Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Suvek wrote:
Hi Admission consultants,

I am planning for GMAT this year. I had previously attempted GMAT once before and scored 630.

Academics:
10th : 93.45%
12th : 88.83%
Grad : 9.11 / 10 ( Engineering Male )
Work Ex:
Currently working in India as Assistant Manager Service Operations at one of the top electronic product based companies of US. Basic profile information is
1. Technical Support for product service - India, Africa and South America
2. Service Process Improvement - Working with senior management and global team members in improving service delivery
3. Selected as upcoming young leaders -2020 of company - India

Extra - Curriculars

1. Worked as content writer ( Freelancing ) for a technology website
2. Authored many articles for content creation thus driving website engagement for many clients
3. Currently working on pay basis for content creation of articles ranging from medicine to management.
4. Guitar Player since last 4 years

Kindly help in evaluation for realistic chances at ISB !

Regards,
Suvek

Hi Suvek,

I'll need more information on your profile before I can opine.
1. How many years of work-ex?
2. Which college did you graduate from?

However, I do see some strength in your profile:
1. Congruence of good grades throughout helps. Especially with ISB since it's admissions process is a bit inclined towards merits.
2. Intercontinental team experience. Working (even remotely) with cross-cultural team goes a long way.
3. Extracurriculars seems good. But they need to be quantified. For eg, were you writing research article or not? How much viewership of your articles? etc.

For ISB no GMAT score is enough. And for a candidate who belongs to over-represented category of engineering, the higher the GMAT the better. 700 is a bare min, try to get higher. If you'd like to discuss this further, I recommend you fill out this form (https://bit.ly/2kM1MJo) and schedule a call with me.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Send PM
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Originally posted by monk123 on 28 May 2020, 01:50.
Last edited by monk123 on 28 May 2020, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi KaumudiT,

With your age and experience bracket, a one-year program from ISB or other leading B-schools seems like a fantastic choice.
The plus points about your profile beside age/experience bracket is that you are coming from a non-traditional (read non-engineering) background. As B-schools seek to diversify their class profiles in order to provide a holistic experience to participants, your background may boost your chances.
Your scores are, however, rather average as they have not crossed the 80% mark. We would suggest to work on your GMAT and boost it close to 720 or beyond. This can be your short-term goal while you carefully evaluate all aspects to present a holistic profile to the adcoms.

Your extra-curriculars look good. If you have an opportunity to gather extra-curriculars relevant to your post-MBA aspiration, do get that.

Good luck on your journey.

If you need detailed consultation or help with any phase of the journey, do get in touch with us here

Cheers !
Team - TopTier

KaumudiT wrote:
Hi - would really appreciate an analysis of my profile as well. Below is my profile - I am keen to look at marketing and/or strategy studies oriented MBA programmes. Need help with shortlisting colleges - my preference is towards 1 - year programmes like the one at ISB Hyderabad, but open to other programmes too. Thanks!

I am 26 years old female candidate and come from a communication and marketing background with work ex of 4 years. Graduated from University of Delhi with BA Hons in Journalism, where I studied several subjects like political science, economics, international relations, print, radio and TV journalism, and marketing and advertising, besides others.

From there on, got interested in marketing and studied at the Indian Institute of Mass Comm for a PG Diploma in Advertising and PR.

I have 4+ years of work experience, including a currently ongoing 2+ year stint at a leading international airline where I am responsible for consumer marketing portfolio.

Here are my scores:
10th Std - 85.4%
12th Std (Science) - 77%
Graduation - 75.25%
PG Diploma - 72.05%
GMAT (expected, yet to take the exam) - 690-710

I was awarded the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) Award in 2016; and was nominated by my firm for a 30 Under 30 Industry Award. I have worked with a Delhi based NGO working in the space of emotional education of children for about 1-1.5 years. I also have a lot of internships at college level with organizations like Indian Express and BBDO (ad agency). During my graduation and the PG Diploma, I have worked on several live projects like documentary film-making, authoring original dissertations and seminar papers, radio programmes, ad film-making, and an award-winning capstone project for a leading Indian Home Care brand.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi monk123,

Its not clear what is your goal after GMAT. Need the following details :
1. What programs are you targeting?
2. What is your post-MBA goal?
3. Are you drawing any salary in lieu of assistance in family business? You actually need to spend some time here to find how your experience is relevant to your post-MBA aspirations. Being a stock market trader adds no value to your profile unless you have some achievement to show that fits in with your aspirations. Pls find out how it adds value.
4. Extra-curriculars need to bring out whether you made a difference to yourself or somebody in the process. In an age where certification comes free or without much effort, they don't add value unless you can link it to your overall story.

Good luck on your journey. Get in touch with us here for further guidance.

Cheers !
Team - TopTier
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Suvek wrote:
Hi Admission consultants,

I am planning for GMAT this year. I had previously attempted GMAT once before and scored 630.

Academics:
10th : 93.45%
12th : 88.83%
Grad : 9.11 / 10 ( Engineering Male )
Work Ex:
Currently working in India as Assistant Manager Service Operations at one of the top electronic product based companies of US. Basic profile information is
1. Technical Support for product service - India, Africa and South America
2. Service Process Improvement - Working with senior management and global team members in improving service delivery
3. Selected as upcoming young leaders -2020 of company - India

Extra - Curriculars

1. Worked as content writer ( Freelancing ) for a technology website
2. Authored many articles for content creation thus driving website engagement for many clients
3. Currently working on pay basis for content creation of articles ranging from medicine to management.
4. Guitar Player since last 4 years

Kindly help in evaluation for realistic chances at ISB !

Regards,
Suvek

Hi Suvek,

I find the international component of your work impressive. The insights you bring on account of having worked with multinational teams across countries in 3 different continents definitely perks up my interest, and if leveraged well, it can help to differentiate your application amid a highly represented pool. That said, it would be important to show your leadership skills in this multicultural workspace.
The college GPA is good, and now you will need a strong GMAT score to increase your chances. Are you applying elsewhere or is it just ISB?
GMAT Club Bot