Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:04 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1808 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1808 [1]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Issue-GMAT exam at test center wearing mask for people with specs [#permalink]
Kudos
CircuitBHAI wrote:
Let us not draw any generalization here. It maybe for that particular state where test center is located.

It is possible that this test center is enforcing its own rules. Pearson test centers follow Pearson test rules. However, please note that independent test centers who are contracted by Pearson may be adding their own rules. Not sure if these would be allowed by regional laws.

In any case, the test center should clearly announce their policy on this before registration and not communicate in fine letters in a later confirmation email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
We understand your concern, however, you must the guidelines mentioned by the test centers as they are specific requirements according to the situation.

I got this reply from Pearson. (See quote above).

I believe this is only for test centre in "Uttrakhand" State of India because I talked to other people who gave test in "Delhi" and no such report was asked there. I believe that Gmac should notify in advance about any specific requirement of a test center.

There is rapid antigen test for Covid whose report can be generated within 3 hours. It costly though (₹1,000) .
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Issue-GMAT exam at test center wearing mask for people with specs [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I have not heard back anything official from GMAC or Pearson :cry:
But this may indeed be a local center rules that are specific to this geography. Thanks again for bringing it up and researching! :thumbsup:

CircuitBHAI wrote:
Quote:
We understand your concern, however, you must the guidelines mentioned by the test centers as they are specific requirements according to the situation.

I got this reply from Pearson. (See quote above).

I believe this is only for test centre in "Uttrakhand" State of India because I talked to other people who gave test in "Delhi" and no such report was asked there. I believe that Gmac should notify in advance about any specific requirement of a test center.

There is rapid antigen test for Covid whose report can be generated within 3 hours. It costly though (₹1,000) .
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Issue-GMAT exam at test center wearing mask for people with specs [#permalink]
CircuitBHAI wrote:
bb wrote:

Where is this coming from? Nothing like this has been announced in any country. It would be crazy to require this esp within 48 hours. It is not true and is a gossip that should not be repeated. (Many labs are not able to turn the results around in 48 hrs. This would not be possible in many places including the US.)

Dear bb , This is not a gossip. This NOTE is written at the end of email that i recieved from pearson-vue regarding appointment confirmation. Pls see the screenshot below. This note was written below the address of test center. I have emailed about the same to pearson APAC helpline email.

This is crazy...I hope students don't resort to obtaining a report at "any cost"
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I agree. I personally would not even look at the bottom of my confirmation email. It’s good that you did. Hopefully this attention translates to great GMAT score as well.

Hovkial wrote:
CircuitBHAI wrote:
Let us not draw any generalization here. It maybe for that particular state where test center is located.

It is possible that this test center is enforcing its own rules. Pearson test centers follow Pearson test rules. However, please note that independent test centers who are contracted by Pearson may be adding their own rules. Not sure if these would be allowed by regional laws.

In any case, the test center should clearly announce their policy on this before registration and not communicate in fine letters in a later confirmation email.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4659 [2]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
CircuitBHAI wrote:

Thank you for pointing this out.

I have checked with other test takers (other regions), and can confirm that their confirmation emails do not mention any such requirement, so it is most likely something that specific center has asked for. Definitely an unreasonable ask, and hopefully not something that they'll enforce. Have you tried getting in touch with the test center?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Done with Gmat today., Blooody Hell!! 2 days before my GMAT I ran hospital to hospital to get covid report within time and yet No one asked for it at test center. Why did the write it then to bring covid report !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Scored 730 - V39/Q50/IR8 ,

Not happy with my performance this was my 2nd attempt. (In 1st attempt i scored 700 ). :( :( :( :(

My profile is not that good. Did my bachelors in engineering from Tier 2 Public University. And now working in IT sector. Plus I am a MALE. Full over-represented pool.
ISB is the only school i want to apply to, but i dont know it i can make it now!! Can anyone give some much-needed advice to me what should i do!!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4659 [1]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
CircuitBHAI wrote:
Done with Gmat today., Blooody Hell!! 2 days before my GMAT I ran hospital to hospital to get covid report within time and yet No one asked for it at test center. Why did the write it then to bring covid report !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not happy with my performance this was my 2nd attempt. (In 1st attempt i scored 700 ). :( :( :( :(

My profile is not that good. Did my bachelors in engineering from Tier 2 Public University. And now working in IT sector. Plus I am a MALE. Full over-represented pool.
ISB is the only school i want to apply to, but i dont know it i can make it now!! Can anyone give some much-needed advice to me what should i do!!!

Hi CircuitBHAI,

That's a great score, and it puts you in a great position as far as applying to ISB is concerned. Congrats, and all the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks AjiteshArun!!

Finally my Exam hangover is over now.. And i realised its not a bad score...

If some moderator is reading this please convey my thanks to generis and Sajjad1994 . They have helped me a lot in my preparation. RC bultler by Sajjad and SC butler explanations by generis were soo amazing and deep. I learned a lot through their posts/explanation. I even remember spending half hour on each explanation of generis because they were so long and usually have 2-3 similar questions links. It helped a lot.

Thank you generis & Sajjad1994

BTW. My actual profile is Jks3000 . I was on top 3 in winning team of HOT 2020. Thanks bb for such competition, I won free online course. I have to make this another account because in last on month I wanted fresh error log of only official questions,but no master reset button was present.

Anyways, All's Well That Ends Well
Cheers !!!
:D :D

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great score!!! Congratulations and sorry about the hassle. You did great despite that.

CircuitBHAI wrote:

GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33022 [0]
Given Kudos: 5781
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
CircuitBHAI wrote:
Thanks AjiteshArun!!

Finally my Exam hangover is over now.. And i realised its not a bad score...

If some moderator is reading this please convey my thanks to generis and Sajjad1994 . They have helped me a lot in my preparation. RC bultler by Sajjad and SC butler explanations by generis were soo amazing and deep. I learned a lot through their posts/explanation. I even remember spending half hour on each explanation of generis because they were so long and usually have 2-3 similar questions links. It helped a lot.

Thank you generis & Sajjad1994

BTW. My actual profile is Jks3000 . I was on top 3 in winning team of HOT 2020. Thanks bb for such competition, I won free online course. I have to make this another account because in last on month I wanted fresh error log of only official questions,but no master reset button was present.

Anyways, All's Well That Ends Well
Cheers !!!
:D :D

Congratulation on your great score, it is always enjoyable to read such comments.

Wish you best of luck on all of your future plans.

Regards
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 811
GMAT 1: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 2: 600 Q46 V27
GMAT 3: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey, I have scheduled my exam at test center on 14th August. I have all the symptoms of Covid-19. And I will go for covid test tomorrow. The test result will be given within 3 to 5 days. My question is if I get covid positive, can I reschedule my exam? If I reschedule, do I have to pay additional fee to GMAC?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2