Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Good GPA at weaker school? [#permalink]
Wow! Very informative posts from both of you, especially ManhattanReview. I appreciate it! I'll definitely be checking out your services once I start my apps.

Another question: I'm 22 now, soon to be 23 this year. Is my age going to bring down my application at top 15 schools? I've been reading that average ages are trending downward, but not as low as 23. I'll be focusing in marketing.

Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Send PM
Vsw00t,

As a MBA student at University of Chicago, I had classmates with an age range of 21-45, with an average age of 27. The youngest member had entered the MBA program directly after her undergraduate degree, and still obtained a choice job after graduation.

Age is a factor in MBA admissions, but not necessarily one of the largest ones. We have already established that you have a strong GPA. Other aspects that you should focus on to ensure a strong application are quality of your essays, clear career goals, and the reasons why you are applying to a MBA program now, versus two years later. Although your age/fewer years of work experience might be seen as a gap, essays/letters of recommendation that clearly establish that you have the career need (through essays) and capabilities (through letters) to be a part of the incoming MBA class would help to mitigate it.

Thinking about this would be a good exercise for your overall MBA application as well, and help you clearly evaluate the reasons for yourself on why you are applying for a MBA this year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:UCLA, INSEAD
Send PM
For you the GPA component looks solid. I don't think you have anything to be anxious about there. You should spend your energy focusing on what you can do to make the other aspects of your application that are under your control stronger.
GMAT Club Bot