Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:35 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7305 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Re: GMAT: Round 2 [#permalink]
I'm curious about AWA... When you reinstall the software, do you get exactly the same AWAs as before reinstallation? No matter what I do (delete files or reinstall completely) I constantly get the same passage about some motorcycle X and after that some argument about teachers who allow discussion in the class.
I have no intention to do the AWA but it is a good indicator of the size of GP software. I mean, If it contains only two AWAs out of 450 official topics it is hard for me to believe that it contains 10.000 questions?
Anyway, I use it regularly and I keep seeing 15-25 repeated questions per session, but I have already done each test for about 10-15 times. Nevertheles, it constantly throw the new questions into my face and I firmly believe that this is the best way to practice for the exam. First, you are sitting, just as on the real exam, in front of the screen - not in the front of the paper. Second, you are answering ETS questions - not some CATs or sets of suspicious quality. Third, you are getting used to real test conditions and timing. For me, it is far better to do reinstalled GP than any other CAT in this world, including those of ManhattanGMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey Addict,

How many times have you reinstalled/retaken Gmatprep so far and how many repeats have you seen?

Thanks,
Vin
Manager
Manager
Send PM
any update on your progress addict?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
yea where have you been Startup?? Up to 30th install of gmatprep? lol
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
StartupAddict,

How's your bench these days?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
think we lost him.. haha
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
He's prolly busy replying to all the full scholarship offers from HBS, Kellogg, Chicago, etc. after his 810 score. He has to turn so many schools down in so little time. :wave :woohoo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
WTF??? I re-took GMP1 today and got only 4 wrongs on Q and 6 on V, none in the first 10 questions, and that gave me only Q50 V42 (760)......Is this a rip-off or what??
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
:lol: Wow this thread is a gem.

Btw I've decided to take another attempt aiming to get 800. So far I've repeated GMP seven times during the last week and my scores' consistently between 799 and 800. Think I should write it now? Although... I may not need it now really... But I finished the math section in 35 minutes average, and I can do RC in lightning speed, with only five questions wrong. (Darn, was I that bad?)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HongHu wrote:

Btw I've decided to take another attempt aiming to get 800. So far I've repeated GMP seven times during the last week and my scores' consistently between 799 and 800. Think I should write it now? Although... I may not need it now really... But I finished the math section in 35 minutes average, and I can do RC in lightning speed, with only five questions wrong. (Darn, was I that bad?)

HongHu,

Could you post the breakdown of your score and the number of questions you got wrong on each test?
I'd like to see what is needed for a score of 780+, which unfortunately I can still not achieve :(

Thanks.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
chineseburned wrote:
WTF??? I re-took GMP1 today and got only 4 wrongs on Q and 6 on V, none in the first 10 questions, and that gave me only Q50 V42 (760)......Is this a rip-off or what??

With a 50Q, you need a 46V 47V or 48V to get an 780. You´ll need to cut the number of verbal mistakes in half.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
HongHu wrote:

Welcome back, HongHu. Why would you need an 800? Is it for the self-satisfaction? I'm doing the GMAT again on Thursday, and I'm going to do my best on verbal. I'd like a 790 so that I can retake next year
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kevincan wrote:
chineseburned wrote:

With a 50Q, you need a 46V 47V or 48V to get an 780. You´ll need to cut the number of verbal mistakes in half.

Well I've gotten Q50 with 7 or 8 wrongs before and was surprised to not get 51 with just 4 wrongs.
Director
Director
Send PM
AHHHH, you guys are sooo serious. What break down of my scores? I said between 799 and 800. There isn't such a thing! I was only joking! I'm already self satisfied. Why wouldn't I? Is it really that big of a deal between 780 and 800? The world of 780 is as wonderful and colorful as the other world. Perfection is good but don't let it consume all of you.
Director
Director
Send PM
Good luck for your test btw kevincan. I know why you need to take it and I know you'll nail it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
HongHu wrote:

Yes, it does.

As a Canadian myself, I'd like everyone to understand that we are not as arrogant as the OP.

PS. I can dead lift 500kg just by thinking about it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
impressive!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Founder