Last visit was: 16 May 2024, 06:07 It is currently 16 May 2024, 06:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73221 [0]
Given Kudos: 18978
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q167 V162

GRE 2: Q165 V164
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Picking a school [#permalink]
If Management Consulting is your end goal, I guess MBA will work.

Don't know how much work ex you have. I would say, with anything more than 3 years of experience,go for MBA.

While picking B-Schools, see or try to find out from which school MBB hires the most. It ain't Johnson for sure (I study at Johnson).

DiFBreed wrote:
Planning on applying for a master of finance or business analytics. (GMAT 750)

I majored in finance for my undergraduate in the states, and I’m currently working in assurance in the Big4 in Asia area; but assurance does not really fit my career goal, though my work involves a lot of advisory and some valuation, I’m still looking to land something in IBD or management consulting.

I’m not sure what is the best path for me at this point, I am planning to apply for a master in finance or business analytics( not sure which program would benefit me the most, if someone could pls give some insight); or should I keep working for two or three years then go for an MBA(or an early career MBA provided by Booth)

If I did choose for the master, I am looking for Sloan, CBS, and Vandy; though I’ve heard rumors about CBS’s master program may not be as good as it seems? I was admitted by Johnson last year but chose to work to gain some more experience. Not quite a math-guy so not sure if BA would be a good choice? Or what other programs is out there?

Some good advice would be appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
DiFBreed wrote:
Planning on applying for a master of finance or business analytics. (GMAT 750)

I majored in finance for my undergraduate in the states, and I’m currently working in assurance in the Big4 in Asia area; but assurance does not really fit my career goal, though my work involves a lot of advisory and some valuation, I’m still looking to land something in IBD or management consulting.

I’m not sure what is the best path for me at this point, I am planning to apply for a master in finance or business analytics( not sure which program would benefit me the most, if someone could pls give some insight); or should I keep working for two or three years then go for an MBA(or an early career MBA provided by Booth)

If I did choose for the master, I am looking for Sloan, CBS, and Vandy; though I’ve heard rumors about CBS’s master program may not be as good as it seems? I was admitted by Johnson last year but chose to work to gain some more experience. Not quite a math-guy so not sure if BA would be a good choice? Or what other programs is out there?

Some good advice would be appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device

Hey DiFBreed,
After understanding your concerns and goals, I would like to advise you to apply for MiM.
MiM is focused more on management and business sectors, but you will get a variety of electives to choose from, whereas the MiF program focuses entirely on finance sectors.
If you choose to pursue a career in finance or management, you can do that with a degree in MiM as well.
MiM is a generalised degree and will keep your options open, and MiF narrows it down to one field.
If you want to keep your options open, I recommend you to go for MiM as your future goal is to work in the management field.
Keeping in consideration your GMAT scores which are excellent, by the way, you are an eligible candidate of top MiM schools like: HEC Paris, ESSEC, LBS, ESADE.

Plus, there are other parameters to keep in consideration while selecting your course.
For example your GPA, GMAT, work experience, extracurricular activities etc.
If you would like, we can set up a strategy session with you according to your convenience, and discuss your profile and give personalised school recommendations.

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided: BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships

Get your profile evaluated for FREE and know your chances at Top Schools of the world
Take our Free Profile Evaluation
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3136 posts