Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:48 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: The Bang, Bang Guide to a 760 (Q50 V44) AWA 6.0 [#permalink]
foofighter5 wrote:
danchoihaiphong wrote:
I strggle with CR, have any suggestions?

You may wanna go through the Bang, Bang CR Guide. The author of this book is whiplash itself.
Here's the link
cr-guide-100473.html

Great great job done by whiplash! This concise CR guide is really helpful. CR Bible seemed too daunting and boring to start with. I firstly went through the Bang,Bang CR Guide and now I don't find CR Bible boring anymore.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
therock wrote:
foofighter5 wrote:
danchoihaiphong wrote:

You may wanna go through the Bang, Bang CR Guide. The author of this book is whiplash itself.
Here's the link
cr-guide-100473.html

Great great job done by whiplash! This concise CR guide is really helpful. CR Bible seemed too daunting and boring to start with. I firstly went through the Bang,Bang CR Guide and now I don't find CR Bible boring anymore.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
therock wrote:
foofighter5 wrote:
danchoihaiphong wrote:

Here's the link
cr-guide-100473.html

This tip looks great. I've also started with The Bang ,Bang CR guide and will switch to CR Bible then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Mama mia! A tremendous score this is! Whiplash ,I was just wondering from which school are you doing your engineering and are you in the senior year or have already graduated ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I am planning to take my GMAT this Saturday and was just trying to find out whether any female has done well and bumped into this thread. This is a great encouragement given the fact that high GMAT scores are supposed to be male prerogatives. In fact, I haven't across any woman who has scored more than 720 on the GMAT. All charged up now! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
archimittal01 wrote:
I am planning to take my GMAT this Saturday and was just trying to find out whether any female has done well and bumped into this thread. This is a great encouragement given the fact that high GMAT scores are supposed to be male prerogatives. In fact, I haven't across any woman who has scored more than 720 on the GMAT. All charged up now! :)

Hehe. The GMAC report says that more than 1 lakh women take the GMAT every year. I think the precise figure is around 125000 which is a huge number. I'm sure that from this lot ,many women would be getting great scores. I, for one , know another girl who has 740, so gender ain't no bias :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatgunner wrote:
archimittal01 wrote:

Hehe. The GMAC report says that more than 1 lakh women take the GMAT every year. I think the precise figure is around 125000 which is a huge number. I'm sure that from this lot ,many women would be getting great scores. I, for one , know another girl who has 740, so gender ain't no bias :)

True, what matters is how much brains does one have. Some of the biases which I have heard are
male vs female
native vs non-native
young vs old
All the above are just biases. Somebody will else that I am a non-native speaker so couldn't do well on Verbal. I think that's just an excuse, nothing else. It's similar with the other prejudices.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatgaga wrote:

True, what matters is how much brains does one have. Some of the biases which I have heard are
male vs female
native vs non-native
young vs old
All the above are just biases. Somebody will else that I am a non-native speaker so couldn't do well on Verbal. I think that's just an excuse, nothing else. It's similar with the other prejudices.

Very good analysis. I agree. In the end, we are responsible for our scores so we should not blame the circumstances or anything else.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hustler22 wrote:
gmatgaga wrote:

male vs female
native vs non-native
young vs old

Very good analysis. I agree. In the end, we are responsible for our scores so we should not blame the circumstances or anything else.

Yes, you would have heard the famous quote "If it is to be, it is upto me" . We all have the power to shape our destinies
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Thanks for the tips.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
This debrief remains one of my favourites. I always get to learn something new from this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT Date: 11-29-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 908 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
WE:Account Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Congrats. You are my new hero. I got a 650 on my last exam and there is a lot for me to work on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Amazing debrief. Thanks for the wonderful tips. Did you get through Harvard ?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Kudos
Quite unfortunate, but no, I didn't get into Harvard. I did speak with Dee and perhaps their decision was right on some accounts (too personal to share here, but yeah). I was upset at the beginning but I do have a great job lined up with a top 3 MC and life goes on. I still want to do what I wanted to do before, and I have no doubt that I will end up doing it. Whether or not that path is going to be set through HBS isn't really the question anymore :)

I'm glad that you guys find the guide interesting. I have to admit I haven't been on GC as much recently, but I still reply to PMs and questions/comments, so if you want to know more about something, or just have a talk please shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to reply :)

Thanks for all your support.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Thanks so much for the great debrief.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
Quite unfortunate, but no, I didn't get into Harvard. I did speak with Dee and perhaps their decision was right on some accounts (too personal to share here, but yeah). I was upset at the beginning but I do have a great job lined up with a top 3 MC and life goes on. I still want to do what I wanted to do before, and I have no doubt that I will end up doing it. Whether or not that path is going to be set through HBS isn't really the question anymore :)

Am a little disappointed to hear that you couldn't make it through HBS 2+2 but what's the big deal. You already have a great job with you and a great GMAT score. You can always apply a couple of years later. And given the level of focus you have,you'll win in every sphere of life ! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts