Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:35 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [36]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT Focus 1:
795 Q89 V90 DI90
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [4]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [6]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [3]
GMAT Focus 1:
795 Q89 V90 DI90
Send PM
Re: 795 GMAT Focus Debrief on my First Attempt (90V, 90DI, 89Q) [#permalink]
Kudos
I had a 685 baseline when I started my studies this year. ­I am currently a working professional with experience in both consulting and finance.

Thanks for the kind words bb, this website is incredibly helpful to all GMAT test takers!­
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63683 [3]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Oh wow, this is amazing! With all due respect to the creators of your study materials, you have to be off-the-charts brilliant to get a score like this, and I'm not sure that TTP (no offense, friends!) or GMAT Ninja (you guys suck anyway... oh, wait) deserve much credit at all. ;)

Seriously: congratulations on the absolutely incredible performance. Enjoy the application process, and please let us know where you land in the end! Somewhere great, I'm sure.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4656 [3]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GMAT_Experience wrote:
I took the GMAT Focus for the very first time at a test center on March 25th, 2024.

After 3 on and off months of studying in Winter 2023 and 3 months of intense preparation while working FT this year, I’m excited to wrap up my GMAT studies on a positive note.

For prep, I used OG material, TTP for quant and data insights, and GMAT Ninja’s videos and study plan for verbal.

I’m extremely grateful to have scored a 795 - endlessly appreciative to this forum, TTP, GMAT Ninja, and all my family and friends for supporting me throughout this journey. Now, I want to do my part and give back to the community. Wishing all of you the best in your GMAT endeavors!­

­Hi GMAT_Experience,

That's the highest score I've seen on the new GMAT! Well done, and all the best for the application process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Kudos
Woah!! Great going GMAT_Experience , seems this is the highest verified GFE score yet!­
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
arinamdar wrote:
Woah!! Great going GMAT_Experience , seems this is the highest verified GFE score yet!­

Good point!
I think you may be right. That’s the highest I have seen. 😱

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [4]
GMAT Focus 1:
795 Q89 V90 DI90
Send PM
Kudos

GMATNinja wrote:
Oh wow, this is amazing! With all due respect to the creators of your study materials, you have to be off-the-charts brilliant to get a score like this, and I'm not sure that TTP (no offense, friends!) or GMAT Ninja (you guys suck anyway... oh, wait) deserve much credit at all. ;)

Seriously: congratulations on the absolutely incredible performance. Enjoy the application process, and please let us know where you land in the end! Somewhere great, I'm sure.

­Charles, this means the world to me! You're being too generous - I could not have reached my score goal without the copious amounts of incredible, no-cost instruction you've made available to everyone. You have elevated the verbal chops of thousands of GMAT test takers with the most comprehensive, nuanced, yet lucid explanations I've ever encountered. 

Currently, I have around 1 year of work experience; I'm likely to apply for the 2-year MBA class of 2028 or 2029. Thanks again for the well wishes!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [5]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Bunuel, is that you?! Jokes apart. Crazy score dude. Wish you best for the applications!!
Tutor
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 860 [2]
Given Kudos: 198
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
GMAT 5: 780 Q51 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
­@GMAT_Experience Wow, congrats, amazing work!!

Best wishes on your applications, you're obviously in a great spot, and smart to get the GMAT done and out of the way early!

­
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GMAT_Experience wrote:
GMATNinja wrote:

­Charles, this means the world to me! You're being too generous - I could not have reached my score goal without the copious amounts of incredible, no-cost instruction you've made available to everyone. You have elevated the verbal chops of thousands of GMAT test takers with the most comprehensive, nuanced, yet lucid explanations I've ever encountered. 

Currently, I have around 1 year of work experience; I'm likely to apply for the 2-year MBA class of 2028 or 2029. Thanks again for the well wishes!

­
Well, it is good you are not applying this year and not making us look bad 😂
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [2]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Kudos
GMAT_Experience wrote:
I took the GMAT Focus for the very first time at a test center on March 25th, 2024.

After 3 on and off months of studying in Winter 2023 and 3 months of intense preparation while working FT this year, I’m excited to wrap up my GMAT studies on a positive note.

For prep, I used OG material, TTP for quant and data insights, and GMAT Ninja’s videos and study plan for verbal.

I’m extremely grateful to have scored a 795 - endlessly appreciative to this forum, TTP, GMAT Ninja, and all my family and friends for supporting me throughout this journey. Now, I want to do my part and give back to the community. Wishing all of you the best in your GMAT endeavors!­

­Wow !!  Congratulations for the amazing score.

Would you like to give some insights on how did you approach DI ?

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [3]
Given Kudos: 243
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos
You sir have achieved perfection, congratulations.

Can you tell us a bit about your background and how difficult or easy you found the GMAT when you started your prep?­

Also, did you answer any question wrong?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 430 [2]
Given Kudos: 1187
Concentration: General Management, Economics
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Kudos
GMAT_Experience wrote:

­Congratulation! on such a great success. Can you please shed some light by posting a detailed debrief in which order you gave the test and how you tackled each ques in the test, especially in the Quant and Data Insights section? It would be great if you could share some tips with students like me who want to ace this test.

Thank you!
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31991 [2]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GMAT_Experience wrote:

­Congratulations on a great score !!
I am sure you would have missed out on just one question in Q. 
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [2]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
One question away from absolute perfection! Great work and thanks for verifying.

Please enlighten us on your chosen section order, if you don't mind.

Also, did you utilize the question review and edit feature? Thanks.­
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
795 Q89 V90 DI90
Send PM
Kudos
Iwillget770 wrote:
GMAT_Experience wrote:

­Wow !!  Congratulations for the amazing score.

Would you like to give some insights on how did you approach DI ?

Regards

­Learning how to quickly decipher important information from a graph/table in non-testing environments. For specific test prep, I did every DI question from official GMAT sources and utilized TTP
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
795 Q89 V90 DI90
Send PM
Kudos
poojaarora1818 wrote:
GMAT_Experience wrote:

­Congratulation! on such a great success. Can you please shed some light by posting a detailed debrief in which order you gave the test and how you tackled each ques in the test, especially in the Quant and Data Insights section? It would be great if you could share some tips with students like me who want to ace this test.

Thank you!

My test order was Verbal, Quant, and Data Insights.

My biggest tip would be to have confidence in yourself! You've already done all the hard work with your comprehensive preparation, so make sure you're mentally ready on test day.­ For Q and DI specifically, I'd advise students to practice question sets with varying subjects together.

Originally posted by GMAT_Experience on 29 Mar 2024, 11:13.
Last edited by GMAT_Experience on 29 Mar 2024, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
795 Q89 V90 DI90
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring wrote:
One question away from absolute perfection! Great work and thanks for verifying.

Please enlighten us on your chosen section order, if you don't mind.

Also, did you utilize the question review and edit feature? Thanks.­

I did utilize the question review/edit feature. I reviewed 1 verbal, all 21 quant, and 2 data questions, but did not change any responses. Maybe I should have for Quant :)­
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts