Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ESMT Berlin School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3968 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: (A$)
GMAT 1: 560 Q38 V29
Send PM
Re: Offer Letter [#permalink]
I got my offer letter together with the answer that I was accepted. My interview was at Feb. 9, and I got the answer and offer letter at Feb. 19.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
jemy wrote:
Hi,
I am from India I had my interview on 18th FEB 2021 and I got selected for the MBA program in HHL. Mr. Vivek told me you will get the offer letter very soon, Till now I didn't receive any offer letter, anyone else out there who is done with interview and waiting for the offer letter, any idea how many days it will take to send the offer letter?

jemy

Did you get the email confirmation about your admission or you got an update on the application portal? If you have either of those, I wouldn't hurry them to send an offer letter :) But you can gently remind them about it in a week or so if you have some deadlines coming up at other schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikhil Thank you for the suggestion, I got my offer letter today its a very long contract though,I got a scholarship of 5000 Euro,but Mr.Vivek told me he will give me 20% scholarship, Should I drop a mail regarding this issue to Mr.Vivek?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
jemy wrote:
Nikhil Thank you for the suggestion, I got my offer letter today its a very long contract though,I got a scholarship of 5000 Euro,but Mr.Vivek told me he will give me 20% scholarship, Should I drop a mail regarding this issue to Mr.Vivek?

jemy

Yes. I think you should double-check with Vivek to make sure there was no mistake :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikhil ,DO you have any knowledge about the cost of living in Leipzig I mean how much i have to spend approximately in 1 month including everything if I want to live in single room alone or sharing room?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
jemy wrote:
Nikhil ,DO you have any knowledge about the cost of living in Leipzig I mean how much i have to spend approximately in 1 month including everything if I want to live in single room alone or sharing room?

jemy

I have no idea. I guess current students at the school would be better for this information.

yashikaaggarwal Do you know about the cost of living in Leipzig?
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [1]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Nikhil wrote:
jemy wrote:

jemy

I have no idea. I guess current students at the school would be better for this information.

yashikaaggarwal Do you know about the cost of living in Leipzig?

Well, Leipzig is not among 'most expensive city index'. So, we can say it's Cost of living (including rent) is quite friendly in respect to that of frankfurt, Munich, Berlin, Bonn or some other main German city.
Plus, the living cost differ for a student getting accomodation within campus and for someone seeking accomodation outside campus. So one can take around a 1100€ give and take, given the cost of living in Berlin is around 1800€ approx.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
yashikaaggarwal thanks a lot.And what about the Internship scenario there in Leipzig I mean is it more opportunity there for internship or part time job
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
jemy wrote:
yashikaaggarwal thanks a lot.And what about the Internship scenario there in Leipzig I mean is it more opportunity there for internship or part time job

It's upon person to person. But having German connection will help you. Plus, make sure to get hold onto German language. You will be needing it, even if not for job, an additional language will always be an added advantage.

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [2]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
jemy .. You can search for some apartments in the Leipzig area on google. I think you will find something good around Euro 500 (shared or studio). Leipzig is not a big city. Meals costs should range from 200 to 300 in normal circumstances. Take Euro 110 for health insurance. Take Euro 100 as a buffer and mobile number. If I remember well, you might get a traveling pass for the entire state.
As HHL's program is a bit longer as compared to other programs in Germany, you will have enough time to focus on German language skills. Minimum recommended language is B1. If you go to B2 or above, it will be great. Remember one thing - German-speaking and understanding skills are required, and not the Certificates. From my friends, I came to know about people having B2/C1 certificates but cannot carry a normal conversation. Therefore, the focus should be on language skills. You might find an internship offer without German in Berlin depending upon the industry you are going to work in.

I wish you all the best for your journey :)
jemy wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Leadership Thank you so much, can i get part time job in Leipzig city easily? I mean the opportunity for the part time job
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,
I am not aware of that area. However, you should find a job.
jemy wrote:
Leadership Thank you so much, can i get part time job in Leipzig city easily? I mean the opportunity for the part time job

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived WHU MBA Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our WHU MBA Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated WHU MBA Forum for all fresh things related to the WHU MBA MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts