Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:41 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
As far as I know, applying in R5 reduces your chances of getting an offer. However, people are accepted in R5 (otherwise it wouldn't exist!). I reckon your GPA is a bit low (what is your class ranking?), so I guess a very good GMAT (>700) and very strong essays would strengthen your application. Why don't you apply in R4? Because of the GMAT? You can still apply even if you havent received the official GMAT report!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@ismvks

I agree with Kitsune , try to apply in R4 if possible.You will definitely need a high GMAT and good essays to make a strong case...

@Kitsune ..

Probably the things in his favor are :

1) The gpa at his school is not relative. It would rather be better interpreted as 61 % than a GPA of 6.1.
2)Indian School of Mines is a great brand (they take their intake through IIT JEE!).
3) He seems to have some great extra curriculars...

Go ahead ...prepare your app well and APPLY....

No matter what ..No1 ever got in without applying ;)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:SSE
 Q47  V39
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

good luck to all of you with your apps. I applied in R2 and got dinged after the interview.

I told bb to move the topic here, hope you don't mind.

Finally I just wanted to introduce an idea. This is just my opinion, but maybe in R4/5 they have enough 'sharks' in the class and they may look for different profiles such as people with an extraordinary achievement in music/volunteering or something like that. If your gpa/gmat is not 'impressive' but you have something like I say before, maybe you'll got a place.

Anyway, good luck again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey everyone,

My interview is this Thursday, so I'm getting a little nervous. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. The weakest part of my interview is always the end, when you're supposed to ask the interviewer questions. I'm pretty self-sufficient, so as soon as I have a question I go to the website or look for personal experiences on forums like these, etc and it never occurs to me to ask the same questions again when I've already found the answers. Of course, this always comes across as if I'm uninterested. What does everyone else usually ask? I definitely want to know what the prospects for recruitment are outside of the usual banking/finance sector since I'm interested in media, but I can't think of anything else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General engineering
Schools:LBS (going there) LSE, HEC, ESSEC (offers... but no thanks)
Send PM
@KAS1986: My interview took place at London and since it was late in the afternoon, I spent some time with students, and got to attend the information session. I can tell you I didn't have ANY question left for the interview, except for my admission of course ;-)

Just be honest, if you really did the analysis, and feel like you have every answer, just say it. Tell the interviewer where you got the information, and I'm sure it'll show you are able to find what you look for, and that you were motivated enough to spend time doing research... But I think asking a question which you don't really care about just to fill in the blank wouldn't be a good idea.

Best of luck for the big day!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow guys, best of luck on your interviews! Still no word of when the interview will be for me. Yogotiger, I think they're having trouble finding someone in Canada! :(
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
I was wondering the same thing... the questions I have, have already been answered... I am worried in case they ask me about Spain's economy or something like that :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Kitsune,

I read on someone's blog about their LBS interview experience (albeit for the MBA program). In the blogger's own experience, it is best to answer "I don't know" if you have no idea what you are talking about. His interviewer laid a few "traps" like that and asked about the European economy (the interviewer was in the financial sector and the blogger himself was not). The blogger started off trying to bluff his way through it but quickly came to his senses and simply said "I don't know to be honest". Apparently he was advised by the interviewer that it was the correct answer.

I'm not sure if this is applicable to all interviewers, but since this program is not necessarily intended for students with an undergraduate degree in economics and business, not knowing the intricacies of the economy would be perfectly acceptable in my opinion!
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Thanks anner... well I know something about the EU economy, but they will know more and I just don't wanna say something that is not completely true... hopefully everything will go fine for all of us! :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
saruba wrote:
Hey guys,

good luck to all of you with your apps. I applied in R2 and got dinged after the interview.

Tough luck mate! In your opinion, was there some factor that could have held against you while this decision was made? How was your interview experience ? Was there any feedback given to you ?
Anyways, Good luck to you on your other apps !!

BTW, waiting to hear from the adcom on the interview details. And, Good luck to all those who have their interviews scheduled up over the next few days!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow, still no details on the interview, here in Canada. Has anyone else in Canada received interview details? Or even in the rest of North America?? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
guys cud ull pls help me
im from india. im yet to giv my gmat. can i apply for d 5th stage of admisn procedure.
and how r my chances of getting in?
can i prepare for gmat in 40 days?
awaiting a quick response
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chances depends on ur profile and application...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
no visa issues as some1 said?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
rockjock wrote:
guys cud ull pls help me
im from india. im yet to giv my gmat. can i apply for d 5th stage of admisn procedure.
and how r my chances of getting in?
can i prepare for gmat in 40 days?
awaiting a quick response

IMO you might require about 100 hours of prep to crack the 700 barrier, though there have been many cases that have proven otherwise. It all depends upon you on whether you could invest that amount of time in 40 days.
Also I would suggest you to concentrate substantially on your essays and this IMO could take more time than that for your prep for GMAT. Overall you would need to work very hard to meet those deadlines for r5 on May27.
On the question of applying in r5, this has already been answered by fellow users in this thread and I would just second them. For an international applicant it would pose quite a bit of problems but then hey its not impossible.

Hope the response was quick :) Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
it was quick i must say
thank u so much
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I have my interview today at 6:30 (Eastern Time)! It is acceptable to bring a notepad with you? Every time I go on an interview I stumble over words/forget important points despite all of my preparation. I was thinking it might be a good idea to jot down some words that will trigger my memory just in case.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts