Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 20:12 It is currently 01 May 2024, 20:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
I am really drawing a blank on the ethical dilemma question. What if you just really don't have anything from work to talk about?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
I am really drawing a blank on the ethical dilemma question. What if you just really don't have anything from work to talk about?

You had me scared there for a while so I went back to the school website to check the essay questions to make sure I was not missing something. I didn't see an ethical dilemma question for CBS. Which question are you referring to?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
NishaTG wrote:
josiebella wrote:

You had me scared there for a while so I went back to the school website to check the essay questions to make sure I was not missing something. I didn't see an ethical dilemma question for CBS. Which question are you referring to?

LOL sorry! Should've specified that it seems to be a commonly asked interview question!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Haha, okay.

A couple of questions for people who have already submitted.

1) Does the GMAT official score report we upload have to include all 4 pages? The second page includes the names of schools you submitted the score to so I'm not sure if I want the schools to see that. Is it okay to only upload the first page that shows the scores?

2) Under details of financing, it is presumptous to state Scholarship from Columbia if I haven't actually received it but I expect that scholarships/fellowships may be part of the way I finance the education?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM

Originally posted by globalcitizen on 05 Jan 2011, 00:58.
Last edited by globalcitizen on 25 Jan 2011, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business
Send PM
globalcitizen wrote:
NishaTG wrote:
Haha, okay.

A couple of questions for people who have already submitted.

1) Does the GMAT official score report we upload have to include all 4 pages? The second page includes the names of schools you submitted the score to so I'm not sure if I want the schools to see that. Is it okay to only upload the first page that shows the scores?

2) Under details of financing, it is presumptous to state Scholarship from Columbia if I haven't actually received it but I expect that scholarships/fellowships may be part of the way I finance the education?

I submitted all pages of the GMAT report...I don't think its a big deal but its up to you. If you feel more comfortable and know how to only submit one page (I don't haha!), then do it.

I think its quite reasonable to say that you'll be applying to scholarships & fellowships...but thats just my opinion

1. No, but if you get interviewed they'll ask you which schools you applied to anyway.
2. I don't know how to play this one. It may be a bit off-putting because you're assuming you'll get a scholarship.

Originally posted by cricketbeatsrugby on 05 Jan 2011, 05:11.
Last edited by cricketbeatsrugby on 05 Jan 2011, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
NishaTG wrote:
josiebella wrote:

LOL sorry! Should've specified that it seems to be a commonly asked interview question!

Be honest if you can't come up with anything. Just say that you haven't encountered any serious ethical dilemmas in your career so far. It's better to tell it straight than to make something up. But have you considered looking at ethical dilemmas that may have come up outside of work? Like in your extracurricular activities?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
That is a good suggestion, I really haven't encountered anything similar either. I thought of one work-related example that is vagueeeely ethical dilemma but it really is more kind of a strategic decision, but I will speak to it anyway and hope for the best....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Submitted the app about 12 hours ago and the status already changed to being printed and under review. Is that normal? My recommenders haven't submitted yet, although should by 5 or so... I thought all parts of the app had to be done before status changes.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Arbitrageur wrote:
RFMBA2 wrote:
Arbitrageur wrote:
My application went under review today. I submitted on Christmas, so I'm surprised at how short it took. Now the waiting game.

Did you get an email or did you just check manually?

Got an e-mail today saying that my application status has changed. I logged in, expecting to see that it went from submission to complete. I was really surprised that it went under review. This confirms my earlier belief that submitting before new year's has a big difference in terms of how long it takes before your app goes to review.

Did anyone else get an email? Mine just magically changed in mid-December to "your application is under review" and the last email I got is from October when it said "your application will be under review in December." Did anyone else's just change without an email, or should I take this as a sign...?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
RFMBA2 wrote:
Arbitrageur wrote:

Got an e-mail today saying that my application status has changed. I logged in, expecting to see that it went from submission to complete. I was really surprised that it went under review. This confirms my earlier belief that submitting before new year's has a big difference in terms of how long it takes before your app goes to review.

Did anyone else get an email? Mine just magically changed in mid-December to "your application is under review" and the last email I got is from October when it said "your application will be under review in December." Did anyone else's just change without an email, or should I take this as a sign...?

I checked mine and it is changed to Printed and prepared for review. Now is this status different from "under review" that the above posted is referring? I did not get any email by the way and I submitted Dec 31st
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
goldgoldandgold wrote:
RFMBA2 wrote:
Arbitrageur wrote:

I checked mine and it is changed to Printed and prepared for review. Now is this status different from "under review" that the above posted is referring? I did not get any email by the way and I submitted Dec 31st

Yup, mine did too. I didn't get an email from Columbia regarding this change. I submitted Sunday January 2nd evening. Does this mean the application is complete or that they're going to now check for completeness after printing it?

Your application is now being printed and prepared for review.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
My interview is tomorrow and I have prepped answers for all the typical questions: Why MBA, why Columbia, why now, why my career goals, ethical dilemma, team experience, yada yada. Also I will come up with some questions to ask the alum. Anything else you guys can think of that I need to prepare? Thanks in advance !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
w103psp wrote:
goldgoldandgold wrote:

Yup, mine did too. I didn't get an email from Columbia regarding this change. I submitted Sunday January 2nd evening. Does this mean the application is complete or that they're going to now check for completeness after printing it?

I have the same question. Is this the last status update we will recieve before an interview invite or ding?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
Send PM
Kudos
uprightcitizen wrote:
w103psp wrote:
goldgoldandgold wrote:

I have the same question. Is this the last status update we will recieve before an interview invite or ding?

No - your status will change to "Under Review" before an interview invitation is issued. If any components of your application are missing, it will show "Incomplete" until all materials have been received and attached to your file (at which point your status will change to "Under Review").

From my experience in the ED round, it can take as long as 2-4 weeks to go under review, then another 2-4 weeks to receive an invitation (though others on this forum have experienced shorter waiting periods). Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Arbitrageur wrote:
RFMBA2 wrote:
Arbitrageur wrote:
My application went under review today. I submitted on Christmas, so I'm surprised at how short it took. Now the waiting game.

Did you get an email or did you just check manually?

I submitted 3 days before christmas and mine still says, being printed for review.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Ec
Schools:Columbia (WL), Stern (admit), Fuqua (admit), Kenan-Flagler (admit - $$$)
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: boutique i bank
Send PM
Kudos
I submitted last night (1/4) and my status updated this morning to the "printed and being prepared for review" - I hope there's a status change every morning... no waiting would be great!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  127   128   129   130   131  ...  198