at an NGO. Member of Entrepreneurship Cell of my college and AISEC club

Certification course: Financial Market from Yale University via Coursera. Stock trading Workshop at IIT-B. I have completed a couple of more certification courses in other domains.

Expected GMAT score: 710-730 ( Got 710 in first simulated/ mock test)

Please provide me valuable insights into my profile and areas of improvement
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hii

Indian male

Ssc 82%
Hsc 82%
Graduate in IT with 67 %

GMAT Score of 670

Work ex of total 8 years

4 years in startup IT company

4 years in reputed public sector bank

Appeared for civil services examination clearing up to interviews

Handled various portfolios in bank including loans,trade finance,aml,etc

Worked with central agencies like cbi,etc

Decent extra curriculars

Please evaluate

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1606 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Aman1012 wrote:
Hi,

Here is my profile for ISB

10th(ICSE)-78%
12th(CBSE)-66%
Bachelor of Engineering - 8.6(CGPA) in Mechanical Engineering from Deemed University in India
Work Experience - 4.9 years .Working as Data Analyst in TCS in India. Having Experience of leading team of 10 people for more than 2 years. A active member of corporate social responsibility(CSR) and the active member of toastmaster club and other club that are working for NGOs that mainly deal with student education locally. There is regular interaction with client and management people from company and outside but no international exposure yet.
GMAT- Giving in FEB end(First attempt)

Certification credential - I am Charter Financial analyst(CFA) Level 3 Candidate.
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) Certified in Derivative and Market
Certified in Financial Modelling.

Courses for MBA- Finance

Please let me know the expected GMAT score also that i should aim for.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Hi Aman1012,

Aim for a 700+. While the rest of your profile is good, your professional background (TCS) will make you less competitive, and require a decent GMAT score (+ of course a strong app later). Your work in data analysis helps, though, and will help you stand out. As of now, focus on the GMAT, and try and take it by the June-July timeframe, to leave enough time for the app (the R1 deadline this year is expected to be on Sep 15)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  162   163   164   165   166  ...  307