Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 10:37 It is currently 23 May 2024, 10:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Booth (admitted R1), NYU (interview Mar 4), UT (withdrawn), Rice (admitted R2) plus dings at HBS, Stanford, Wharton and CBS
 Q45  V46
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Oil and gas
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
gkumar wrote:
Does anyone know how to visit the campus on a weekend (weekend of 20th)? Is there a tour, or some classes that I can sit in?

Unless they have something planned for the 20th (and for the last 2 years they always do booth live on just one day, the friday) - you will find a nearly completely empty building with no more than a handful of students, no classes, no professors, certain floors locked off, etc.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
tdave wrote:
Paging Dr. Rhyme - stat! Booth applicants seriously confused and anxiety-ridden! Your insight needed urgently! Paging Dr. Rhyme - stat!
:)

HEY! I was sleeping!

Damn pager.

Look, here's the dilly:

* You will not be interviewed by someone who has read your application. That is the case for both students and adcom staff.
* If you interview on campus, you will be interviewed by a student. There is a remote possibility it will be an adcom member, occasionally they do backfill slots when demand exceeds supply or when there's a need. Regardless, the school will ensure its not an adcom that has read your app.
* Not all adcoms read every app. It would be impossible.
* The interview is not a phase-gate.
* You are being evaluated on fit -- that means everything from intellectual curiosity, to why mba, why booth, your background, interests, history, plans, goals, etc. Honestly, I think 50% of the interview is just trying to figure out if you are an ass**** or otherwise just not the kind of person you would want representing your brand/school.
* Recall that the interviewer is just a single data point - and a small one at that.
* At committee there is someone who is your proponent - someone who wants you to be admitted - they make a case for your admission to the rest of the adcoms and you are then debated. The debate could be on anything - leadership background, your teamwork skills, your interview, your GMAT, your poor undergraduate grades, your fit, whatever.

Bottom line....

relax.... breathe in... breathe out... just be yourself and enjoy the interview like youd enjoy a coffee chat with a friend (but keep it professional).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [0]
Send PM
JUST IN CASE ANYONE MISSED IT

GMATCLUB CHICAGOLAND GET-TOGETHER 2/18 6PM FADO IRISH PUB

SEE: chicagoland-drinks-meetup-2-18-6pm-fado-irish-pub-90127.html

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Kudos
rhyme wrote:
tdave wrote:
Paging Dr. Rhyme - stat! Booth applicants seriously confused and anxiety-ridden! Your insight needed urgently! Paging Dr. Rhyme - stat!

HEY! I was sleeping!

Damn pager.

Look, here's the dilly:

* You will not be interviewed by someone who has read your application. That is the case for both students and adcom staff.
* If you interview on campus, you will be interviewed by a student. There is a remote possibility it will be an adcom member, occasionally they do backfill slots when demand exceeds supply or when there's a need. Regardless, the school will ensure its not an adcom that has read your app.
* You are being evaluated on fit -- that means everything from intellectual curiosity, to why mba, why booth, your background, interests, history, plans, goals, etc. Honestly, I think 50% of the interview is just trying to figure out if you are an ass**** or otherwise just not the kind of person you would want representing your brand/school.
* Recall that the interviewer is just a single data point - and a small one at that.
* At committee there is someone who is your proponent - someone who wants you to be admitted - they make a case for your admission to the rest of the adcoms and you are then debated. The debate could be on anything - leadership background, your teamwork skills, your interview, your GMAT, your poor undergraduate grades, your fit, whatever.

Bottom line....

relax.... breathe in... breathe out... just be yourself and enjoy the interview like youd enjoy a coffee chat with a friend (but keep it professional).

Rhyme, you are the man...and you know it...

I will send a petition to school so you can be the next Dean Snyder!! LOL...

BTW: I know it's pretty obvious but wear business attire, even if your alum interviewer decided to own a small margarita pub in Cancun...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Finally got an interview. Woot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Kudos
I too just got an invitation!
Frankly, I'm surprised. I had consistently been half-lifing down to resignation with each day that passed, and yesterday I was well below the one-percent-remaining mark as far as hopefulness. (Yes, I just compared the waiting process to radioactive decay.)

Just goes to show there's still a chance for the rest of you who are waiting! Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Top B-School
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
Frankly, I'm surprised. I had consistently been half-lifing down to resignation with each day that passed, and yesterday I was well below the one-percent-remaining mark as far as hopefulness. (Yes, I just compared the waiting process to radioactive decay.)

Just goes to show there's still a chance for the rest of you who are waiting! Good luck to all!

Oh this is the best news I have had all day! Congratulations! I was silently rooting for you! Given how witty you are, I would have been a bit puzzled if you did not get an invite. Again, congratulations!

*big hug*
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Top B-School
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
tdave wrote:

HEY! I was sleeping!

Damn pager.

Look, here's the dilly:

Bottom line....

Oh Dr. Rhyme, I just knew you would bust through the doors, come up through the floor, just in the nick of time to save me! Thank you, Rhyme! I hope you're on Booth's payroll because your advice is just pure gold.

ps - 10 Kudo's for whoever knows where my first line is from!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [2]
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Kudos
tdave wrote:
Aenigma wrote:

Oh this is the best news I have had all day! Congratulations! I was silently rooting for you! Given how witty you are, I would have been a bit puzzled if you did not get an invite. Again, congratulations!

*big hug*

Thanks so much, tdave! I feel so grateful to be part of such a supportive community on these forums. Still puzzled about the invite but at this point I'm thinking maybe they thought my PowerPoint was some kind of post-modern ironic send-up of their question. Like that urban legend about the philosophy class where the final exam consists of just one question: "Why?" And the only student to get an A on the exam simply wrote "Why not?"

Chicago: "PowerPoint!"
Aenigma: "gargggglemarphenpictureyellowgrrrrrumphlepicturefacerockgaaaaaa"
Chicago: "Invite!(?)"

This is what happens when you claim to value the intellectually curious. You occasionally end up with the simply: ...curious.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
tdave wrote:

HEY! I was sleeping!

Damn pager.

Look, here's the dilly:

Bottom line....

Awesome Rhyme. Thanks for the useful advice. Unfortunately for me, Live is a weekday or day event and not an weekend or evening one, which makes it difficult for me to escape work and attend. But I'll do my best to explore campus the following day!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Invite received today.......
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Congrats, Aenigma!! Haha, you have a lot of semi-anonymous fans on these boards, apparently.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
I got an interview invite today as well. I had about given up hope seeing as the deadline is next week. Super excited though. Just need to figure out if I want to interview locally or in Chicago.

Edit: Man I just looked at the interview times and the only thing available is on Saturday. So much for sitting in on a class I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
For those that got invites today, CONGRATS! Care to share when your app went complete?
Still (anxiously) waiting for one. Mine went complete on 1/27 and if theres any credibility in the "apps are reviewed in the order they are received/went complete", then there's still hope. Else I need to move on ..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
 Q48  V47
Send PM
I submitted on 1/6 and my application went complete on 1/21.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
I submitted on 1/6 and my app went complete on 1/26.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance & Entrepreneurship
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q50  V37 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V40
WE 1: Oil/Energy/Engineering/Construction
Send PM
I applied R2 and my app went complete sometime early-mid January. No word since. I've officially given up hope. Booth was my top choice. The only communication I recieved were those teasers for live chats. What a disappointment!!! :x

Profile:

M/27/US Citizen

Decent UG GPA (perfect alt. transcript)/ Top 10 public school/ Biochemical & Chemical Engineering / 740 Gmat / 4+ WE (Oil & gas, Engineering & Construction)/Good Extracurriculars

Applied to:
Program: MBA FT
Focus: Entrepreneurship
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  74   75   76   77   78  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts