Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 23:44 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 23:44
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 786 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink]
If you don’t have your status check password a week or so after the deadline, I’d definitely call NYU to check. If they emailed it, then they’ll just re-email it. If they didn’t email it, then they will be able to check and see what’s going on.

As far as missing info, here’s my story. I applied on May 1 and received my status check password a week or so later. At that time, my status check showed the generic message. Then, during the first week of June, I was notified by email that NYU needed a transcript. When I did a status check after that, the site indicated that my app was incomplete and it also specified exactly what NYU needed from me. It only took me a few days to get the papers to NYU, and it took NYU about 2 days to register it. After that, my status check site showed that all the info they asked for was received and it also said the original generic message. My admit notice came a little under 2 weeks later.

Basically, if NYU wants you, you’re not going to be kept out for trivial things like slightly late letters of rec. or a missing doc (if you can get it to them quickly). Don’t sweat this stuff.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Send PM
Thanks Tenore....

** sigh of relief **
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I received my user name and password yesterday. The note should come from "appstat" and the subject line is NYU Stern MBA application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
speedyhead, when did you submit your app? Also, what are your stats if you dont mind sharing..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I submitted everything online (except transcripts) on Sunday, 9/14. I mailed my undergrad transcripts last Friday, 9/12. Stats to follow (I have to figure out what everything means!)...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My profile is:

Race/Sex: White Female
Undergrad: State School, BBA Finance, 2.69 GPA (hence the reason I submitted Optional Essay 4!)
GMAT: 640 (40 Quant, 39 Verbal)
8 yrs WE (last four in Advertising with same company)
Excellent career and salary progression
Excellent recommendations

What did everyone submit for Essay 3? I wrote a comedic piece about myself.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Speedyhead..

I got confirmation today! Reg, 3rd essay, i didn't do any creative stuff..i wrote about my personality outside the work ..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the status check mail today. My boss is out of office and he has not submitted my recommendation yet. I called up NYU today and they said its not a big issue as the apps have not been presented to the admission commitee yet for review. However, they suggested me to follow up and speed up the submission. So i guess there is no strict deadlines to be scared off!!!

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
speedyhead wrote:
My profile is:

Race/Sex: White Female
Undergrad: State School, BBA Finance, 2.69 GPA (hence the reason I submitted Optional Essay 4!)
GMAT: 640 (40 Quant, 39 Verbal)
8 yrs WE (last four in Advertising with same company)
Excellent career and salary progression
Excellent recommendations

What did everyone submit for Essay 3? I wrote a comedic piece about myself.

Sounds very similar to my profile from last semester. I'm not trying to be discouraging but if I were you, I'd just try to study for GMAT and retake it now. They will take the new score and replace the old one.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bozo190101 wrote:
neelesh wrote:
I really hope what you are saying is true...it would be very disappointing to see my application go under the pile just because of this.... fingers crossed....

On a side not I was speaking to some of the current part-time students and they said that the number of applicants this year is up 40% compared to previous years....

I think you'll be fine. Check your spam because this email cmes under appstat and the first time round mine went to spam.

wowow...why is it up by 40%?? I would assume full time would be up by 40% or more because of the job losses.

Funnily, I did not receive any email from Stern similar to yours. And hadn't the first time round either. Weird! Good luck! Am sure it will be fine.

Full time # would be up because people are getting laid off, out of jobs.
Part Time # would be up because people don't want to leave their current job with uncertainty on job offers post full-time graduation.

=> We're screwed either way!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yubjun,

Thank you for your advice. If I am denied admission, I will certainly retake the test and reapply.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi, All.

Are we going to meet tougher competition? because many laid-off IB guys will apply. Any insight?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have been stalking for a while, but decided to finally register and liven up this thread--it's not nearly as active as previous semesters :) Submitted my app last week, now obsessively checking the status website even though I know it's way too early...

It's interesting because the deadline came around the same time as the IB layoffs. Like some other posters have said tho, you'd think there'd be a big increase in full-time apps and less of an effect on part-time. At least, that's what I hope!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
speedyhead wrote:
yubjun,

Thank you for your advice. If I am denied admission, I will certainly retake the test and reapply.

Actually, this may work out OK for you. I actually took the same approach as you, and then got dinged July 31, which didn't give me much time to study for GMAT since Spring 2009 app was due Sep 15. Basically, I wish I had planned ahead for the worst, which was not unlikely, and studied for GMAT while waiting for the result.

But since Fall 2009 app won't be due till May 15, you may have enough time to study again and retake it (at least 3 to 4 months), after you get the result back..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone else out there applying/applied for spring 09? anyone lucky enough to have heard back yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tm1234 wrote:
anyone else out there applying/applied for spring 09? anyone lucky enough to have heard back yet?

nothing at all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 786 [0]
Send PM
I went through last year's thread. First acceptance on the forum was around Oct 5th. And another handful the following week. By end of October the DB count was at 100. This is going to be a slow and painful wait guys.. this is just the beginning.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10