Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: LBS R1 roll call [#permalink]
LBS interview invites R2 are out! I think AdCom will review our R1 waitlist applications by tommorrow 14th February, or at least they mentioned something like that in the e-mail. I heard the rumor that the rate of accepted LBS offers in R1 was quite high, well that is definitely not a cheerful sign!

Any news, rumors or developments in your LBS waitlist status so far? I fear that I will stay waitlisted...let's hope that London is in Valentine's mood tomorrow....

Good luck!

Cheers
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I haven't heard anything from them. I am not holding my breath for LBS anymore :(. I got interviews for both my R2 schools and so am focusing on that. Will be flying to the US to attend those interviews, not taking any chances this time around; I NEED an admit !!

Originally posted by bsd_lover on 13 Feb 2008, 03:08.
Last edited by bsd_lover on 13 Feb 2008, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Best luck for your interviews. I hope you will get an offer by any of you US schools, you finally deserve an admit! I need an admit as well, but I still have no alternative or offer so far....if I don't get an admit by any school until June I will apply for INSEAD January intake as my last chance!

cheers mate!

bsd_lover wrote:
I haven't heard anything from them. I am not holding my breath for LBS anymore :(. I got interviews for both my R2 schools and so am focusing on that. Will be flying to the US to attend those interview, not taking any chances this time around; I NEED an admit !!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The very best of luck to you catgmat - yeah LBS is a real shame. My alum interviewer really sold the school to me and he told me that he had given me an excellent recommendation. Hope Chicago and NYU find me more appealing. The review of LBS waitlist is on the 14th - I just checked my old emails. Guess we'll find out more on the 15th ...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Still in wait list - Next review on 16th of April. Wot the hell !!!???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dear Catgmat,

I am happy to inform you that you will stay on the waitlist! Eventually I will reconsider your application on April 16th to keep you waitlisted until the next 2 months or ding you then. This year's applications have been very bla bla bla bla bla....

I think that I understand now why some people prefer a ding over a waitlist. I fear that the waitlist turns out to be a soft, long version of a ding.

By the way, this reminds me of falling in love with my teacher when I was a kid. I saw her every day in class, but never dated her :)

..and yes, I am bitter!

cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hahah catgmat - that's a great analogy kudos !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:

bsd i can understand this.. got the same treatment from St gallen.. do you have any other offers ? I think you were alos applying to couple of US universities ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
trahul I got interviews at Chicago and NYU. Flying out to the US on the 29th to attend them. Fingers crossed they find me more appealing than LBS did.

trahul4 wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:

bsd i can understand this.. got the same treatment from St gallen.. do you have any other offers ? I think you were alos applying to couple of US universities ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:

application volume has greatly increased this year, probably you are a very strong candidate but they are waiting to offer you a place until R3 has been reviewed.

Did you get an interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ronron wrote:
application volume has greatly increased this year, probably you are a very strong candidate but they are waiting to offer you a place until R3 has been reviewed.

Did you get an interview?

Usually you get waitlisted at LBS after the interview. I don't think that you can get waitlisted without an interview. If you are waitlisted you will be reviewed with all waitlisted candidates every two months. At least that was what I heard....

Does anyone know if any waitlisted candidate from R1 was offered a place so far?

cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone..

So the last date for R3 passed yesterday.. and I'm happy that I submitted before deadline. for a change.. So guys any more news about the sudden increase in applications this year, so they are accepting everyone.. ;) Any news... I would try to take it as gud news...

All the best buddies and for all who have been selected. Congrats dudes..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dear fellow waitlisters,

Still waitlisted at LBS since R1 :roll: , next review on May 28th...Good luck to everyone else on any waitlist, especially to BSD Lover...

cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
hi cat - same story - this is NUTS !!!! 28th of MAY !!!!! I guess they're reviewing R4 apps before deciding right ? Does that mean 28th May is the final call ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nope!
I think that AdCom will wait until R3 decision / payment Deposit (Commitment Fee) to know the approximate number of the class2010. Since I think that the purpose of the waitlist is to fill the rejected places, I even wonder if anyone has been removed (admit or ding) from the waitlist so far. I read on the BW forum that one applicant was even offered a second interview with AdCom! This is only my speculation, you can find application dates on LBS website. The wait is killing me...

21st May decision for R3
28th May Review Waitlist (R1-R3)
20th June Payment Deposit £6,000 (R1-R3)
4th July decision for R4
15th (???) July Review Waitlist (R1-R4) > at this point something will happen (dings, admits & admits for next year)!!
Mid August beginning of the programme
End August Admit for BSD & catgmat :lol:

Cheers

Originally posted by catgmat on 16 Apr 2008, 23:31.
Last edited by catgmat on 16 Apr 2008, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
15th JULY !!!!!! cat I dont have an EU passport - the visa processing alone will take 3-4 weeks. I also need to sell my car and all my other stuff ... I can't wait that long .....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
15th July is only speculation, maybe it is even sooner (end June after payment deposits)? R4 will be really hard, so there may be only a few seats. But I heard from people admitted 2 weeks after the programme started...Let's wait for May 28th

By the way, are you not a member of Common Wealth Nations and get the visa sooner for UK?

cheers,
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9