Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi again,

Certifications are a good way of showing accomplishment.

I am always a bit fascinated by the reluctance of candidates to take additional coursework since this is the best way of showing that they can succeed in the classroom. I concede it is not feasible for many students to take these courses but many candidates dismiss them far too quickly.

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
Hi again,

Certifications are a good way of showing accomplishment.

I am always a bit fascinated by the reluctance of candidates to take additional coursework since this is the best way of showing that they can succeed in the classroom. I concede it is not feasible for many students to take these courses but many candidates dismiss them far too quickly.

Hjort

Isn't it kind of late for me though? I wanted to do first round application for for the scholarship that I'm planning to apply for. I have to apply directly through the scholarship program rather than the schools except for UNC-Chapel Hill. First application deadline is December 1st. Class starts today in most of the universities around here so I'm not sure if I can still get in as a continuing education student. Would you advice that I apply with the second application pool in order to take classes to demonstrate my abilities or should I go ahead with my application process for December and just let them know how I'm doing in the classroom (maybe the teacher would right me a note)?

Thanks for your advices.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good point. Considering the scholarship requirements it would make sense to apply in the first round this year. I tend to take a long range view of admissions so that if a candidate is not accepted to a school that meets her interests this year, taking additional courses puts her in a better position for the next application year. In addition, these courses can provide a useful way of readjusting to the academic realm. Note that many continuing education courses have relatively short admissions processes. Further, quarter system schools will not start for another few weeks.

Hjort
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Your application certainly isn't a lost cause, but it will require some effort to overcome the setback.

Certainly your GMAT will be a big piece of it. You really should be shooting for the mean score of admits for the schools you mentioned, given your GPA. This is especially the fact since it doesn't sound like you have the time to take a couple extra courses to prove your capabilities in the classroom.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]