Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:54 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Product management/entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
GMAT 2: 700  Q48  V38
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Send PM
Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink]
Submitted app for oxford R2
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools:UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
Send PM
any round 2 candidates?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: M&A
Schools:UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Send PM
applied to said r2, best of luck to all, cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: M&A
Schools:UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Send PM
Sorry, I asked this question earlier and actually asked it on another board as well and have received no responses - not sure if that means it's a stupid question or if no one has a perspective. I applied to Said bc it's a one year program attached to Oxford and since I will probably stay in my field it seemed like an appealing option. How does Said compare to a school like Darden in the US?

I am looking for some candid feedback beyond the rankings. After five years at looking at these inane numbers, I can confidently say that Harvard, Stanford, Chicago, Kellogg, Wharton, LBS and INSEAD are consistently the top schools, beyond that I think they are of little value. Thanks team, much appreciated, cheers!

@ingoditrust: I went to Kelley undergrad, be sure to reach out if you have any questions about the program or bloomington in general, I can give you the low-down.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ntenzer wrote:
Sorry, I asked this question earlier and actually asked it on another board as well and have received no responses - not sure if that means it's a stupid question or if no one has a perspective. I applied to Said bc it's a one year program attached to Oxford and since I will probably stay in my field it seemed like an appealing option. How does Said compare to a school like Darden in the US?

I am looking for some candid feedback beyond the rankings. After five years at looking at these inane numbers, I can confidently say that Harvard, Stanford, Chicago, Kellogg, Wharton, LBS and INSEAD are consistently the top schools, beyond that I think they are of little value. Thanks team, much appreciated, cheers!

@ingoditrust: I went to Kelley undergrad, be sure to reach out if you have any questions about the program or bloomington in general, I can give you the low-down.

Here are my 2 cents for the first part:

If you want to stay in US then Darden should be your choice but if you want to stay in EU or Asia oxford is a better option. Oxford is on an upward swing in rankings as well as reputation. From what I have heard and read on different forums Oxford in next 5-10 years will end up in top 10 international mba schools so 5 years down the line you can say I am from this top school ( if it matters). On the other hand if you look at Darden it has not moved up a lot in rankings and has stayed put in top 15 schools of USA. Oxford gives you the "Oxford" brand, which is known everywhere in world. A brand that you can leverage on later in your career.

Honestly if I had the luxury to chose between Darden and Oxford I would go for oxford as the school gives me a better opportunity to reach my goals. So it depends on your goals and which school gives a better opportunity to reach your goals.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:Tuck, Duke, Cambridge, Said
Send PM
ingoditrust wrote:
ntenzer wrote:

Here are my 2 cents for the first part:

If you want to stay in US then Darden should be your choice but if you want to stay in EU or Asia oxford is a better option. Oxford is on an upward swing in rankings as well as reputation. From what I have heard and read on different forums Oxford in next 5-10 years will end up in top 10 international mba schools so 5 years down the line you can say I am from this top school ( if it matters). On the other hand if you look at Darden it has not moved up a lot in rankings and has stayed put in top 15 schools of USA. Oxford gives you the "Oxford" brand, which is known everywhere in world. A brand that you can leverage on later in your career.

Honestly if I had the luxury to chose between Darden and Oxford I would go for oxford as the school gives me a better opportunity to reach my goals. So it depends on your goals and which school gives a better opportunity to reach your goals.

I agree with ingoditrust as well. Depends on yr post MBA goals. Where do you want to work and if you want a little bit more global network (Oxford) or a network which is largely concentrated in US.

Either way, both good schools. ATB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Do I still have great career prospects in the EU if I graduate from a top US B-school ? Or I`d better go to LBS, Said, Judge, Insead, or IMD ?

Originally posted by Ivan91 on 20 Jan 2011, 17:55.
Last edited by Ivan91 on 21 Jan 2011, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Ivan91 wrote:
Do I ll stihave great career prospects in the EU if I graduate from a top US B-school ? Or I`d better go to LBS, Said, Judge, Insead, or IMD ?

To your first question the answer is NO until unless the schools are H/S/W. Otherwise you are better off with LBS, Said, Judge, INSEAD or IMD.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Berkeley and Columbia are well known in Europe.

But Saïd/Judge versus Berkeley/Columbia for working in Europe? That's a close call. Check with alumni of each schools to get their point of view.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
any news from Judge??? It is pretty much my top choice as it fits my career goals. I applied R3 and waiting for an interview...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ingoditrust wrote:
Ivan91 wrote:
Do I ll stihave great career prospects in the EU if I graduate from a top US B-school ? Or I`d better go to LBS, Said, Judge, Insead, or IMD ?

To your first question the answer is NO until unless the schools are H/S/W. Otherwise you are better off with LBS, Said, Judge, INSEAD or IMD.

Thank you and sorry for my illiterate writing. I fixed it ;]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
rkn wrote:
any news from Judge??? It is pretty much my top choice as it fits my career goals. I applied R3 and waiting for an interview...

I only heard by rumor that R2 decisions were released today. Maybe R3 will be soon?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Just received the ding from Cambridge - R3 applicant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Cambridge (R2 Admit- will matriculate), Oxford (R2 invite- declined)
 Q45  V40
GPA: 3.48
WE 1: Supply Chain Manager- start-up biotechnology company
WE 2: Supply Chain Planner- Starbucks Coffee Company
Send PM
I do more lurking than posting on this site, but I wanted to say that I have been accepted into Cambridge. As this site has been a wealth of knowledge for me, I'm happy to answer any questions I can for potential candidates looking at a R4 submission or a R3 interview.

I went through the interview process on the 17th and found it to be a very informative and pleasant experience. I had all but decided on Cambridge prior to even arriving on campus, but after the interview day, I was hooked. I really felt like I belonged there, so one can imagine how pleased I was to receive the offer letter on Thursday!

-Craig
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools:Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
 Q46  V41
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Send PM
I, too, was accepted to Cambridge R2. I completely agree with bozman. I was already excited about Cambridge before attending the interview day, but that really cinched the deal. I found it very beneficial to meet the other MBA candidates and the current students as well as to see the campus and the city. And the day was really well organized and very insightful.

Slightly off topic, I do want to stress the importance of visiting the colleges if you're deciding between Cambridge and Oxford. I didn't realize how different the cities and schools were until I visited them and I believe you fit in at either one or the other, but most likely not both.

Good luck to those awaiting R3 interview invites. Similar to bozman, I'm happy to field any questions about the application or interview process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
bozman wrote:
I do more lurking than posting on this site, but I wanted to say that I have been accepted into Cambridge. As this site has been a wealth of knowledge for me, I'm happy to answer any questions I can for potential candidates looking at a R4 submission or a R3 interview.

I went through the interview process on the 17th and found it to be a very informative and pleasant experience. I had all but decided on Cambridge prior to even arriving on campus, but after the interview day, I was hooked. I really felt like I belonged there, so one can imagine how pleased I was to receive the offer letter on Thursday!

-Craig

COngrats !!! How much and what kind of WE do you have ;)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
I'm so happy for you, bozman and BigRedEnvEng. It was a pleasure to meet you here last Monday. Greetings from the Other Place, where most of our class spent the day today. :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  28