Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q800 V750
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores [#permalink]
Hey
Would you mind giving me your username incase your done with ur mocks ?

Thanks
you can email it to me on adya.abhinav@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I just got a V45 99%ile ... which I can't believe because I am not at all in that kind of league. I would be happy with a V35 ... so not really sure what to make of it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I think that you should deduct 50 points from Manhattan GMAT score to get your real score. I scored max 710 on Manhattan and scored 650 for the real test.

All the best
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-19-2013
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
hey guys....is the AWA section on all the 6 MGMAT tests scored by GMATWrite tool???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, Guys!
I just want to share.
A week before my GMAT I was scoring 670, 680, 680, 690 on MGMAT and 710, 720, 740 and 750 on GMAT prep. With Quant being in the 47-49 range and Verbal in 40-44 range (GMAT prep and 37-40 MGMAT). So I was pretty confident to hit the 700 on the real thing today. I was so wrong! I got 650.. Quant 45, Verbal 34!! I don't understand what went wrong to be honest, I wasn't nervous, I managed my time well and felt pretty confident through out the whole thing, but anyways it's not the point.
The math on the real thing is comparable with GMAT prep. MGMAT math is harder, but the results I was getting are pretty similar. I guess the algorithm MGMAT uses awards you points based on the quality not quantity, so to speak.
However, I found verbal on the real thing to be incomparably more difficult than that of MGMAT and especially that of GMAT prep. On GMAT prep tests, I did 4 in total (bought two additional test, so no repetitions in questions) on 3 of the 4 I got 44, 97th percentile in Verbal. On the real thing 34, 70th percentile!!! MGMAT verbal is a bit different from the real thing. The questions on MGMAT are tricky in the way they are formulated and thus are kind of time consuming, but very doable. On the real thing I found the questions to be rather easy to comprehend, however the answer choices were ambiguous! On both MGMAT and GMAT prep tests once you got the question content and the question itself it is kind of easy to find the correct answer. On the real thing everything seemed to fit!!!!!!
Anyways, I'm retaking the GMAT in a month. I'll let you know how it went.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
jascanka wrote:
Hi, Guys!
I just want to share.
A week before my GMAT I was scoring 670, 680, 680, 690 on MGMAT and 710, 720, 740 and 750 on GMAT prep. With Quant being in the 47-49 range and Verbal in 40-44 range (GMAT prep and 37-40 MGMAT). So I was pretty confident to hit the 700 on the real thing today. I was so wrong! I got 650.. Quant 45, Verbal 34!! I don't understand what went wrong to be honest, I wasn't nervous, I managed my time well and felt pretty confident through out the whole thing, but anyways it's not the point.
The math on the real thing is comparable with GMAT prep. MGMAT math is harder, but the results I was getting are pretty similar. I guess the algorithm MGMAT uses awards you points based on the quality not quantity, so to speak.
However, I found verbal on the real thing to be incomparably more difficult than that of MGMAT and especially that of GMAT prep. On GMAT prep tests, I did 4 in total (bought two additional test, so no repetitions in questions) on 3 of the 4 I got 44, 97th percentile in Verbal. On the real thing 34, 70th percentile!!! MGMAT verbal is a bit different from the real thing. The questions on MGMAT are tricky in the way they are formulated and thus are kind of time consuming, but very doable. On the real thing I found the questions to be rather easy to comprehend, however the answer choices were ambiguous! On both MGMAT and GMAT prep tests once you got the question content and the question itself it is kind of easy to find the correct answer. On the real thing everything seemed to fit!!!!!!
Anyways, I'm retaking the GMAT in a month. I'll let you know how it went.

670-690 were solid scores on the MGMAT CATS!! Tough luck. It is really strange that despite your scores in CATs and absence of any signs of anything out of the ordinary on the real GMAT you didn't score close to your expected score. I'd be interested in knowing how you go about preparing for your re-take! Wish you luck. If you feel you've exhausted most resources for mocks, I'd recommend taking GMAT Club mocks. They helped me a great deal in my prep for GMAT quant.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1111 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
I took the official gmat and got the same score as I got in MGMAT CAT. But I am sure that all these third-party tests can not fully duplicate the 'mood' of the real test. MGMAT is really ok and worth to be taken, but real gmat questions are very logical/intelligent and require less computation.

All questions were completely new. I never saw them before. But it doesnt mean that u will see any new concept or theory that u didnt study before. Question types are the same, but the questions are themselves much smarter than what we see in gmat prep
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
LalaB wrote:
I took the official gmat and got the same score as I got in MGMAT CAT. But I am sure that all these third-party tests can not fully duplicate the 'mood' of the real test. MGMAT is really ok and worth to be taken, but real gmat questions are very logical/intelligent and require less computation.

All questions were completely new. I never saw them before. But it doesnt mean that u will see any new concept or theory that u didnt study before. Question types are the same, but the questions are themselves much smarter than what we see in gmat prep

Yes, some very valid points. The actual thing will seem "much smarter" in the sense that you will see actual history passages or paragraphs about a scientific experiment, etc. Social / Historical / Scientific paragraphs/passages tend to be most common.

While the concepts tested in third-party tests are similar -- you will experience the slight difference in terms of content when you sit for the real thing. Having said that, practice tests are still a great tool for your preparation when used properly. Be careful not to run through tests without reviewing your mistakes. The review process is critical.

If you are looking for a second option, we encourage you to check out the adaptive practice test we provide here: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
My GMAT is in Aug,and I do not want to buy all the MGMAT CATS at this moment.
Is it true that you get the 7 MGMAT CATS with any MGMAT book like strategy guides etc.In that case,if i check in my local library for the book,will i be able to avail the tests.
So,if I could borrow the book from my library and make use of the CATs that come with it,it would be great.

Waiting for your replies on this.Thanks! :) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
DebWenger wrote:
My GMAT is in Aug,and I do not want to buy all the MGMAT CATS at this moment.
Is it true that you get the 7 MGMAT CATS with any MGMAT book like strategy guides etc.In that case,if i check in my local library for the book,will i be able to avail the tests.
So,if I could borrow the book from my library and make use of the CATs that come with it,it would be great.

Waiting for your replies on this.Thanks! :) :)

Any manhattan guide has 6 tests included.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [11]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Kudos