Last visit was: 29 May 2024, 18:18 It is currently 29 May 2024, 18:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  132   
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
VictoryMBA wrote:
Ack...that's a long wait.

Question: All other things being equal...what do you think is more important, an excellent CGSM Core Essays or an excellent school specific essay?

I know both are important, but if the adcom either had to pick the person with the killer core essays and a weak school essay, or weak core essays and a killer school essay, who gets in? (they both ranked the school #1)

I think clearly the applicant with the better CGSM essay since the whole process is all about the commitment to the mission.
Director
Director
Send PM
Ya, I actually just thought of that. Plus the career goals essay is pretty important....hahah :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:

Question: All other things being equal...what do you think is more important, an excellent CGSM Core Essays or an excellent school specific essay?

I know both are important, but if the adcom either had to pick the person with the killer core essays and a weak school essay, or weak core essays and a killer school essay, who gets in? (they both ranked the school #1)

My guess is the first essay is the most important and then the school specific essay and then the mission essay
VP
VP
Send PM
loloswims wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:

I think clearly the applicant with the better CGSM essay since the whole process is all about the commitment to the mission.

The commitment to the mission is only for acceptance to the consortium. Schools will be interested to know you are willing to give back but I don't think it's as important as the school essays.
VP
VP
Send PM
chireapplicant wrote:
How do you know that your interviewer submitted the evaluation form? I checked the VIP page and it states :-

THE CONSORTIUM INTERVIEW

Thank you for submitting your Consortium interview information. Your indicated interviewer will soon receive the evaluation form.

There should be a green check mark next to the consortium interview, along with transcripts.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just checked my vip page and it says that my app has been processed and forwarded to the schools! I honestly thought it took two to three weeks for that part. That's what an adcom member told me. I'm nervous...ha ha.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Cornell (accepted)
Send PM
Please add me to the list of Round 2 applicants for NYU, Tuck, Haas, Ross, Yale, Cornell.
VP
VP
Send PM
Is anyone even keeping a list? Maybe we should get that going. Not it, I called it first! I guess that leave someone else.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Iamnotaprimenumber wrote:
Just checked my vip page and it says that my app has been processed and forwarded to the schools! I honestly thought it took two to three weeks for that part. That's what an adcom member told me. I'm nervous...ha ha.

Actually this is the email response I received back from The Consortium:

"The apps are individually reviewed and verified as complete. At the end of each day, we release all apps verified that day. The schools receive the day’s work in a batch the next morning."

So obviously the schools don't receive the apps all at the same time. Furthermore, I imagine it will take the Consortium some time just to simply sort through all of the apps before they are even ready to be sent to the schools.
Current Student
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
Is anyone even keeping a list? Maybe we should get that going. Not it, I called it first! I guess that leave someone else.

I think it should be a moderator... jus'sayin!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
lagomez wrote:

It' be a complex list so many of applicants apply to multiple schools.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah I get that...but a director of admissions at one of my schools told me that it takes three weeks for then to even see the application once we submit it to consortium, and I just spoke to a friend who applied round 1 and was recently accepted and wondered the same thing because consortium sent out the application but she didn't get a notification from the school saying they got it for three weeks... No big deal as I'm prepared to wait obviously, just trying to understand the process.

VP
VP
Send PM
vannbj wrote:
lagomez wrote:

It' be a complex list so many of applicants apply to multiple schools.

It's been done every year except this year. Okay, not really but definitely last year. Best way is to create a spreadsheet allowing users to enter his/her information.

Normally I would do it, but like I said, not it. You know, playground rules. Those do apply here right?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="Iamnotaprimenumber"]Yeah I get that...but a director of admissions at one of my schools told me that it takes three weeks for then to even see the application once we submit it to consortium, and I just spoke to a friend who applied round 1 and was recently accepted and wondered the same thing because consortium sent out the application but she didn't get a notification from the school saying they got it for three weeks... No big deal as I'm prepared to wait obviously, just trying to understand the process.

I think the delay is great for those who would like to retest as some schools allow updated test scores to be submitted. At least Ross does.
VP
VP
Send PM
Anyone know if the rankings can be changed at this point? Do the schools receive the rankings now or do they request the rankings once an applicant has been admitted?
Current Student
Send PM
I dont think the delay is for those who are retaking the GMAT. Schools that allow late GMAT entries will simply just flag that application before reviewing it.

What could be the case though is the the consortium is waiting for all of the GMAT scores from those who took it on the deadline. While that doesn't take three weeks there could definitely be a delay.

My gut tells me that you can't change your ranking after you hit submit. Call consortium though.

Director
Director
Send PM
I would put money on it that you absolutely cannot change after you submit. I was told this at the Tuck diversity conference, and I could have sworn I read it on the app instructions, but I can't find it now. Weird. No harm in calling though.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  132   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts