It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 05:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 11:15
Is Manhattan Verbal is close to the real gmat - in terms to difficulty and type of questions?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 45

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2016, 21:31
MGMAT CATs are mindblowing. The Q questions are def a little harder, but if you've practised enough there will be zero questions you will not be able to tackle. They make you think in the right direction - by far the most important thing on the GMAT.

Strongly recommend MGMAT CATs to everyone.

My scores : 680,670,680,670,690.
Final : 700. (Was a sure shot 730 had i not missed that one V question)

PS : Had time to spare on the Q section. (After reviewing each question twice!)
ALL THANKS TO MGMAT!

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 45

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2017, 13:36
Hi all !! I just got a ,710 on manhattan gmat prep V36 and Q51. What would the difficulty of the actual gmat compared to this be?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 13:01
Hey everyone!!!
I took GMAT last year and got a 670 Q50 V31, (Veritas Prep CATs : 650 700 710,730,710; GMAT Prep :750 740)

I am taking it again this year (in 2 more days), This time I took MGMAT CAT (670,730,780,750,760) GMAT Prep (760,750) 780 is not reliable as i took it with multiple breaks in between
Last year i prepared for around 20 days.
this year I've been preping for about 2 months now, Quant I've been score 51 consistently, verbal, this time i improved a bit and getting 40+ (39 once) ...... How accurate are these MGMAT CATs and GMAT Prep??? Because last time i scored significantly lesser than what i scored on mock CATs
any reply would be helpful
thank you!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 18:31
Hey all, i would suggest to take any unofficial practice test with a pinch of salt. In my case, which is just my personal opinion, i got misleaded into the wrong direction.

I had taken a second attempt at GMAT on 6th November and scored 700. I wanted to improve my score so i targeted a preparation of shorter duration and gave another attempt yesterday.

My strategy was primarily to focus on weak areas and better timing as i always fell short of time near the end. Since i had read multiple reviews of the MGMAT mocks being on the tougher side in quants i assumed it would be a good practice timing per se. I was about to go on a spin.

I bought the tests and scored a 650 on the first mock. English was fine in score but i performed poorly in quants as i had expected. The questions were lengthier so i had to pace up more. I gave it the second time and scored a 670,with slight improvement in quants and same verbal score. Now here is the interesting part. The second time i gave the mock, i had made a point to complete entire section in time, and this gave me a better result than before. When reviewing the answers, i found that i had answered questions numbered from 15to20 wrong in a row. And also, some questions near the end. Still i got a better score than when i was deliberate in solving every question correctly as much as possible. The former doesnt work so well in the GMAT in getting you a good score. In fact if you concentrate on answering correctly since beginning, then you might get a high score, else not.
Hence this was misleading for me in quants.
Yet this is not the most ineresting part. You would remember i said that i was performing consistently in English. Surprise surprise, my english downgraded like anything. It was almost like i was in stone age and just heard about english. On the GMAC mock test i got a ghastly 27.i could not believe myself. And this is just two days before my scheduled exam. Pretending to be unperturbed, i exhausted the last test i had and scored 31. Mind you, the first mock test i had given of GMAC in August, at the very beginning of my prep, i scored 650. And as of 22nd November, i was scoring 580 AND 620 in the same mocks. I gave the GMAT on 23rd and i scored 580.

It makes me wonder if we can make a critical reasoning question out of this. A strengthen question with an option, 'unofficial tests do more harm than good'. But i knew the mods would not entertain an unofficial source here, all the more why you shouldn't as well.

And of course i would have answered this reasoning question incorrectly.

Stick to official guides and tests. Period.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2017, 18:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 65 posts ] 

Manhattan GMAT Tests vs Real GMAT Scores

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JANUARY
Math Revolution - Free Free Diagnostic Quant Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
examPAL - Free Video Course A complete on-demand GMAT course
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap