Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 18:23 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 18:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 527 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
Does anyone know if Tuck calls Consortium admits (like they do for their normal applicants)? Or will we be getting a status check e-mail on Feb. 4?
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
biochemist
Does anyone know if Tuck calls Consortium admits (like they do for their normal applicants)? Or will we be getting a status check e-mail on Feb. 4?

I'm a RD2 applicant, and I haven't received any correspondence from Tuck. Where did you hear about this Feb. 4th status check email?
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
lagomez
kn2130
So, am I the only one quasi-obsessing about the fellowship situation?

Nah, I know I'm getting one. The only thing I worry about is that I don't want the schools to fight over me. A bitter rivalry could develop and I would hate to think I'm the culprit.

You're a freaking riot, lagomez!!! :)
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
VictoryMBA
biochemist

I'm a RD2 applicant, and I haven't received any correspondence from Tuck. Where did you hear about this Feb. 4th status check email?

Feb 4th is the general rd 1 decision date. Consortium applicants (at least those who participated in last year's forum) didn't seem to receive decisions until March. I don't know whether they were all rd 2 (which seems unlikely) or I missed the rd 1 applicant updates. I guess we'll know on the 4th (which by happenstance is my birthday. Admission to Tuck is #1 on my list of desired presents that day.)
Send PM
shewhomustnotbenamed
VictoryMBA
biochemist

Feb 4th is the general rd 1 decision date. Consortium applicants (at least those who participated in last year's forum) didn't seem to receive decisions until March. I don't know whether they were all rd 2 (which seems unlikely) or I missed the rd 1 applicant updates. I guess we'll know on the 4th (which by happenstance is my birthday. Admission to Tuck is #1 on my list of desired presents that day.)

Well the R1 Consortium applicants get notified on Feb. 4th and were evaluated with their November round; this has been verified with admissions and it's definitely on their website(https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admission ... ant-dates/). But my question is do they call? Or do we get a status check e-mail?

Btw, the R2/January Round applicants get decisions on Mar. 18
Send PM
biochemist

I'm sure they call.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Cornell (accepted)
Send PM
I was under the impression that none of the schools considered rankings in terms of admission. I thought ranking only came into play when for fellowship offers
Send PM
money9111
I was under the impression that none of the schools considered rankings in terms of admission. I thought ranking only came into play when for fellowship offers

That's what we're told but many people say the schools can see the rankings and do take them into consideration when making admit decisions. Consortium says no but some people have heard directly from adcom that they do see the rankings.
Current Student
Send PM
lagomez
money9111

That's what we're told but many people say the schools can see the rankings and do take them into consideration when making admit decisions. Consortium says no but some people have heard directly from adcom that they do see the rankings.

Well I wish all these folks would get it together lol and tell us all how this works! It would be in everyone's best interest to let us know exactly how the process works.
Send PM
money9111
lagomez
money9111

Well I wish all these folks would get it together lol and tell us all how this works! It would be in everyone's best interest to let us know exactly how the process works.

I think you'll continue to hear mixed versions because they have to be political about it. What I think? Schools definitely see rankings in admissions. I've heard that several times. Technically, they aren't supposed to let it affect their admissions decisions, but sometimes it does. How could it not for super ranking-sensitive schools like Stern?...But if the Consortium came straight out and said that the schools COULD see rankings in their admissions process, then it would be bad for the Consortium, so I think they'll continue to stick to their story.
Current Student
Send PM
I see what you're saying. maybe we/I am just overthinking it. I mean every school wants to be ranked number 1 right? so why do they allow us to apply to 6 schools if after the Xth school it doesn't matter? I mean honestly, I just want to be admitted to a school at this point lol, Just so I know that I'm going somewhere. All of the schools on my list as schools I would love to attend, the ranking for me just happened to be a formality.
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Ross(IN–full$)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Send PM
Kudos
FWIW, I was admitted to my #6 ranked school and offered scholarship money as well. If you rank a school lower, then the school might offer you money or even the fellowship to lure you. If you rank a school number 1, then they might not feel they need to offer you the fellowship, because they assume you'll attend whether you get money from them or not.
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Dawna Clarke, head admissions person at Tuck, said (at the diversity conference) they do see the rankings while reviewing your app. In response to the question, does it matter? She said if Tuck, or any other school, was our first choice, then make sure we rank them #1. While her words didn't really reveal anything stunning, the way she said it, and her mannerisms suggested the following subtext: Ya, it fu**ing matters. How much it matters, who knows. And take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm kind of neurotic and could have been reading too much into things.
Current Student
Send PM
VictoryMBA
Dawna Clarke, head admissions person at Tuck, said (at the diversity conference) they do see the rankings while reviewing your app. In response to the question, does it matter? She said if Tuck, or any other school, was our first choice, then make sure we rank them #1. While her words didn't really reveal anything stunning, the way she said it, and her mannerisms suggested the following subtext: Ya, it fu**ing matters. How much it matters, who knows. And take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm kind of neurotic and could have been reading too much into things.

lmao
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
kegewe
FWIW, I was admitted to my #6 ranked school and offered scholarship money as well. If you rank a school lower, then the school might offer you money or even the fellowship to lure you. If you rank a school number 1, then they might not feel they need to offer you the fellowship, because they assume you'll attend whether you get money from them or not.

That goes completely against what I learned at consortium MAPS and what admissions directors have told me. Rank your dream school first or second because if you are accepted and receive membership into consortium then schools award fellowships by going down the list of All accepted consortium students. This is where the rankings are finally used...so the students that ranked them # 1 get the fellowships, if there are more fellowships available then they move onto # 2's and so on. If they run out of fellowship money, it's the schools prerogative to award scholarships of it's own to people they really want that ranked them lower.Again, this is information that I've received from consortium alumni, staff members and admissions directors. It's like the only part of the process that's not speculation...ha ha.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE 1: 5 years consulting
Send PM
Iamnotaprimenumber
kegewe

That goes completely against what I learned at consortium MAPS and what admissions directors have told me. Rank your dream school first or second because if you are accepted and receive membership into consortium then schools award fellowships by going down the list of All accepted consortium students. This is where the rankings are finally used...so the students that ranked them # 1 get the fellowships, if there are more fellowships available then they move onto # 2's and so on. If they run out of fellowship money, it's the schools prerogative to award scholarships of it's own to people they really want that ranked them lower.Again, this is information that I've received from consortium alumni, staff members and admissions directors. It's like the only part of the process that's not speculation...ha ha.

Posted from my mobile device

I think the information told at MAPS was just misinterpreted. There are many people I know who received the fellowship from their 4th, 5th, or 6th schools, just like the person above just stated. Schools do not give the fellowship to those who rank them 1st, then those who rank then 2nd, and so on. They give the fellowship to the accepted applicants who they really want at their school. Of course it looks more favorably when the applicant ranked them 1st or 2nd. They just get first dibs on the applicants who rank them 1st, but sometimes they are very confident that those applicants will attend, so they pass up on some of those applicants, leaving more money available to others who they MIGHT think are stronger? applicants (to lure them, as the person above said).
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
MBAville
Has anyone from R1 or R2 heard about interviews from Ross?

MBAville,

Huge congratulations on your admits. Could you kindly share your profile please? :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22  ...  132   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
7058 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
234 posts