Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2008 [#permalink]
^^ Congrats man! I know that was the most nervous click of your life, lol.

To the rest, does anyone know when the officers at Emory come back from vacation? I am in Atlanta unexpectedly, and I want to check out the campus and talk to whoever I can. Did I miss something on the website? Thanks for your help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I would say that they are back in the office today, but not 100% sure about it. I checked my status late last week and there wasn't anything new, so that makes me think that they are back working today.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats MiamiMBA..

Great News....Wow...!!

What is your story if i may ask ;-)

i am nervous too...no decision till now...does that mean a reject ?
Should i give the admissions office a call or should i wait ?

Any other people who are waiting for their first round decision ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
beyondinfinity wrote:
What is your story if i may ask ;-)

Here's my brief story:
29 years old with 8 years work experience (good promotions throughout career)
620 GMAT / 3.1 GPA from well known college
Co-own a startup company in addition to regular work (good revenue and profits)
4 years of good volunteer work (some leadership positions)

Just goes to show that the GMAT score isn't the only factor - you just have to paint the whole picture!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yup ur right...

Did u get an email as well or was it only on OPUS ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just the OPUS update. It says that an official letter will be mailed to my home this week. Strange that it was just the OPUS update and no email....perhaps they will still call this afternoon. Either way, doesn't bother me!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Congrats MiamiMBA, when do you plan on making your decision on whether you are going to matriculate or not?

Also, I think the admissions officers are on campus today. I received a reply to one of my e-mails over the holidays and she stated she would be back in the office today. So, I think it would be worth going by campus, even though its colder here today than usual.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
emoryhopeful wrote:
Congrats MiamiMBA, when do you plan on making your decision on whether you are going to matriculate or not?

Not sure yet - I have some other apps still out there, but Emory is definitely my number 1 choice. I think the only thing that would sway my decision is getting $$ from other schools. Even then it would be a tough decision since my wife is here in Atlanta, we own a house, she has a good job, and Emory is such a great school....
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
MiamiMBA wrote:
emoryhopeful wrote:

Not sure yet - I have some other apps still out there, but Emory is definitely my number 1 choice. I think the only thing that would sway my decision is getting $$ from other schools. Even then it would be a tough decision since my wife is here in Atlanta, we own a house, she has a good job, and Emory is such a great school....

I figured for sure that you were in Miami, but I guess I was wrong. Where are you at in Atlanta? Do you live near campus?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
emoryhopeful wrote:
I figured for sure that you were in Miami, but I guess I was wrong. Where are you at in Atlanta? Do you live near campus?

I went to Miami undergrad - not really sure why I picked that username. At any rate, we live over off of Howell Mill and Collier...not too close campus, but not too far away either. How about yourself?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Do you guys think I have a chance:

GMAT: Schedule for April 19 - At this point will probably score 620-650 :shock: (But I know I can do better if I stay on track
GPA: 2.8 :cry:
W/E: 9 years (Operations - Printing)
Community: Big Brothers/Big Sisters 3 yrs

Emory is a stretch school, but I'm looking to go be in the Atlanta area. Also applying to GSU.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
MiamiMBA wrote:
emoryhopeful wrote:

I went to Miami undergrad - not really sure why I picked that username. At any rate, we live over off of Howell Mill and Collier...not too close campus, but not too far away either. How about yourself?

We live in Brookhaven, near the Brookhaven Marta Station and Mellow Mushroom (I love that place). Miami as in Florida, or Ohio? May seem like a ridiculous question, most would assume Florida, but my brother when to Miami of Ohio so I figured I'd ask.

Originally posted by emoryhopeful on 03 Jan 2008, 13:58.
Last edited by emoryhopeful on 03 Jan 2008, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
humbled4real wrote:
Do you guys think I have a chance:

GMAT: Schedule for April 19 - At this point will probably score 620-650 :shock: (But I know I can do better if I stay on track
GPA: 2.8 :cry:
W/E: 9 years (Operations - Printing)
Community: Big Brothers/Big Sisters 3 yrs

Emory is a stretch school, but I'm looking to go be in the Atlanta area. Also applying to GSU.

Its hard to tell with that little of information. Don't get too caught up in the gpa. Mine was 2.88. I think a 2.8 is in the middle 80% for Emory if I'm not mistaken. So really, its going to come down to how different/stellar your work experience and leadership is. Also, a 2.8 at cupcake university in cupcake major is different than 2.8 in a difficult undergrad, in a difficult major. Plus, you could have worked through school, or were involved in sports or clubs significantly. There are explanations for low gpa's. And, as said in PM, if you plan on doing extra classes before applying, that can only help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
emoryhopeful wrote:
We live in Brookhaven, near the Brookhaven Marta Station and Mellow Mushroom (I love that place). Miami as in Florida, or Ohio? May seem like a ridiculous question, most would assume Florida, but my brother when to Miami of Ohio so I figured I'd ask.

Miami as in Ohio -- the real Miami (I'm sure you've heard from your brother that Miami was a school in Ohio when Florida still belonged to Spain)!! Brookhaven is a cool area and I have definitely frequented the Mellow there! Good sports bar that just opened up in Jock's & Jill's old place.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
MiamiMBA wrote:
emoryhopeful wrote:

Miami as in Ohio -- the real Miami (I'm sure you've heard from your brother that Miami was a school in Ohio when Florida still belonged to Spain)!! Brookhaven is a cool area and I have definitely frequented the Mellow there! Good sports bar that just opened up in Jock's & Jill's old place.

Nice!!! When did you graduate? My brother played baseball there in 2000, 2001 I think. (maybe it was 99, 00). We've definitely enjoyed Hudson Grille opening up. Gives us a close place to go watch games and enjoy a beer or two. Although, if UGA is playing, forget it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
emoryhopeful wrote:
Nice!!! When did you graduate? My brother played baseball there in 2000, 2001 I think. (maybe it was 99, 00). We've definitely enjoyed Hudson Grille opening up. Gives us a close place to go watch games and enjoy a beer or two. Although, if UGA is playing, forget it.

I graduated in 2000 - swam all four years as well. I probably ran into your brother at some point. Small world!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
MiamiMBA wrote:
I graduated in 2000 - swam all four years as well. I probably ran into your brother at some point. Small world!

Very small world indeed. I'm sure you've run into each other, or atleast know some of the same people. I used to swim when I was younger, but I got bored watching the line on the bottom of the pool as I swam back and forth during practice. Of course, I was very practical and decided to do distance track, running around in circles over and over. Brilliant!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11