Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sorry for the intervention,

I'd like to ask truthringer why he didn't mention also Ultra Elite with a reputation in general management (e.g. Northwestern) schools when answering Scraper. It seems to me that scraper could make an outstanding application that would likely get him into the very best schools. The only weak point (in comparison with his GPA, leadership potential and unique background) may be the 650 GMAT.

Is this the only reason truthringer did not mention Kellogg or Harvard or Wharton? I'm not criticizing, I have almost no experience of MBA strategies and am eager to understand :).

Thanks,

Rob
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paradosso -- thanks for the comment -- it's good for discussion.

I certainly wasn't trying to discourage Scraper from applying to those schools. The main reason I didn't mention them is because they're the "usual suspects", so I was somewhat presuming that he's already familiar with them and their general management approach. Perhaps a bit presumptious, but when applicants ask what schools are a good match, I almost automatically assume they mean besides M7 types.

The second reason is that it appears Scraper already has several job opportunities lined up in the field in which he is interested. As such it probably isn't as *important* which school he attends. Certainly he wants to get a terrific MBA education, but there are a ton of schools that offer that. If he absolutely wanted to get into Private Equity (for example) my recommendations would've been different.

The last point does relate to the GMAT. Given my second reason, I was more inclined to name schools which I figured he'd have a good chance of getting into. That's not to say that a 650 wouldn't get him into an M7 type, but I wouldn't apply to all M7's.

Hope that clarifies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
truthringer – Thank you for the timely response. I don't have any intentions to retake the GMAT at this time. I’m adding schools to my list so that I can research them this summer. I have both Indiana and UT Austin on my list already. I looked into top ten schools, but they seem like a stretch w/ my GMAT score. Any thoughts on which 2-3 “topâ€
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you're goal is to meld your interest in healthcare with an MBA, than I think Haas would be a great fit. Johnson is a great school, traditionally quite strong in finance. Historically, however it does not have the reputation in healthcare that Haas has.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I included some schools that might interest you and similarly situated applicants across a broad admissions spectrum. Clearly, some schools would make a better fit for your circumstances than others.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]