Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 22:02 It is currently 07 May 2024, 22:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Tepper Class of 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
 Q49  V41
WE 1: insurance
WE 2: IT
Send PM
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink]
Congrates . Really happy for you. I just looked at your profile, where was the doubt ?

Aenigma wrote:
I too just got an invitation!
Frankly, I'm surprised. I had consistently been half-lifing down to resignation with each day that passed, and yesterday I was well below the one-percent-remaining mark as far as hopefulness. (Yes, I just compared the waiting process to radioactive decay.)

Just goes to show there's still a chance for the rest of you who are waiting! Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
 Q49  V41
WE 1: insurance
WE 2: IT
Send PM
Kudos
1) if you mention any other admission, make sure you show your extra love for the school that you are interviewing for..

2) Invites can show that you are competitive candidate. but from where is important. Give me a school thats no name no where and I will think you have low self confidence unless you can do a decent explanation of why u applied to that school. And then, go back to point 1

MBA42012 wrote:
Received an invite this morning as well; I plan on doing an off-campus interview.

During the interview, do you think it helps or hurts to mention schools that I've already been admitted to in round 1 (since I applied to Booth R2)?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Booth 2012
Send PM
Congrats Aenigma! Been rooting for you!

Aenigma wrote:
I submitted on 1/6 and my application went complete on 1/21.

Good luck!
Current Student
Send PM
Anyone going to be in Chicago next weekend for interviews?

Would love to meet up with fellow applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
egy wrote:
Congrats Aenigma! Been rooting for you!

Thanks, egy! You're going to rock it this year!
Current Student
Send PM
SalarymanJ wrote:
I got an interview invite today as well. I had about given up hope seeing as the deadline is next week. Super excited though. Just need to figure out if I want to interview locally or in Chicago.

Edit: Man I just looked at the interview times and the only thing available is on Saturday. So much for sitting in on a class I guess.

Check out Chicago Booth Live. It's a full day (on Friday 2/19) where you go to classes, learn about the school, etc. Sounds pretty awesome!
https://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/visit/gsblive.aspx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth - R2 / Kellogg - R2
Send PM
Chicago Booth Live is definitely worth it if you can make the time.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth-Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
I attended a Booth Live event in October and found it very useful to prepare my application. If you are going now, the best thing will be that there is a lot of interaction with 1st and 2nd year students and with other applicants. I would definitely recommend it.

I interviewed with alumn earlier this week. The interview was very conversational, and although he asked the typical questions- why mba, why booth, what if not accepted, leadership- I really think that fit is the most important thing the interviewer is looking for. One recommendation for all of you that will be interviewing soon is to know the school (professors, courses, clubs) and to give very good reasons of why Booth.

It happens that I will be in Chicago the week the final decision comes, I am taking it as a sign :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
i'm hoping to get lucky with a last-minute interview invite. all bets are off for me in real terms.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:NYU Stern '12
WE 1: Business Development
WE 2: Superhero- shhhhhh
Send PM
Kudos
Is Booth live for accepted/invited students only? I am going to be in Chicago next week for an interview at Kellogg, and I extended the trip till Friday evening with the hope that I get an interview invite from Booth by then. From what I gather, I doubt ill be able to schedule an interview during the time I am there (if i even get one). Would it be better to take a tour on Weds or Thurs at Booth, spending the whole day, or attend Booth live and leave early (my flight is at 6pm Friday)?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth-Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Niraja, wait until next week, I personally know people that got an invite on the last day and were accepted

Mustafaj, Booth Live is open to everybody. The event lasts a whole day, so if you are interviewing the same day you ought to miss some parts of the event. The normal day visit is campus tour, lunch with students and class visit. It also last most of the day. Each Booth Live has a theme, mine was marketing, so also have a look whether the theme would interest you. At the end of Booth Live you can join current students at LPF (starts at 4:30), which is good to mingle with them.

I am pretty sure that if you tell Admissions that you will be visiting, they will accomodate your interview.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mustafaj wrote:
Is Booth live for accepted/invited students only? I am going to be in Chicago next week for an interview at Kellogg, and I extended the trip till Friday evening with the hope that I get an interview invite from Booth by then. From what I gather, I doubt ill be able to schedule an interview during the time I am there (if i even get one). Would it be better to take a tour on Weds or Thurs at Booth, spending the whole day, or attend Booth live and leave early (my flight is at 6pm Friday)?

Join us for drniks:

chicagoland-drinks-meetup-2-18-6pm-fado-irish-pub-90127.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does anyone know if Saturday on-campus interview spots are still available? I already have mine scheduled for Wednesday, and I can't check unless I cancel that slot, which I would rather not do, lest the next spot is Mar 2nd :)

I did send an email to admissions, but didn't get a response yet, so probably won't get one until its too late.

worst case scenario, i spend 3 nights in Chicago drinking with GMAT clubbers on Thursday and LPF'ers on Friday... eh.. could do far worse than that :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
mustafaj wrote:

Join us for drniks:

5:11 on a Friday and already hammered. Like your style. :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Tepper Class of 2012
Send PM
deadlee wrote:
Does anyone know if Saturday on-campus interview spots are still available? I already have mine scheduled for Wednesday, and I can't check unless I cancel that slot, which I would rather not do, lest the next spot is Mar 2nd :)

I did send an email to admissions, but didn't get a response yet, so probably won't get one until its too late.

worst case scenario, i spend 3 nights in Chicago drinking with GMAT clubbers on Thursday and LPF'ers on Friday... eh.. could do far worse than that :)

As of this morning, Saturday Feb 27th was the only available interview slot.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:NYU Stern '12
WE 1: Business Development
WE 2: Superhero- shhhhhh
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
mustafaj wrote:

Join us for drniks:

Rhyme,
I havent received an invite to booth yet (R2 App). I should find out by Wednesday if im worthy. Might be a little too hurt to come out if I get the ding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Darden, Booth
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Kudos
yesssssss.....

i just got an interview invite!!!. was just lamenting to my wife that 17 feb is just 2 working days away and stil no news. thank god i didn't give up hope totally. and i wasn't expecting to see any mail from adcom on saturday. very happy in deed.

so to anyone out there still waiting, keep hope alive.

for roll call purpose...
submitted - 6 jan (2 hours to deadline)
went complete - 22 jan
invite for interview - 13 feb
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  75   76   77   78   79  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts