Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 889 [0]
Given Kudos: 354
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Mock Verbal Tests [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Vidur,

While I understand why you are interested in that type of Verbal practice, taking an individual section of the GMAT - outside of the context of taking the FULL EXAM under realistic Test-like conditions that match-up with how you will take the official GMAT - is NOT a great way to measure your skills (as doing so eliminates many of the factors that can impact your performance on Test Day).

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, but retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion that matches the parameters that you will face when you take the Official GMAT) - so you can use any NEW CATs from any of those sources next.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
vidurchandra wrote:
Hey everyone.

I am looking for mock gmat verbal tests, 36 questions in 65 minutes. My intent is to gauge how I perform in the limitation of time, to practice and seek methods to improve my speed with accuracy.

Can anyone share any relevant sources (preferably free but not necessarily) that I can use?

Thank you.
Vidur

Hi Vidur,

Before diving into taking timed quizzes, it's important to learn the right methodology and practice a few questions to solidify that methodology. And while learning the methodology, you don't have to worry about time. The focus should be on getting the process right. Once you are confident about the methodology, you can start taking timed quizzes to get used to solving under timed constraint.

Having said that, we can get in touch over a zoom call and solve a few questions together. This will help me understand your approach towards solving questions and identify the flaw if there's any. Based on that, we can decide whether you are ready to take timed quizzes or need to work more on the methodology. Because without learning the methodology, there's no point moving forward. So, if you wish to get in touch, you can use the below link to schedule a call.

Click here to schedule a call
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 396 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.15
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
You can the Egmat course. They have good verbal mocks.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Would you also like some general advice on how to improve your GMAT verbal skills?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Mock Verbal Tests [#permalink]
vidurchandra wrote:
Hey everyone.

I am looking for mock gmat verbal tests, 36 questions in 65 minutes. My intent is to gauge how I perform in the limitation of time, to practice and seek methods to improve my speed with accuracy.

Can anyone share any relevant sources (preferably free but not necessarily) that I can use?

Thank you.
Vidur

Hi Vidur,

I can totally connect with you. My first Verbal score was 27 and then I was confident about my conceptual knowledge. But little I did know about the strategies used to solve verbal questions. I started approaching questions in a different way and I started seeing the results. In fact, I have made a couple of debriefs of my journey. You can go through them to know a few tips and how differently I approached my prep.

Debrief of my journey from 570 to 720

https://gmatclub.com/forum/my-journey-f ... l#p2648110

Scoring a perfect CR 51 ( 97 percentile ) from being an amateur in CR

https://gmatclub.com/forum/scoring-a-pe ... l#p2526853

Do not just focus on practicing questions. Instead, I would suggest you to focus on the process, choose a good resource, learn the right strategies and then practice questions. I personally used GMATWhiz online course. All the best :)
GMAT Club Bot
Mock Verbal Tests [#permalink]