Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 19:12 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 19:12
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants [#permalink]
It was a very tough R2 at GSB. I've heard that among brazilians it was a bloodshed. Perhaps this indicates that many R1 will matriculate, so GSB will have a high Yield this year.

To the admitts: Huge Congrats, I hope to see you next fall at the Harper Center, TNDCs, etc...

For the WLs, if you want: fight, you can do it.

For those with the bloddy ding, I'm really sorry, I do believe that we can learn from good and bad times. Learning is always the way!
Good Luck everybody, and whenever you need any help, suggestion, talk something, just give me a shout.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
WOW congrasts helg big kudos! Sorry to hear about the ding KK.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Guys, now that my admit is confirmed, let me follow the example set by prasad and publicly thank a few people that have been great help in the application season. Special thanks to kwam and kryzak for their guidance that helped improve my Chicago application very significantly. I am very sure that I couldn't get an admit without your help, guys! And an equally special thanks to prasad for his guidance and support all along. Thank you for helping me reschedule the interview, buddy! Next time when we meet at a Starbucks, let's ensure that we acknowledge each other :P

Thanks to rhyme, riverripper, terry12, dosa_don, aviroop, bsd_lover, KingKREEP and everybody else for their support and help as well. To the WLers, I know how it feels to not get a chance to make any concrete plans because you didn't get a decision either way. Keep trying .. and don't forget to keep bothering rhyme, kwam etc for their guidance in the WL period. To those who got dings, I think I know your pain .. specially those who have no other admits. I sincerely hope that your applications give you better returns in other schools. Good luck with your other applications and with your career plans!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Great news Helg. Incredible will to stick with things since last year. Enjoy - you deserve it - you will have a great couple of years.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Congrats to all who got in!

If anyone has any questions on housing or the city of chicago - feel free to PM me, as I live there.

Hoping that all on WL will get the nod...

I feel for all those with dings, especially if GSB was your #1 choice. I'd also really like to thank all those who have posted regularly in this forum, I was about ready to lose my sanity doing 6 apps for rd 2 and take the GMAT last autumn. It was a huge help to be able to read the posts here and know that others were in same boat and pulling their hair out as well!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Although at this point I would have likely chosen Chicago over Wharton anyways if the WL came through, I got my formal Penn ding, so am 100% set on Chicago now (was 99% before). Thank god my process is entirely over!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations to all the admits. Looking forward to inspiring accounts of the MBA journeys.

Next fall applicant here with chicago as a stretch on my list.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
still hard to believe but DING..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
OMG!!! HELG!!! It's so great to see you get into such a great school, especially after your past experiences! I was (and I'm sure we all were) rooting for you the entire way. Like your old avatar said, "We can DO IT!" :)

mNeo, I'm glad I could help! GSB is a wonderful accomplishment! You'll have a blast there this fall, and we will definitely miss you in the Bay Area. I still need to meet this mysterious man behind the penguin though. :P

kk.iyer: UCLA all the way. :P We need a west coast posse started.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Oye, don't be so sure that you'll stay in the Bay area. rhyme, river, kwam, nervous et al are going to convince you for Kellogg. Even I may start silently changing my comments where I suggested you to go to Haas over Kellogg :roll:

Yeah .. we've got to meet soon. Maybe it's time you arrange for another Bay-area GMATClubbers meet.

ps. It is nice to be slightly more vocal on GMATClub again. I was very low and out in the past few months. I now feel a bit guilty to be happy when I know that there are still many GMATClubbers who are still in the same situation that I was in a few days back.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
jpjazzman wrote:
Although at this point I would have likely chosen Chicago over Wharton anyways if the WL came through, I got my formal Penn ding, so am 100% set on Chicago now (was 99% before). Thank god my process is entirely over!

Awesome! I see Wharton got my letter asking them to deny you, so you can come to the GSB!

:twisted:

Just kidding. Glad you're 100%. Let me know if I can help you (or anyone else) with any (City of) Chicago-related questions.

Also, Wallspotter, where do you live?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
I hope the admits hang around these boards to help out applicants next season. That would be of great help to people like me.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
haha, mNeo, I know the "dark side" is strong and tempting, but I will resist. :P Plus, you gave such a convincing argument for Haas, I don't think you can change my mind anymore. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Irishfan wrote:
jpjazzman wrote:

Awesome! I see Wharton got my letter asking them to deny you, so you can come to the GSB!

:twisted:

Just kidding. Glad you're 100%. Let me know if I can help you (or anyone else) with any (City of) Chicago-related questions.

Also, Wallspotter, where do you live?

Hahaha. Even if you weren't kidding I am just glad it is over and I get to go to a phenomenal school like Chicago. Can move ahead with the apartment hunt, etc. now. Still debating whether I'll be up for the R2 admit weekend or not though, but I'll let you know so we can meet up!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q48  V36
Send PM
Waitlisted here, but I'm in at Sloan. I'll choose certainty over uncertainty.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Helg, that is awesome. You are setting a great example for next years reapplicants. Full ride to Ross and in at GSB. Thats also a tough decision, very very tough depending on your career goals.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1687 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Many congratulations helg. I think you have inspired me to reapply next year.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  116   117   118   119   120  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts