It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago GSB applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 07:42
helg wrote:
Thanks for congrats, everyone!
I feel a bit uneasy posting my admit amongst so many dings... :?

nupurgupt, poochandi, svrider, KingKREEP, bsd_lover, vchhaochharia, adcxaway, pandeyrav, tsaditya, max125, grap - guys, I feel very sorry for your dings! :cry: I hope some of you won't give up and re-apply next year, or just go to other great schools!

congrats, helg. It must feel pretty sweeeet!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 07:45
To all of the admits: congratulations, you all deserve it!

To the dings/WL: do not despair. Whether you matriculate to another school or try again next year, it will be for the best. Do not worry, you WILL go to a great business school!!

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 07:54
Ding... :arh

I guess that's the end of my affair with the GSB (I still love the PPT though). It also marks the end of my MBA applications adventure. It's been one helluva journey and I'm glad it's over :done

Thankfully I still know that I'll be going to school this year. Had I got into the GSB, it would've been a no-brainer for me but now I have to choose!
East or West :dunnow
OK weather vs Lovely weather :dunnow
etc etc... I'm sure I'll be asking you folks for your inputs...

Congrats to all the admits...good luck to the R3 folks and WL'ers

And also....I told you so....not that it makes even an iota of difference......
post447881.html#p447881

Last edited by kk.iyer on 26 Mar 2008, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 08:07
It was a very tough R2 at GSB. I've heard that among brazilians it was a bloodshed. Perhaps this indicates that many R1 will matriculate, so GSB will have a high Yield this year.

To the admitts: Huge Congrats, I hope to see you next fall at the Harper Center, TNDCs, etc...

For the WLs, if you want: fight, you can do it.

For those with the bloddy ding, I'm really sorry, I do believe that we can learn from good and bad times. Learning is always the way!
Good Luck everybody, and whenever you need any help, suggestion, talk something, just give me a shout.

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t57360

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 08:07
WOW congrasts helg big kudos! Sorry to hear about the ding KK.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 08:11
Guys, now that my admit is confirmed, let me follow the example set by prasad and publicly thank a few people that have been great help in the application season. Special thanks to kwam and kryzak for their guidance that helped improve my Chicago application very significantly. I am very sure that I couldn't get an admit without your help, guys! And an equally special thanks to prasad for his guidance and support all along. Thank you for helping me reschedule the interview, buddy! Next time when we meet at a Starbucks, let's ensure that we acknowledge each other :P

Thanks to rhyme, riverripper, terry12, dosa_don, aviroop, bsd_lover, KingKREEP and everybody else for their support and help as well. To the WLers, I know how it feels to not get a chance to make any concrete plans because you didn't get a decision either way. Keep trying .. and don't forget to keep bothering rhyme, kwam etc for their guidance in the WL period. To those who got dings, I think I know your pain .. specially those who have no other admits. I sincerely hope that your applications give you better returns in other schools. Good luck with your other applications and with your career plans!

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 223 [0], given: 6

Schools: NYU Stern 2009

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 08:13
Great news Helg. Incredible will to stick with things since last year. Enjoy - you deserve it - you will have a great couple of years.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 223 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 08:34
Congrats to all who got in!

If anyone has any questions on housing or the city of chicago - feel free to PM me, as I live there.

Hoping that all on WL will get the nod...

I feel for all those with dings, especially if GSB was your #1 choice. I'd also really like to thank all those who have posted regularly in this forum, I was about ready to lose my sanity doing 6 apps for rd 2 and take the GMAT last autumn. It was a huge help to be able to read the posts here and know that others were in same boat and pulling their hair out as well!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 09:40
Although at this point I would have likely chosen Chicago over Wharton anyways if the WL came through, I got my formal Penn ding, so am 100% set on Chicago now (was 99% before). Thank god my process is entirely over!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 09:43
Congratulations to all the admits. Looking forward to inspiring accounts of the MBA journeys.

Next fall applicant here with chicago as a stretch on my list.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 09:51
still hard to believe but DING..

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 09:55
OMG!!! HELG!!! It's so great to see you get into such a great school, especially after your past experiences! I was (and I'm sure we all were) rooting for you the entire way. Like your old avatar said, "We can DO IT!" :)

mNeo, I'm glad I could help! GSB is a wonderful accomplishment! You'll have a blast there this fall, and we will definitely miss you in the Bay Area. I still need to meet this mysterious man behind the penguin though. :P

kk.iyer: UCLA all the way. :P We need a west coast posse started.

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 10:00
Oye, don't be so sure that you'll stay in the Bay area. rhyme, river, kwam, nervous et al are going to convince you for Kellogg. Even I may start silently changing my comments where I suggested you to go to Haas over Kellogg :roll:

Yeah .. we've got to meet soon. Maybe it's time you arrange for another Bay-area GMATClubbers meet.

ps. It is nice to be slightly more vocal on GMATClub again. I was very low and out in the past few months. I now feel a bit guilty to be happy when I know that there are still many GMATClubbers who are still in the same situation that I was in a few days back.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 10:02
jpjazzman wrote:
Although at this point I would have likely chosen Chicago over Wharton anyways if the WL came through, I got my formal Penn ding, so am 100% set on Chicago now (was 99% before). Thank god my process is entirely over!

Awesome! I see Wharton got my letter asking them to deny you, so you can come to the GSB!

:twisted:

Just kidding. Glad you're 100%. Let me know if I can help you (or anyone else) with any (City of) Chicago-related questions.

Also, Wallspotter, where do you live?

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 10:03
I hope the admits hang around these boards to help out applicants next season. That would be of great help to people like me.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 10:11
haha, mNeo, I know the "dark side" is strong and tempting, but I will resist. :P Plus, you gave such a convincing argument for Haas, I don't think you can change my mind anymore. :wink:

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 10:40
Irishfan wrote:
jpjazzman wrote:

Awesome! I see Wharton got my letter asking them to deny you, so you can come to the GSB!

:twisted:

Just kidding. Glad you're 100%. Let me know if I can help you (or anyone else) with any (City of) Chicago-related questions.

Also, Wallspotter, where do you live?

Hahaha. Even if you weren't kidding I am just glad it is over and I get to go to a phenomenal school like Chicago. Can move ahead with the apartment hunt, etc. now. Still debating whether I'll be up for the R2 admit weekend or not though, but I'll let you know so we can meet up!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 14:00
Waitlisted here, but I'm in at Sloan. I'll choose certainty over uncertainty.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 14:28
Helg, that is awesome. You are setting a great example for next years reapplicants. Full ride to Ross and in at GSB. Thats also a tough decision, very very tough depending on your career goals.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 656 [0], given: 210

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2008, 14:31
Many congratulations helg. I think you have inspired me to reapply next year.

Kudos [?]: 656 [0], given: 210

Re: Calling Chicago GSB applicants   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2008, 14:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  116   117   118   119   120  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ]