Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:28 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2008 [#permalink]
illusion wrote:
I submitted my application on Jan 21 and received the 'completion' email on Jan 28th, but havn't heard anything after that. I did NOT complete my interview before submitting my application and am waiting for interview invite. It's been more than 5 weeks now and there is complete silence. My OPUS account still says in 'To Do List' ..."Please complete evaluative interview" (same as it said before submitting application). Any thoughts?

I would give admissions a call and see if you can set up an interview. Be proactive. I wouldn't demand an interview, but let them know what you see on OPUS and ask for their recommendation of how you can complete this step. If they say wait a couple of weeks, at least you know where you stand.

As far as rounds of notifications, they don't really go in rounds. They have rolling admissions, so they would let you know when their decision has been made.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I just got an acknowledgment email from the Ad Com confirming that they received my WL form. Apparently, they do not review the waitlist
files until after the first deposit deadline in April at the earliest and throughout the spring and summer months.

Can any of the admits let me know when the first deposit deadline is?

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
It's during the second week in April...not sure of the exact date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks SKic!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emoryhopeful: Thanks very much, you really know them. I called them up this morning and an administrative assistant told me that I had been invited for interview, no email or OPUS status change though.

emoryhopeful wrote:
illusion wrote:
I submitted my application on Jan 21 and received the 'completion' email on Jan 28th, but havn't heard anything after that. I did NOT complete my interview before submitting my application and am waiting for interview invite. It's been more than 5 weeks now and there is complete silence. My OPUS account still says in 'To Do List' ..."Please complete evaluative interview" (same as it said before submitting application). Any thoughts?

I would give admissions a call and see if you can set up an interview. Be proactive. I wouldn't demand an interview, but let them know what you see on OPUS and ask for their recommendation of how you can complete this step. If they say wait a couple of weeks, at least you know where you stand.

As far as rounds of notifications, they don't really go in rounds. They have rolling admissions, so they would let you know when their decision has been made.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Glad I could help. Best of luck with the interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I went to the campus on 03/17 for interview. You were absolutely right, I found the Goizueta community to be very friendly. My interview went reasonably well, let's see what comes out, Keeping fingers crossed. Any Idea, how long is gonna be the wait?

emoryhopeful wrote:
Glad I could help. Best of luck with the interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got accepted with full tuition scholarship. My first admit....feeling great!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Wow, congrats. I guess that interview went pretty well. Not a bad first admit, full ride. What are your other hopefuls?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks very much. I am waiting on Darden & Wharton.

emoryhopeful, Darren1010: Your posts have been very informative and a source of motivation for me to apply to Goizueta. Thank You! Hope to join you wonderful people.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Emory Welcome Weekend [#permalink]
Kudos
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Emory's Welcome Weekend. I must say that everything that I've ever read about Emory during my research about the school really rang true this past weekend. Research shows that they really value community, leadership, and their small class size, while trying to become the best business school doing it how they feel is right.

They refuse to grow their overall size just to apease the rankings. The sense of community is real and the students, faculty, and staff are amazing. They truly are a team that is trying to raise everyone's level together to make an impact as a leading business school. They have a 4:1 student to faculty ratio, which is amazing. The professors are engaging and accesible. The students are inspired and brilliant. I knew that I wanted to go there before this weekend, but everything about the weekend reiterated my feelings 10 fold.

For anyone looking for a school that has a family, community feel...this is your place. If you want to be a part of a competitive, yet nurturing school, this is it. I know I'm going to love Goizueta.

Originally posted by emoryhopeful on 03 Apr 2008, 16:12.
Last edited by emoryhopeful on 09 Apr 2008, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Great post, Emoryhopeful!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is a great post emoryhopeful...I've got an accept from USC but am not too sure of it..I SO hope my WL at Emory converts into acceptance!

Originally posted by deepti1983 on 04 Apr 2008, 06:27.
Last edited by deepti1983 on 13 Jun 2008, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Emoryhopeful's post. I had a great time at Emory's Welcome Weekend and am really looking forward to starting there in the fall. Among other things, the sense of community, small class size, new curriculum structure and the quality of students and professors seem to be a great match. Everyone from the current students, admissions staff, career center staff, alumni and professors who I met were very engaging which really added to sense of community. Looking forward to meeting my fellow incoming classmates!!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Miami, we should have made a point to get together during the welcome weekend. Who knows, we may have met anyways. I look forward to being your classmate in the fall. I'm definitely excited about the new curriculum and how much flexibility it will allow me to focus on, or figure out, what I really want to do.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
This is sort of off topic... but I am choosing between Georgia Tech and Emory, both similarly ranked and sized, but with different strengths and just wanted to see what you all thought. I personally want to focus on marketing/strategy. Emory is better known and has better placement in this area, but GT still has a lot of opps as well.

All things the same, I would choose Emory over GT for my goals. However, all things are not the same. I am out of state, and I've been offered a full scholarship from GT (~40k/yr), but will need to pay full tuition for Emory (~60k/yr). I am struggling to justify choosing Emory of GT from a financial perspective.

I just wanted to get some of ya'lls views to see if there is anything I'm missing. This is a pretty big decision careerwise and financially and just wanted to get some additional opinions.

Thanks!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
goBears wrote:
This is sort of off topic... but I am choosing between Georgia Tech and Emory, both similarly ranked and sized, but with different strengths and just wanted to see what you all thought. I personally want to focus on marketing/strategy. Emory is better known and has better placement in this area, but GT still has a lot of opps as well.

All things the same, I would choose Emory over GT for my goals. However, all things are not the same. I am out of state, and I've been offered a full scholarship from GT (~40k/yr), but will need to pay full tuition for Emory (~60k/yr). I am struggling to justify choosing Emory of GT from a financial perspective.

I just wanted to get some of ya'lls views to see if there is anything I'm missing. This is a pretty big decision careerwise and financially and just wanted to get some additional opinions.

Thanks!

My opinion is that Emory and Georgia Tech are not similarly ranked schools. I think Emory is at least a tier above GT. GT is smaller in size, but both are very small schools. If you wanted to do operations or supply chain management, I think GT would be the place. But, for marketing/strategy Emory is by far the better school. Now, that said, that's a huge financial burden. I think you would just need to ask yourself, before you started the process was money the main consideration, or was the school and opportunities involved with the schools. If it was financial, then GT is your spot. If you want the more presitigious school that has a ton of potential to continue moving up the rankings and has more opportunities for your goals, then Emory is it. Good luck with your decision.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11