Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13391 [1]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: I feel I didn't get a fair chance!! [#permalink]
GMATinsight wrote:
It's ok... Just gather everything again and give yourself another chance...

Move on... :)

I'm thinking about it. I definitely want some closure. I don't want to think all my life I could have done better. Thankyou
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
Sorry to hear about the experience. Things are not smooth these days and it’s hard to pinpoint the boy him. However, when it’s all compounded, all these little things that usually would not be a big issue, they do become a big issue together. Someone waking you up in the morning, a bus that is late, a check in the takes forever, rescheduling that is not smooth, etc.

I don’t think you can blame her fault GMAC per say. Everyone’s doing what they can. I think you definitely can do better and my suggestion is to take the lessons learned and knock it out of the park.

Posted from my mobile device

I know it's not right to blame but I would have appreciated if they were straightforward. There was no reason to tell me they would convert to online and not respond later. I would have been better prepared.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ZulfiquarA,

I'm really sorry to hear about all of the issues that you faced leading up to (and including) Test Day. That must have been an incredibly frustrating overall experience, so I completely understand how unhappy you are about the entire situation. That having been said, you shouldn't give up on any of your big-picture plans just yet. The GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam - and you've learned enough from this one experience to know that you should plan differently for your next attempt. In the short term, I suggest that you take a little 'time off' to clear your head. The GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so it will be waiting when you're ready to restart your studies.

While all of the various issues and distractions that you faced certainly would have impacted your performance on the Official GMAT, we have to be careful about assuming that those were the only factors. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, it would also help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals. I want to reiterate that you don't have to answer these questions right away (you can take that time-off and then come back to all of this later on).

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What "brands" of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I feel I didn't get a fair chance!! [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ZulfiquarA,

I'm really sorry to hear about all of the issues that you faced leading up to (and including) Test Day. That must have been an incredibly frustrating overall experience, so I completely understand how unhappy you are about the entire situation. That having been said, you shouldn't give up on any of your big-picture plans just yet. The GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam - and you've learned enough from this one experience to know that you should plan differently for your next attempt. In the short term, I suggest that you take a little 'time off' to clear your head. The GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so it will be waiting when you're ready to restart your studies.

While all of the various issues and distractions that you faced certainly would have impacted your performance on the Official GMAT, we have to be careful about assuming that those were the only factors. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, it would also help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals. I want to reiterate that you don't have to answer these questions right away (you can take that time-off and then come back to all of this later on).

Studies:
1) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What "brands" of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Hello Rich,

Thankyou for understanding my case. I have also thought this through whether I have been putting too much emphasis on lack of sleep for my low score but I can't find any other factor for such major discrepancy. I took 3 days off and have started studying/practicing again for my second attempt.
I am sharing the information you have asked for below:-

Studies:-
1) I studied for around 3 and a half month before taking the test. This includes studying the content, practicing the questions and taking the mock tests. As for week, I would have studied for around 14 hours and over. I put in around 2-3 hours daily on average.

2) For most part I used only the GMAT OG guides. I picked up the Manhattan guides in the final week after knowing they include tips and properties I didn't know earlier. I already knew some of the tips they mentioned through self analysis of my studying but I was completely oblivion of the number properties such as consecutive numbers and divisibility. Brands of Mock tests were Manhattan, Veritas Prep, GMAT prep kit.

3) Manhattan Mock test on 1st January- 450 (Q34-V18)
Veritas Mock 1 on 10th April- 540 (Q40-V25)
Veritas Mock 2 on 15th April- 590 (Q43-V28)
GMAT Prep 1 on 21st April- 620 (Q45-V30)
GMAT Prep 2 on 26th April- 440 (Q43-V11). I guessed all the questions on Verbal as I had to travel to the city for COVID test.
Real GMAT Score on 29th April- 370 (Q32-V11)

Goals:-

4) My score was between 600-650 which I was very confident to achieve.

5) I was planning to apply in September-October when applications are open for the 2022 session. The school I was planning to apply was "Vienna University of Economics and business". Coming from a Graphic background I was very interested in their MSc in Strategy and Innovation Programme plus it is overall an ideal choice.

Thankyou.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi ZulfiquarA,

I understand how you feel. Trust me, a lot of people have gone through such frustration. I can imagine all the sacrifice and only for it to go down that way. You will have to pick it up again and forget all these happened. I believe you can do it again. My first GMAT experience wasn't good at all, but I picked up the lessons. You make another plans and ensure your date this time is far ahead, so that even if there is any unknown circumstance, you can adjust easily.

Cheers.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sammysat wrote:
Hi ZulfiquarA,

I understand how you feel. Trust me, a lot of people have gone through such frustration. I can imagine all the sacrifice and only for it to go down that way. You will have to pick it up again and forget all these happened. I believe you can do it again. My first GMAT experience wasn't good at all, but I picked up the lessons. You make another plans and ensure your date this time is far ahead, so that even if there is any unknown circumstance, you can adjust easily.

Cheers.

Thankyou for your kind words. I will definitely get the score I deserve.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ZulfiquarA,

I've sent you a PM with some additional questions.

Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22056 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ZulfiquarA,

I'm sorry to hear about how things went with your GMAT. Would you like some advice regarding how to move forward with your studies?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi ZulfiquarA,

I'm sorry to hear about how things went with your GMAT. Would you like some advice regarding how to move forward with your studies?

Hello,

Sure, after being active here I have come to know a lot of things I was lacking earlier. I would love to get advice from you. Thankyou
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts