Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:53 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
I wasn't actually concerned about you revealing my identity my man, I just found it a bit (very) odd that you went to all the trouble of figuring out who people were. I was even more surprised you admitted it. It's kind of like looking in someone else's medicine cabinet. People do it I guess, but do they ever actually admit it? And how do you possibly have the time for all this working at that firm? I have a few buddies over there, and I never see em ...

I'm also a bit confused, so are you actually posting as multiple people? If so, see above re: " (very) odd " ...

Ps - I'm just busting your nuts dude ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Why would NYU accept applications after the deadline date- May 15th? Does that mean that they look for candidates beyond the deadline date? What about us WLs who submitted the application on/before time?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
2MuchFun wrote:
I wasn't actually concerned about you revealing my identity my man, I just found it a bit (very) odd that you went to all the trouble of figuring out who people were. I was even more surprised you admitted it. It's kind of like looking in someone else's medicine cabinet. People do it I guess, but do they ever actually admit it? And how do you possibly have the time for all this working at that firm? I have a few buddies over there, and I never see em ...

I'm also a bit confused, so are you actually posting as multiple people? If so, see above re: " (very) odd " ...

Ps - I'm just busting your nuts dude ...

Busting my nuts or no, I have to respond to that character assassination seriously. I spent 15 minutes figuring out who a few people were only to take a quick look at when they got in versus when they were put in the database. It was really easy and I figured out what I wanted to know. The database is on a one day lag at the very least. But how are they entering the data? I suggested a few ways on a previous post but still didn’t know. Looking at the most recent admits took about 3 minutes to paste in 11 names and that was also driven by the goal of trying to pin down how they’re putting in the data. Why else would I call out your name and then ask you when you submitted your forms? As a result of your answer, I’ve now come to the conclusion that you are entered once you submit that form. I think the database is on more than a one day lag now. Also, the database doesn't give you both first and last names so unless your e-mail address is your name, I don't *really* know who people are nor do I care. I can, however, do the analysis I wanted with the e-mail address. Unexpectedly, I saw Whylangone and felt compelled to post about the hypocrisy of that revelation.

Also, you said “that firm” in your post. I have never once said which hedge fund I work for. Did you just admit to spending some time figuring out who I am? I don’t imagine it would be that hard to do but doing that goes directly against the nature of your post.

Additionally, the bulk of the work I’ve done on this stuff I do before work starts, during lunch or after work ends. But why would I do any of this and why do I care? I was admitted very very quickly but the three weeks I spent between submission and admission, I was checking my status all the time. I also felt a sense of community here and I saw a way I could help out others who were not admitted yet. It began as a simple database update but then I got curious. So I did a little work here, an analysis there and eventually it became a hobby. I enjoy analyzing things and taking things apart to see how they work. So everything I’ve done satisfies two things I enjoy which are helping others and taking apart a process. The end goal is two break the admissions process down completely so that others in the gmatclub can see the analysis in future years. This way, people in future years will know what they can expect. As far as I can tell, no one has ever done this and I view it as a service to our little community. It is not driven by a single thing you insinuated in your post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No, it wasn't hard and I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be showing up at my apartment with a pick-ax anytime soon. Luckily, you didn't appear in the NYS Prison Database. In reality, your extensive efforts just made me curious, so I figured why not a little tit-for-tat. Honestly, the analysis is pretty sweet and I did appreciate it. Seriously, no assasination intended and I'm sure we'll laugh about this over a beer in a few months (less you'll be too busy pursuing your true loves). I was just teasing you bro and my apologies if you took it that way. Paging Dr. Phil ...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
I can see we will all get along really well as classmates :)

To CFA: While it took a couple of days for my name to appear in the database, I had not submitted the enrollment form when I saw my name. However, I believe that my case is an exception because I was enrolled at NYU prior to Langone. BTW, thanks for your work. I find it useful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If this forum is indicative of the type of students that attend Langone, Stern will be a lot of fun. Can't wait for classes to start!

P.S.

CFA: should you accept, your next mission is to identify all the posters your classes by the end of the Fall semester. This post will self destruct in 10 hours.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anybody hear from NYU confirming that their Kroll process was complete?

I heard from Kroll twice during my verification process, once asking for my undergrad transcripts and then when they couldnt successfully reach my ex-employer. On July 25th Kroll rep. informed me that all my services were complete, but I havent heard from the University yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2MuchFun wrote:
No, it wasn't hard and I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be showing up at my apartment with a pick-ax anytime soon. Luckily, you didn't appear in the NYS Prison Database. In reality, your extensive efforts just made me curious, so I figured why not a little tit-for-tat. Honestly, the analysis is pretty sweet and I did appreciate it. Seriously, no assasination intended and I'm sure we'll laugh about this over a beer in a few months (less you'll be too busy pursuing your true loves). I was just teasing you bro and my apologies if you took it that way. Paging Dr. Phil ...

Folks, let's stop beating each other up in this public forum and get back to the civil debate/info sharing that we have been doing for so long since we started posting in this thread.

CFA22 did some excellent analysis and he helped a lot of people, including me, by answering some of our questions we badly needed answers for until we got the admit. Maybe, he infuriated some like 2MuchFun in the process.

Whatever happened so far, let's forget about it. Most of us, I wish all of us, are going to be classmates. Let's start getting to know each other on a positive note, not through bitter conflicts and accusations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
i agree....we should focus our venom towards kroll and why they are taking so darn long
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaatbigapple wrote:
2MuchFun wrote:

Folks, let's stop beating each other up in this public forum and get back to the civil debate/info sharing that we have been doing for so long since we started posting in this thread.

CFA22 did some excellent analysis and he helped a lot of people, including me, by answering some of our questions we badly needed answers for until we got the admit. Maybe, he infuriated some like 2MuchFun in the process.

Whatever happened so far, let's forget about it. Most of us, I wish all of us, are going to be classmates. Let's start getting to know each other on a positive note, not through bitter conflicts and accusations.

It was done in jest. I believe that CFA is well liked and respected :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
At least somebody has a sense of humor ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FYI, the latest db count is 405 this afternoon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Still waiting, desperately. anyone there?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
SternPT wrote:
FYI, the latest db count is 405 this afternoon.

405...hmmm. Is it still at 405 now? I know there is a lag with the DB, but I thought the count would be higher. Not complaining or anything as a waitlister, just thought it's interesting.
Intern
Intern
:-D

Originally posted by NYUorbust on 07 Aug 2008, 16:50.
Last edited by NYUorbust on 15 Aug 2008, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
I sincerely hope all your wailisters get in. If I were in your shoe, I would write a little essay to update my current status and show interest to the adcom. I wouldn't reiterate what I put in the application, but something more significant that you feel would strengten your app. Then we can form GMAT club co-hort...haha

Okay, on a serious note, I think it would be benefitial for all of us to meet before orientation. I am in the MBA program partly about MBA for networking, and I am really looking forward to meet all of you in September. Since we have a month to go, I am willing to organize a little get together if enough people are interested. Let me know if you guys are up for it.

bkk
Intern
Intern
:-D

Originally posted by NYUorbust on 07 Aug 2008, 19:20.
Last edited by NYUorbust on 15 Aug 2008, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  60