Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:07 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare Marketing
Schools:R1 - Kellogg, Tuck (W), Yale, Cornell, R2- Haas, Ross, R3 - Foster
 Q46  V37
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Sloan, Stanford
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Haas R2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink]
RJ wrote:
I submitted in R2 on December 8 and today I received a mail from admissions saying that my application is under review and I would need to submit my original transcripts later in the process. Does anybody have any idea...how long it takes to get an Interview invite once the application goes under review?

Last year interview invites went out in mid- to late February. You can see the trend on page 15 by clicking on my timeline link.

KR
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare Marketing
Schools:R1 - Kellogg, Tuck (W), Yale, Cornell, R2- Haas, Ross, R3 - Foster
 Q46  V37
Send PM
kruton wrote:
RJ wrote:
I submitted in R2 on December 8 and today I received a mail from admissions saying that my application is under review and I would need to submit my original transcripts later in the process. Does anybody have any idea...how long it takes to get an Interview invite once the application goes under review?

Last year interview invites went out in mid- to late February. You can see the trend on page 15 by clicking on my timeline link.

KR

Thanks Kruton...but isn't it a lot of time to invite for interview after initial review of the application...almost two months. And yes I saw your trend page...pretty impressive!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
First of all, CONGRATS SOLAR! :) I'm sure more interview invites will go out soon. Remember, Berkeley does not extend an invitation until at least two adcoms have read your entire application through. So if you're invited, it definitely means you're a top candidate for Berkeley. That also explains a little bit why it takes so long for Berkeley to send out interview invites.

garun77 wrote:
Cool stuff, Kruton. Helped to calm my nerves a little bit :-) BTW, I found this very interesting article about Haas experience by a guy that belongs to Class of 2010. Here is the link:

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/co ... tion=link1

Yup, Toby is one of the 8 students selected to write 14 articles for BW over the next 2 years on his experience at Haas. So stay tuned on those student experiences. When you do get admitted to Haas, you'll get to meet him personally. He's a great guy! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Haas R2
Send PM
Are the Super Saturdays going to be January 17, 2009, and March 7, 2009? I noticed Peter Johnson wrote something that made me doubt this:
Quote:
Round 1 interview invitations will begin going out the week of December 8th and will continue until the Round 1 notification date or January 28, 2009. For tips on how to prepare for an interview, listen to our interview podcast.

I've started to put things on the Fall 2009 timeline.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
 Q51  V41
Send PM
kruton wrote:
Are the Super Saturdays going to be January 17, 2009, and March 7, 2009? I noticed Peter Johnson wrote something that made me doubt this:
Quote:
Round 1 interview invitations will begin going out the week of December 8th and will continue until the Round 1 notification date or January 28, 2009. For tips on how to prepare for an interview, listen to our interview podcast.

Yup, but interviews do NOT necessarily have to be on Super Saturday. You can decline a SS interview (they highly discourage it) and choose to do a local alum interview instead. Also, many Californians and international applicants will not get invited to SS. So you could have an interview near the 1/28 deadline and still get accepted by the date.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
kruton wrote:
Quote:

Hey, thanks kruton. I love those smileys' expressions.
I received an email from the admissions yesterday after the first R2 review notification. Here's a part of the email.

Quote:
Please note that our Admissions Committee takes great pride in reading and evaluating applications for admission. Every application, regardless of GPA, GMAT, or number of years of work experience, is read by a minimum of two readers. In many instances, an application is read by three readers, and sometimes four. As a result, it will take some time before we begin to extend our interview invitations. Please be patient as you await word from us. We anticipate issuing our first Round Two interview invitations in late January, and we will continue to issue invitations through the month of February and into early March.

Also, please note that you should not be discouraged if you do not receive an interview invitation by our Round Two notification deadline of March 18. Some Round Two applicants will be offered a place on the waitlist without having been interviewed; such waitlisted candidates are welcome to schedule an interview in late March.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:Columbia, Haas, IESE, Yale, Fuqua, Darden, NYU, Georgetown
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Hmm mine was different what gives?

Dear __________,
Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Berkeley MBA Program at the Haas School of Business. Your file is now ready for review by the admissions committee. Application decisions for complete files will be released on the response dates specified on the application form, and you can check your application status online at https://ssl.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/application.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident and you are planning to apply for federal financial aid, please be sure to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at https://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The FAFSA lists a filing deadline of March 2, 2009 for California, however, this deadline applies primarily to Undergraduate students seeking state aid. As a graduate student the March deadline does not apply, and you can file at any time for loans. Since this form is used by all US institutions providing government-subsidized aid, the results will apply to any program to which you are admitted.
Best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
smokedpotatoes, that just means they have everything they need from you. With everyone who got the other e-mail, the staff probably hasn't made a complete file for them yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
smokedpotatoes wrote:

I received the same email before this one I posted above. Now I am a little suspicious about this second email. Because its reply-to email is <403632.haas_mba@myvippage.net>. Also the blog link in the email would direct me to something like https://connect2.askadmissions.net/haas_ ... aspx?qs=... (please don't click. I haven't checked what it is.)

It looks like a spam. Now my question is how they found my contact and know that I am applying for Haas. The Internet is a scary place.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sng wrote:
smokedpotatoes wrote:

I received the same email before this one I posted above. Now I am a little suspicious about this second email. Because its reply-to email is <403632.haas_mba@myvippage.net>. Also the blog link in the email would direct me to something like https://connect2.askadmissions.net/haas_ ... aspx?qs=... (please don't click. I haven't checked what it is.)

It looks like a spam. Now my question is how they found my contact and know that I am applying for Haas. The Internet is a scary place.

I don't think it is spam. I got the same email after i submitted my appl., in fact I got both the emails. I got the detailed mail a lot later, Dec 6th roundabouts. And the link in that mail transfers to the Berkeley FT MBA program page.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
i know we're not supposed to be worrying about getting an interview invite - but kruton's timeline (however representative it is of the entire applicant pool) makes it seem odd that only 2 invites have gone out thus far. i even wandered over to the bw forums (*gasp*) and there's been quite a few invites extended to ss there. i'm hoping there's a flurry of them in the next few days! it's soo hard to wait and not lose hope and start to question the strength of my essays as i'm writing the rest of r2s.

good luck to all and hoping you're more at ease than i am. :knight
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Tech, GM
Schools:Berkeley (R1\WL), Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
Kudos
peaceyall wrote:
i know we're not supposed to be worrying about getting an interview invite - but kruton's timeline (however representative it is of the entire applicant pool) makes it seem odd that only 2 invites have gone out thus far. i even wandered over to the bw forums (*gasp*) and there's been quite a few invites extended to ss there. i'm hoping there's a flurry of them in the next few days! it's soo hard to wait and not lose hope and start to question the strength of my essays as i'm writing the rest of r2s.

good luck to all and hoping you're more at ease than i am. :knight

I feel you. When internationals at BW forums are getting invites, it is hard not to wonder whether you are telling are right story.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media &amp; Entertainment
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Well, offices close next Tuesday at Haas, so the adcom should have more time to read and thus send out more invites. I got mine 12/28, so no need to panic yet. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
all quiet on the western front? Any more SS invites?
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
i just got my ss invite, literally 1 minute ago! so relieved :lol: now i'm feeling a lot better about my r2 apps, so keep your hopes alive!

edit: adding that my application status has not yet changed.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg, Chicago, Yale, Stanford, Haas
Send PM
I just got one too!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
congrats peaceyall!!! :) Are you coming to Super Saturday?

That makes 3 invites now.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  32