Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:09 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: LBS R1 roll call [#permalink]
bsd_lover wrote:
Still in WL - next update 11th July.

Seems like the GMAT cheating scandal has not influenced our WL :lol:
Same for me BSD!

cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
LBS is incredible, if I get admitted on 11th July, I'd have to pack my bags, arrange my visa, sell all my stuff and go to London within a month. Not to mention give my notice that late to work.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi BSD,

I just wonder what will happen in the next two weeks. Why can LBS not send out dings or admits right now, or in other words, what difference does it make? Notification for admits R4 is July 4th, the deposits R1-R3 are already paid and deposits R4 are due by July 25th. In conclusion, I fear that LBS just wants to hold WLer's commitment for LBS and will send first WL admits late July/mid August. By the way, we are both waiting since December 19th 2007, isn't this WL ridiculous?

https://www.london.edu/mba/feesandfinancing.html

https://www.london.edu/mba/admissions.html

However, BSD, if you are not admitted you still have the chance of a deferred admit or you can re-apply with a even stronger application and essays for next fall. Your chances as a former LBS WLer in next R1 for LBS2011 will be quite good (just my assumption). If I don't get an offer from LBS, I will accept another offer...I am too old to wait for a extra year!

cheers mate!

catgmat
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Yeah a deferred admit will be "very nice." But if they admit me mid - august, it'll be far too late for me I'm afraid :(

catgmat wrote:
Hi BSD,

I just wonder what will happen in the next two weeks. Why can LBS not send out dings or admits right now, or in other words, what difference does it make? Notification for admits R4 is July 4th, the deposits R1-R3 are already paid and deposits R4 are due by July 25th. In conclusion, I fear that LBS just wants to hold WLer's commitment for LBS and will send first WL admits late July/mid August. By the way, we are both waiting since December 19th 2007, isn't this WL ridiculous?

https://www.london.edu/mba/feesandfinancing.html

https://www.london.edu/mba/admissions.html

However, BSD, if you are not admitted you still have the chance of a deferred admit or you can re-apply with a even stronger application and essays for next fall. Your chances as a former LBS WLer in next R1 for LBS2011 will be quite good (just my assumption). If I don't get an offer from LBS, I will accept another offer...I am too old to wait for a extra year!

cheers mate!

catgmat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
 Q46  V33
Send PM
Today, I read this thread and just can't believe it. Guys, it isJUN29 and you are still waiting for their decision. 7 months! It takes only 7 pages in this forum to show the process, but I do not know how how I would feel in your shoes. I mean 7 months of beleiving, guessing, praying !

I think someone in LBS shoud see the thread to feel your commitment to the school. You could have go to other places as well, but you still waiting.

Guys, i admire you !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you very much ArtEast! I hope the LBS waitlist limbo finally pays off in the end...

cheers mate!

ArtEast wrote:
Today, I read this thread and just can't believe it. Guys, it isJUN29 and you are still waiting for their decision. 7 months! It takes only 7 pages in this forum to show the process, but I do not know how how I would feel in your shoes. I mean 7 months of beleiving, guessing, praying !

I think someone in LBS shoud see the thread to feel your commitment to the school. You could have go to other places as well, but you still waiting.

Guys, i admire you !
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I cannot believe it! Seven months?!

They are either some kind of sadists or psychos and enjoy playing this game or, which cause much more concern, are totaly incapable of conducting this process.

What level of incompetence you need for behavior like that? Just think about it: seven months for a simple yes/no decision... And they are people who should teach me something about leadership, decision making and stuff???!!! I'm frightened to death. If they were some "leader-breeding-global-shmoozing-mumbo-jumbo-experts" they would be able to assess candidate in a matter of hours. After 30 minutes you know if somebody fits or not, for a composition of a whole class (or any damn team) you don't need more than 30 days if you know what you are doing...

And when I say "they" I don't think just of LBS, it's this whole admission process I'm sick of! What can I tell you guys, I wish you best of luck. Hold out the pressure and matriculate, albeit I see no point of that in this moment, but that's just temporary.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you Pathfinder! I think the Adcoms of any Top B-school only focus on compiling the "best" people for the "best" class of the "best" school. By doing that the WL seems to be a good means to achieve this goal. I don't like the WL policy as well, but I fear that B-schools are only doing "business".

cheers mate!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Yeah, I must say I am a lot more cynical about this whole business than I used to be.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
What do I do ???

Dear bsd_lover,

The Admissions Committee recently met to consider all applications on the Waitlist. Unfortunately, it has not been possible to remove you from the Waitlist at this time.

This year has been the most competitive admissions seasons ever and as we are recruiting for a class of around 315 students, we have had to make some really tough choices.

The next steps for the admissions cycle are as follows:

We will update you once the Admissions Committee have met again to consider the Waitlist.
Your application will be next reviewed on:

30 July 2008

We recognise that it is now late in the year and the start of the Programme, (26 August), is close.
However, in our experience occasionally places become available in the final weeks before the start date.
We want to give the opportunity to candidates from the Waitlist if places become available.

Please contact me by reply email if you are still willing to be considered for a place.
You will need to be in a situation where you will be able to give notice from your work, arrange a student visa (if applicable) and financing at short notice.

Following this review date at the end of July, there will be one later update before the class start date.

Our Waitlist is not ranked and unfortunately there is no extra information we can give you about your chances of admission.

We do not require you to send any extra information unless we specifically contact you ourselves.

Best regards,
LBS
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Very unfortunate situation, bsd. I've been extremely surprised at how unlucky you've been this applications season.

However, what do you have to lose by just staying on the LBS waitlist? Unless I'm mistaken, you're already thinking about reapplying for 2009. Why not keep moving on with those applications, and leave the LBS door open?

I wish you good luck.

bsd_lover wrote:
What do I do ???

Dear bsd_lover,

The Admissions Committee recently met to consider all applications on the Waitlist. Unfortunately, it has not been possible to remove you from the Waitlist at this time.

This year has been the most competitive admissions seasons ever and as we are recruiting for a class of around 315 students, we have had to make some really tough choices.

The next steps for the admissions cycle are as follows:

We will update you once the Admissions Committee have met again to consider the Waitlist.
Your application will be next reviewed on:

30 July 2008

We recognise that it is now late in the year and the start of the Programme, (26 August), is close.
However, in our experience occasionally places become available in the final weeks before the start date.
We want to give the opportunity to candidates from the Waitlist if places become available.

Please contact me by reply email if you are still willing to be considered for a place.
You will need to be in a situation where you will be able to give notice from your work, arrange a student visa (if applicable) and financing at short notice.

Following this review date at the end of July, there will be one later update before the class start date.

Our Waitlist is not ranked and unfortunately there is no extra information we can give you about your chances of admission.

We do not require you to send any extra information unless we specifically contact you ourselves.

Best regards,
LBS
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Same for me...

cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Trouble is I dont know whether I can actually clear out everything here and move to London within a month. This situation is ridiculous .... I've started on a new role - I need to give at least one month's notice... What if there is no update on the 30th July - and they say there is a spot on the 20th of August ?

Thats six days to :
- Quit job (normal notice period 30 days - not to mention the ill will I would cause)
- Sell my stuff (I got an apartment full of stuff + lease for which I need to give 1 month notice)
- Organise student visas (admittedly I dont know how long it would take - but six days may not be enough)
- Organise finance (might be possible).

What are you gonna do cat ?

catgmat wrote:
Same for me...

cheers,
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I'm sorry for you guys.

BSD in your place I'd go to the end, you have nothing to loose with this, and if they admit you, perhaps you could try to deffer the admission...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi BSD,

Well, I accepted another offer to secure a place for my MBA, handed in notice from employment / landlord and I am trying to sell my stuff. Fortunately, I do not need any student visa to study in UK, so I can wait until end of August, after this date, I will definitely accept my offer. I will not accept a deferred admit, since I am too old....

I agree that your situation is quite difficult, since you live far away from London and have to resign from your employment. However, I think that you should wait until the end of July / mid August to increase your chances to turn your application into a deferred admit or re-application next season. I don't know if it is wise to ask adcom for a deferred admit now, but if you can't make it anyway to London after end of July, what will you lose?

What is the latest date that you can accept an offer? I heard that 27th August is orientation day and the classes start one week later. This could give you some extra time to get to London?!

Cheers,

bsd_lover wrote:
Trouble is I dont know whether I can actually clear out everything here and move to London within a month. This situation is ridiculous .... I've started on a new role - I need to give at least one month's notice... What if there is no update on the 30th July - and they say there is a spot on the 20th of August ?

Thats six days to :
- Quit job (normal notice period 30 days - not to mention the ill will I would cause)
- Sell my stuff (I got an apartment full of stuff + lease for which I need to give 1 month notice)
- Organise student visas (admittedly I dont know how long it would take - but six days may not be enough)

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Yeah,
I've decided to stay on it. Worst comes to worst, I'll start a couple of weeks late - no big dramas there.

catgmat wrote:
Hi BSD,

Well, I accepted another offer to secure a place for my MBA, handed in notice from employment / landlord and I am trying to sell my stuff. Fortunately, I do not need any student visa to study in UK, so I can wait until end of August, after this date, I will definitely accept my offer. I will not accept a deferred admit, since I am too old....

I agree that your situation is quite difficult, since you live far away from London and have to resign from your employment. However, I think that you should wait until the end of July / mid August to increase your chances to turn your application into a deferred admit or re-application next season. I don't know if it is wise to ask adcom for a deferred admit now, but if you can't make it anyway to London after end of July, what will you lose?

What is the latest date that you can accept an offer? I heard that 27th August is orientation day and the classes start one week later. This could give you some extra time to get to London?!

Cheers,

bsd_lover wrote:

Thats six days to :

Manager
Manager
Send PM
That's the right attitude! Hopefully more to come on July 30th...

cheers,

bsd_lover wrote:
Yeah,
I've decided to stay on it. Worst comes to worst, I'll start a couple of weeks late - no big dramas there.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9