Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: RetaketheGMAT by i4Excellence
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Issue-GMAT exam at test center wearing mask for people with specs [#permalink]
I have gmat next month and I'm very much worried about the fog issue in glasses while wearing mask. Is it allowed to put it under the nose during test?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Issue-GMAT exam at test center wearing mask for people with specs [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Jks3000 wrote:
I have gmat next month and I'm very much worried about the fog issue in glasses while wearing mask. Is it allowed to put it under the nose during test?

Hi Jks3000,

There should be no fogging if you're wearing your mask correctly (tight fit).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
Jks3000 wrote:

Hi Jks3000,

There should be no fogging if you're wearing your mask correctly (tight fit).

Thanks I'll try.... And what about gloves. Is it mandatory to wear gloves in India.?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jks3000 wrote:
Thanks I'll try.... And what about gloves. Is it mandatory to wear gloves in India.?

Not to the best of my knowledge. Did you read something like this in a debrief?

As for your other question, test center staff don't always enforce that rule, but you should try taking a few practice tests with a mask on, just so that you are prepared (and to do your bit to limit the spread of the virus :)).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 366 [0]
Given Kudos: 748
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Send PM
Jks3000 wrote:

You will need to do some trial and error - find a mask that seals well and does not fog, or find a way of wearing the mask that avoids fogging.
A method that works for me is to bandaid over the top edge of the mask. Means, create a seal on the upper border of the mask below your eyes. If the warm air you breathe out cannot escape from below your glasses, the fogging will not happen. Apparently this is a method that surgeons use.
The only problem with this method is that it takes a few minutes to put on the mask

Of course, it's really important that you take all your practice tests with the mask on, in an air-conditioned room
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Issue-GMAT exam at test center wearing mask for people with specs [#permalink]
Glasses fog up because warm moisture from breaths gets on the lenses. There are masks available with sealing strips at the top where the mask sits high on the nose. The mask should be worn to completely cover the mouth and the nose. You will still be able to breathe through the mask. This is a cheaper solution to buying new glasses.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Quote:
Note :- Candidates visiting Pearson Test Center for the exams should have mandatory Covid-19 test report either “Rapid Antigen” test report or “RT-PCR” report conducted within 48 Hrs.

Is this true for India ??? Can anyone pls confirm!!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
CircuitBHAI wrote:
Quote:
Note :- Candidates visiting Pearson Test Center for the exams should have mandatory Covid-19 test report either “Rapid Antigen” test report or “RT-PCR” report conducted within 48 Hrs.

Where did this come from?

Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [1]
Given Kudos: 1510
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
CircuitBHAI wrote:
Quote:

No dude, there is no such thing.
You can go there without any such reports, they will check the vitals needed to them, for you to enter into the main exam room.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
CircuitBHAI wrote:
Quote:

You can go there without any such reports, they will check the vitals needed to them, for you to enter into the main exam room.

Where is this coming from? Nothing like this has been announced in any country. It would be crazy to require this esp within 48 hours. It is not true and is a gossip that should not be repeated. (Many labs are not able to turn the results around in 48 hrs. This would not be possible in many places including the US.)
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
CircuitBHAI wrote:

Where is this coming from? Nothing like this has been announced in any country. It would be crazy to require this esp within 48 hours. It is not true and is a gossip that should not be repeated. (Many labs are not able to turn the results around in 48 hrs. This would not be possible in many places including the US.)

I guess we should post this in GMAT online Exam forum too. There will be a hype among test takers for no reason if they are believing such idiocy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:

Dear bb , This is not a gossip. This NOTE is written at the end of email that i recieved from pearson-vue regarding appointment confirmation. Pls see the screenshot below. This note was written below the address of test center. I have emailed about the same to pearson APAC helpline email.

Originally posted by CircuitBHAI on 03 Mar 2021, 19:28.
Last edited by CircuitBHAI on 05 Mar 2021, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
That looks pretty legit. I take my words back 😬But it is absolutely crazy! Can you even get a test that fast and why???

Seems very odd. Will check with GMAC and Pearson to see if they can confirm/comment.

Thx!

CircuitBHAI wrote:
bb wrote:

Dear bb , This is not a gossip. This NOTE is written at the end of email that i recieved from pearson-vue regarding appointment confirmation. Pls see the screenshot below. This note was written below the address of test center. I have emailed about the same to pearson APAC helpline email.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
FYI. I am not seeing anything like that on this page: https://india.pearsonvue.com/Standalone ... pdate.aspx

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
I guess we should post this in GMAT online Exam forum too. There will be a hype among test takers for no reason if they are believing such idiocy .

yashikaaggarwal

idiocy ??? Really??? Did i say that it is true & i have been asked to produce ??? NO!! I just posted a querry/issue/doubt/confusion etc. but How can you label it a idiocy . If it is not true, just say that part. What kind of moderator are you ? Moderator who insult any doubt posted on this forum !!!!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
[
No offense, but the policy is idiotic. Nobody called you anything bad. Don’t take it personally. It is stupid. So far this seems like a small idiotic note at the bottom of an email you received... There’s nothing official about it yet.

PS. You could have been more forthcoming with information. But you chose to withhold it. Why?

Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CircuitBHAI wrote:
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
I guess we should post this in GMAT online Exam forum too. There will be a hype among test takers for no reason if they are believing such idiocy .

yashikaaggarwal

idiocy ??? Really??? Did i say that it is true & i have been asked to produce ??? NO!! I just posted a querry/issue/doubt/confusion etc. but How can you label it a idiocy . If it is not true, just say that part. What kind of moderator are you ? Moderator who insult any doubt posted on this forum !!!!

Chill dude, I call the rumor idiocy not attached any human name with it. I just cleared your doubt, that you don't need any such reports.
P.S. the time I came across this information it was not tagged with an official mail or something, to be categorized as information. So being a rational human, I said what I experienced during my exam.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2