Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 20:13 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 20:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: MSF/MFin Fall 2010 Applicants Get In Here [#permalink]
I was scheduled for a phone interview with Vanderbilt, my first choice. Any advice on what to be ready for would be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Student 1258: Be ready for the usual questions (i.e. Why Vanderbilt? Why Finance? Tell me about yourself.). In addition, Vandy uses behavioral interviewing questions for the MSF program. These are pretty standard questions you would find in most job interviews (questions like, "give me an example of time you worked in a group with this constraint" or "tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to complete a task", etc.). You can find a whole list of questions like this if you google behavioral interviewing questions. Just prep for most of them and you'll be fine. My interview was 35 mins including questions so it'll be over before you know it. Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Student1258,

nbd52 pretty much hit the nail on the head. additionally, make sure you can discuss your career goals, both short-term and long-term. Overall, it was a pretty laid back interview. The interviewer was very friendly and not at all intimidating. The phone call is also great time to get an admissions employee to answer any questions you might have. Take advantage of that. Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I just got an email from Princeton inviting me for a telephone interview.. (MFin)
has anyone already taken interview for Princeton Mfin? can anyone help me with what sort of questions I should expect?
(do they ask technical questions?)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey wsh, I haven't seen anyone in this thread say they have applied to the Princeton MSF and get an interview, so congrats on that (getting an interview there is quite the accomplishment by itself). I have read a few other threads (older ones from ppl who were applying in 2008, I think the thread is titled 2008 MSF appicants or something like that). A poster by the name of bcbheel got into Princeton in 2008 and spoke a little about the interview he/she had. Search the forum and you should find something. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey, here is the link for some discussion of the Princeton interview. https://gmatclub.com/forum/anyone-applyi ... 55238.html

Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats on getting to the interview stage, wshwang. unfortunately for me, i didn't have the math background to apply there. it looks like nbd52 already posted the discussion on the princeton interview so i won't bother. good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nbd52,

did vandy mention anything about financial aid on your admissions call? i know they don't give much, but i'm hoping they will include info on that in the admission package they mail to me. did you get your package yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
blopez0487, nbd52,

cheers mates!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Blopez: the lady that called me said they were offering me a 10k scholarship and that details would be sent along with my admissions letter in the mail. So far I haven't received my package. I'm not too worried about it though. Since the deadline for notifying students about admissions is Jan. 22nd they may wait until they have notified all round 1 applicants before sending the package. So there might be a long wait before the package comes. How about you? Did they mention scholarship/financial aid stuff in your admissions call?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
nbd52,

unfortunately, the woman who called didn't say anything about financial aid. since they made it a point to notify you of that on the phone, i'm guessing i didn't get any kind of scholarship offer. oh well. hopefully that won't keep me from attending.

congrats on your scholarship!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
also just out of curiosity...i've also been accepted to Purdue's MSF. Do you have any thoughts on that program, nbd?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't know much about the Purdue MSF. I just looked at their class profile and core curriculum. Both look very good (especially the 55/45 female/male student ratio :) ). I couldn't find anything on job placement for the program. From what I saw it looks like a solid program though. What are your thoughts? Vandy over Purdue or vice versus?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I just got an admission from Bentley's MS in Finance program with about 50% scholarship. I really like their quant concentration curriculum so I'm pretty happy :) but I'll visit them in the next couple of weeks to get some more details about placement data and employment opportunities. Waiting on MIT and BC in april.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
congrats breakenter. I don't know much about Bentley MSF but an admit notice is always a good thing. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Blopez: Are you planning on going to the Vanderbilt Discover Weekend event? I'm planning
on going since I've never been to Nashville or seen Vanderbilt.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think I like Vanderbilt a bit more than Purdue. It seems like their program has a better reputation (Purdue's is very very new, more so than Vandy's), and I like their curriculum more. Vandy is a little more expensive, but hopefully I can get some sort of scholarship from them. Purdue doesn't give any scholarships. I don't think WashU does either.

As of now, I don't think I'll be attending the Discover Weekend. I have plans that seem pretty set in stone for that weekend, so I'm going to try to visit the campus at some other time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3131 posts