Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Re: HELP! How to improve my score from 480 to 700 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Swati, you already have a history of preparation. So, best way would be to do a trial class with few GMAT service providers, to evaluate:

i) Whether you stand to gain anything by attending the classes

ii) How comfortable you are with the class/instructor

Based upon these criteria, you can take a well-informed decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 327
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V21
Send PM
Kudos
Hi swati,

I would recommend you to join GMAT intensive course by CJ and Anish .
I believe you must have gone through all concepts but there is still some lack in concepts ,core skills or approach.
This course focuses on fundamentals and approach.
It will help you identify your weak areas and then you can improvise.
I took this course and have gained a lot, it ‘ll help you as well as.

Shortest way to recover is working with the right approach in the right direction and under the right guidance.

All the best!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
HELP! How to improve my score from 480 to 700 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Swati, it's fine. Now I would recommend you to analyze your mistake and identify your strengths and weakness, from your official mocks, its pretty visible that you have very good quant ( scoring 49 is really very good in official mock ) but I feel and it's my personal opinion, that due to real exam pressure, you could not perform to your full potential in quant whereas your verbal section needs to be improved a lot. this I can understand better because my first GMAT was also the same ( V17 and Q 48 ). Hence you should work on your weaknesses, You can not score well in the verbal section without having good accuracy in SC and RC.

I am currently having verbal classes from EducationAisle. My verbal has been really improved especially SC and RC, though I have taken only 2-3 classes only. hence I would recommend you to go for one of the trial class. Ashish ( Tutor) is best in India for SC and his SC book has been extremely crisp and is available on Amazon / Flipkart. his course has been extremely structured and the questions he provided after class for practice are arranged from easy to hard difficulty.

I have already taken the class with GMAT intensive in past, the thing I did not like about them is that the tutor is not approachable, you will never have the chance to talk to them. You may need to write them an email every time after the class if you have any doubt. Moreover, they Provide only 2 days of RC class throughout their course.

It's my genuine opinion as I have taken one course in the past and current student of Ashish from EducationAisle. You should try taking his mock class for sure. He is not only a very good teacher but he is only one phone call away apart from the classes whenever you have any doubt. He has been a great mentor so far to me.

Whatever classes you took, or any coaching you take, just my advice is that your teacher should be approachable, who can understand your problem and keep guiding you throughout your GMAT journey .

Good Luck with your GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you everyone. Appreciate everyone's inputs and guidance.

PrashantK0099 wrote:
Hi Swati, it's fine. Now I would recommend you to analyze your mistake and identify your strengths and weakness, from your official mocks, its pretty visible that you have very good quant ( scoring 49 is really very good in official mock ) but I feel and it's my personal opinion, that due to real exam pressure, you could not perform to your full potential in quant whereas your verbal section needs to be improved a lot. this I can understand better because my first GMAT was also the same ( V17 and Q 48 ). Hence you should work on your weaknesses, You can not score well in the verbal section without having good accuracy in SC and RC.

I am currently having verbal classes from EducationAisle. My verbal has been really improved especially SC and RC, though I have taken only 2-3 classes only. hence I would recommend you to go for one of the trial class. Ashish ( Tutor) is best in India for SC and his SC book has been extremely crisp and is available on Amazon / Flipkart. his course has been extremely structured and the questions he provided after class for practice are arranged from easy to hard difficulty.

I have already taken the class with GMAT intensive in past, the thing I did not like about them is that the tutor is not approachable, you will never have the chance to talk to them. You may need to write them an email every time after the class if you have any doubt. Moreover, they Provide only 2 days of RC class throughout their course.

It's my genuine opinion as I have taken one course in the past and current student of Ashish from EducationAisle. You should try taking his mock class for sure. He is not only a very good teacher but he is only one phone call away apart from the classes whenever you have any doubt. He has been a great mentor so far to me.

Whatever classes you took, or any coaching you take, just my advice is that your teacher should be approachable, who can understand your problem and keep guiding you throughout your GMAT journey .

Good Luck with your GMAT.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi 10swatimishra,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not turn out better (and the 'delay' that you experienced likely would have impacted most Test-takers). Based on the 'swings' in your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores over your various Exams, it's tough to say what your exact 'ability level' is right now, but with a Score Goal of 700+, you would likely need to commit to at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you will have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied? How many hours did you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) Were these the only 5 CATs/mocks that you took? On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Given Kudos: 296
Send PM
Hi,

I think you have a response from Scott from TTP on my post, by mistake.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/help-how-to- ... fl=similar

You can check it out there.

Good luck with your studies!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot