Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 12:03 It is currently 08 May 2024, 12:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants [#permalink]
dosa_don wrote:
Congrats mneo!!! So, is it on-campus or alum for you?

I took the 16th Feb on campus slot. prasad, you are also going on 16th, right? This time let's make sure that we meet up. Anyone else for 16th?

gregspirited wrote:
I was wondering about the approximate date on which your application went complete. Just curious. Mine went complete on 23rd. Resteless to see if anyone is sailing in the same boat as me without an interview due to date on which the app went complete.

greg, based on the details that rhyme had posted a few pages back, I think that it is almost impossible to find a pattern between when you get an interview call and your application submission date / your location / your job-type / your chances of admission. Thanks to rhyme for that .. because I was also getting restless and disappointed by that time. My suggestion to you (As someone who was in similar situation till yesterday) is to just wait for your turn .. it will definitely come. All the best!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1577 [0]
Send PM
Greg, I agree with Neo -- impossible to know.
You and I are in the same boat though. No interview + went complete real late (Jan 25th).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mNeo wrote:
dosa_don wrote:

I took the 16th Feb on campus slot. prasad, you are also going on 16th, right? This time let's make sure that we meet up. Anyone else for 16th?

gregspirited wrote:
I was wondering about the approximate date on which your application went complete. Just curious. Mine went complete on 23rd. Resteless to see if anyone is sailing in the same boat as me without an interview due to date on which the app went complete.

greg, based on the details that rhyme had posted a few pages back, I think that it is almost impossible to find a pattern between when you get an interview call and your application submission date / your location / your job-type / your chances of admission. Thanks to rhyme for that .. because I was also getting restless and disappointed by that time. My suggestion to you (As someone who was in similar situation till yesterday) is to just wait for your turn .. it will definitely come. All the best!

Thanks mNeo. BTW congrats on your interview. Go mNeo !!! I did see rhyme's post about the order of interview. My brain accepts that explanation but my heart says otherwise :cry: Well patience is all I can depend upon from now on.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Well I went complete on the 11th and have not heard back from them...and am counting on the fact that interview invite has nothing to do with complete day :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
bkk145 wrote:
Greg, I agree with Neo -- impossible to know.
You and I are in the same boat though. No interview + went complete real late (Jan 25th).

Mine went complete on Jan 26th. Of course i havent heard anything from them yet. Its tough to see everyone get invites while you wait for yours. I am with you. Just devise any theory that helps you sleep well. So far my theory that since my app went complete late, i wont hear from them until Feb 15 is helping.
Current Student
Send PM
Dosa, dude, you have Ross and Columbia (almost) in your pocket. You don't have the right to be the one worrying.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
:) I agree to some extent. But my wife loves Chicago the city. Also, CBS is nowhere close to being in my pocket :). Looks like I might hear back from them only next week and there are a TON of people waiting (and even more after tomorrow's super saturday). So, I would say my chances at CBS are minimal :)

mNeo wrote:
Dosa, dude, you have Ross and Columbia (almost) in your pocket. You don't have the right to be the one worrying.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. This is the only tight-knit forum I have ever visited. The place where everyone wishes success for others and at the same time trying to get ahead in life with much needed humility. Also I think even B-schools students won't have such a great teamwork as we do have here. I'm pretty sure for lot of folks who are deeply involved in this club, it is more than a club to share each other's intellectual side.

I hope the lifeline for this club keeps running even after we fade into the past. Especially the B-school application has sure carried all of us to great lengths. One day sitting on the 42nd floor window office overlooking the central park OR riding a range rover to the Hamptons OR devising a strategy for GE's major business segments, we all will reflect upon these good old days. And I'm pretty sure we all will remember the screen name if not real name of our group members for years to come.

I hope some of you will concur with my thoughts ! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I two comments on the BW forums of people who got an interview this week but the apps turned complete very early on. One went complete on the 9th. The other shortly after. A little hope, and an indication that they've broken up the apps in some way that has nothing to do with submission date.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
Prodigy wrote:
I two comments on the BW forums of people who got an interview this week but the apps turned complete very early on. One went complete on the 9th. The other shortly after. A little hope, and an indication that they've broken up the apps in some way that has nothing to do with submission date.

I concur. I submitted my application with 10 mins to spare on the 9th & it went complete on 23rd. With the applicant volume at Chicago, I wouldn't be surprised if they are randomly distributed among the adcom members. I hope there are some more invites. Well, that's the best I can do, right? Hope.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
:) I agree to some extent. But my wife loves Chicago the city.

...As opposed to Chicago, the band?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:band :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
mNeo wrote:
dosa_don wrote:

gregspirited wrote:

I am in...I have mine at noon on the 16th. how about you guys?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
mNeo wrote:

16th feb on campus
let's meet up guys!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
gregspirited wrote:
I wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. This is the only tight-knit forum I have ever visited. The place where everyone wishes success for others and at the same time trying to get ahead in life with much needed humility. Also I think even B-schools students won't have such a great teamwork as we do have here. I'm pretty sure for lot of folks who are deeply involved in this club, it is more than a club to share each other's intellectual side.

I hope the lifeline for this club keeps running even after we fade into the past. Especially the B-school application has sure carried all of us to great lengths. One day sitting on the 42nd floor window office overlooking the central park OR riding a range rover to the Hamptons OR devising a strategy for GE's major business segments, we all will reflect upon these good old days. And I'm pretty sure we all will remember the screen name if not real name of our group members for years to come.

I hope some of you will concur with my thoughts ! :)

totally agree with that greg!
very nice post
i love this forum, such collaboration.....it's amazing =)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 309 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Add yourself...

Chicago GSB - 16th Feb interview slot roll call
mNeo
kk.iyer
nupurgupt
ncprasad
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Need your help folks....

I got an interview invite from Cornell yesterday. They've asked me to call the adcom to schedule the interview.
I live on the west coast (LA) and it took a lot of planning to get my chicago trip put together.
My tix are NON-refundable. Do you think it makes any sense in trying to hop on another flight and combine the Cornell visit too? I was considering an alum interview for Cornell, do you think that would be a mistake?

Need your views before I make "the call" :wink:

Also if we plan to meet, we'll need the time slots as well... I'll add mine others please do so.
We can PM each other's numbers subsequently.

Rhyme, are you gonna be around then?

Chicago GSB - 16th Feb interview slot roll call
mNeo
kk.iyer - 12.00 PM
nupurgupt
ncprasad

Cheers
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 309 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Cornell is super yield sensitive. Definitely visit, if you can.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  80   81   82   83   84  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts