Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink]
I don't know I don't need to take summer classes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ccn wrote:
did anyone get scholarship money or anything for summer intensive at USC?

They don't offer scholarship awards for the summer. They told me the tuition is already reduced so they only offer it for the fall/spring.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the info

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello everyone, thanks for all your help.

I went in for interview with Jenna last Friday, and I found out today through online that I am admitted into the MBT Fall 2010, Full Time program!

Thank you everyone!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
wanghuaxia wrote:
hello everyone, thanks for all your help.

I went in for interview with Jenna last Friday, and I found out today through online that I am admitted into the MBT Fall 2010, Full Time program!

Thank you everyone!

Congratulations! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have a question for everyone who got in.

Did you guys write thank-you letters after the interview? I always hear that you should, but I have also heard that it could be a little too much. I am curious whether you guys wrote thank-you letters to your interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
renechen wrote:
I have a question for everyone who got in.

Did you guys write thank-you letters after the interview? I always hear that you should, but I have also heard that it could be a little too much. I am curious whether you guys wrote thank-you letters to your interviewer?

Well, I write thank you emails after all my interviews. But I got my acceptance email from USC less than 2 days after my interview, and I actually hadn't had a chance to even send my thank you yet... sooo... I doubt it makes a huge difference... but you probably should one just to be polite & professional.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I usually just email them because the mail can be slow. Just make it superdetailed tlo specific things you talked about in the interview
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for anyone who got in, there is a facebook group for USC MAcc/MBT Class of 2011
here is the link
i cant post any link here yet, just go to facebook and search USC Macc/MBT Class of 2011
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

What are my chances of getting in? Here are my stats:

gmat: 590 with 5.5 awa
UCLA extension gpa: 3.6
Undergrad at UCSD economics: 2.8
Passed AUD and REG (expected to pass all four CPA exams by summer)

- completed an internship with a mid-sized firm for 2009 tax season
- 3 years of work experience with Fortune 500 company as an analyst

* Just found out that my professor still has not submitted a rec letter. Contacted Jenna from USC and she said the submission is "probably not necessary at this point".

I know my stat isn't as strong as most of you... but I am hoping my experience and CPA exams make up for it. =) I applied towards the end of the deadline and now I'm getting really nervous about getting accepted since USC is the only school I applied for.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just take it easy!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I have a 2.99 GPA undergraduate GPA (2.90 Business administration). I have passed all 4 sections of the CPA exam and have 1.5 years of experience working as a corporate accountant/financial analyst working on solar project models. I plan on taking the GMAT in March and am hoping to get above 700 on the test.

Do you guys think my low GPA will prevent me from getting in or even getting an interview or will a high GMAT be able to compensate for this. Also how should I go about saying I am going to USC for the education when I have already passed all 4 sections of the CPA exam? How will the factor of passing all sections affect me if at all?

For those who have gone through this process please let me know what you think.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
FYI, this thread is almost 3 years old. I would repost your question in a totally new thread so that everyone can see you question more easily.

There are really too many factors to be considered to tell you about how your GPA will affect your chances. To be clear though, there are many people that have gotten into top schools with low GPA's. Not only can the GMAT help you overcome that, but every other part of your application. A 2.99 is not a death sentence at all. Plus, the farther you get away from undergrad, the less your GPA matters. You also have your CPA, which is a plus, and in most cases will allow you to skip some classes when you get your MBA.

For you to get a better answer I would pose your question here ask-admission-consultants-124/ and give as much info as you can. Include:

Desired schools
GMAT score
GPA
Extracurriculars
Etc....

With this information, you will get great responses. Also, you mentioned that you are planning on getting a 700. With the GMAT being such an important part of your application, it is hard to say how you application will look without having it completed yet. A 700 is no easy task, and could take 100s of hours of studying. It might be worth while putting all your effort towards the GMAT, and start considering the rest of your application once you have that in the bag. 700+ in 90th percentile and above, you're competing with talented individuals from around the world. the difference between a 650 and 700 is large, but may only be a few questions on test day. Give us some more info, put your post in the right area, and I'm sure you'll get some great advice.

Also, to help show you that you can have success, here is an example of admissions with low GPAs. profiles-admitted-to-top-b-schools-w-low-gmat-or-low-gpa-73999.html?kudos=1 and here low-undergrad-gpa-success-stories-79977.html Do a search on GMAT club, there are plenty of places to see advice and boost your confidence. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Any recently interview to be admitted to USC?
I have an interview in next 20 days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
same here... i have a skype interview coming up within the next couple weeks with Shirley

any advice from people who have recently done interviews would be much appreciated

tyvm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Kudos

Originally posted by badini0891 on 09 Mar 2012, 14:34.
Last edited by badini0891 on 25 Feb 2014, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
badini0891,

Thank you for your response.

I am really nervous.
Is there any other thread(s), which working on USC interview?

badini0891 wrote:
You know this thread is really old?

But anyway, the interview isn't something to freak about. Just relax. I interviewed with Shirley and she's very friendly. Be yourself. A few questions they asked that I remember off the top of my head are:
1) Why Accounting?
2) What are your plans after the MAcc?

they also asked a few questions that are really easy to answer like:
- why did you apply to the schools you applied to? and how are you going to chose the school you would want to go to?
- did you get any admits yet?

Those are a few questions I remember. The rest of the interview was more of her explaining about housing and things about the program itself rather than her asking me questions. She also asked me if I had any specific questions about the program so think about things you'd like to ask her.

I felt from the interview that they already wanted to admit me. The interview felt more like just an assurance that you're actually a good candidate. She even told me at the end of the interview "we'll let you know about our decision in two weeks, but it's most likely a yes anyway."

Good luck in the interview (to both of you) and tell us how it goes :) hope to see you in the program in June (or August if you're a Fall applicant) !

Originally posted by meweadl on 11 Mar 2012, 07:25.
Last edited by meweadl on 12 Mar 2012, 03:56, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts