Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:48 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7305 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
Re: MGMAT Test Scores [#permalink]
Kudos
I only took the first MGMAT before I took the real thing and I scored the same as you on that MGMAT and 730 on the real thing although I was hoping for more. You should be able to score 750+ on GMAT, just get enough practice of GMAC questions the week before the test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [23]
Send PM
Kudos
yeah the math on MGMAT is harder.. so expect a higher Q score...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bobinabob2,

Have you taken the real exam as yet. If you have done, could you tell me how does your MGMAT performance compared with that of the real test. I am trying to understand whether my score of the MGMAT exam is truly representative of the real test, especially the verbal portion of the exam.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
By the way guys,

I just completed the final MGMAT CAT exam and I am very disappointed, especially with my quant score.

MGMAT CAT VI - 680 (39V, 43Q)

I am not sure what to do at this point to improve my quant score. Can anyone offer any advice? Also, I have about five days to go before the real deal, can anyone share his/her preparation in the final days leading up to the exam? I

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Imperial (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
I have my GMAT next week , and have taken only GMATPrep's so far .
Today , for the first time i tried MGMAT, and got stumped by Quant Q's. I skipped quite a few of them , and had only about 5 mins left towards the end.

But , my concern is the Verbal Score . I was feeling pretty comfartable , and for a moment , i actually thought i will score higher than quant . I even finished with 15 mins left for the section .

My Scores were shocking --- 660 (Q-47 , V-33) .

I have still some part of OG10 to complete , and plan to do that for the next few days . But, the 33 on verbal doesn't help me at the moment .

I gave a GMATPrep a few days back , and scored 720(Q-49,V-38) , but again , since a lot of Q's are repeated in GMATPrep after you have finished OG , I dont know how much to take out of this .

Any pointers ppl ??? I'm pretty freaked out with my latest MGMAT scores.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Avinash
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm in the same boat, had a 760 on GMATPREP and then received 710,670,680 on MGMAT

Not sure what to make of it exactly.

Three friends in the know who already took the test swear by the accuracy of the MGMAT tests.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [8]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
I must be the outlier here. I have consistently scored way higher on my MGMAT CAT's compared to GMAT Prep, particularly on quant. Not sure what to make of it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Kudos
You really need to take GMATPrep to know for sure. I think the two together can be a pretty good indicator, but one or the other may mislead you. Based on your scores, I'd say you're in pretty good shape.

I think that the MGMAT quant is difficult and if you are scoring high on that, you shouldn't worry about quant. I think the verbal scores a little high on MGMAT (it is maybe a little easier than the real thing), so if your MGMAT verbal is low, I would concentrate on that.

In the couple of weeks before the real test, I was scoring around 710-730 on MGMAT and 740-760 on GMATPrep. I had 740 on the real thing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
 Q44  V35
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has a good estimate on how accurate are MGMAT CATs scores relative to the real GMAT score..

I've been doing a couple of these practice exams and would like to know if my score is overstated, understated or about the same to what I will get once I take the real thing.

Any thoughts or true score correlations will e greatly appreciated! :-D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72915 [2]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores [#permalink]