Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 03:21 It is currently 11 May 2024, 03:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ?
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 10-09-2013
GPA: 3.3
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6266 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Re: PLease rate my AWA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thought you might find this article helpful. I like a consistent 5-paragraph essay form. And 4-6 sentences per paragraph.

Hope this helps!

https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... no-thanks/

-Brian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
PLease rate my AWA [#permalink]
The widespread use of the internet has given people access to information on a level never experienced before. How does this increase in the availability of information influence life in today's world?"

Certainly, many people if asked about the influence of the internet on our today’s life would agree that it has a tremendous effect, others wouldn’t agree with that. Of course, both sides have their own reasons. As far as I’m concerned, I adopt the opinion that the internet turned the world to look like a small city, which had an impact on the easiness of learning accessibility and information availability for the whole population. Let’s begin with, education, where it becomes just simple for anyone to google and learn anything whatever it is, especially there a lot of non-profit educational websites like Coursera, Edex, Udacity and Udemy which have endless of amazing courses in different disciplines presented by pioneers in their fields. In addition, it becomes free to have a massive library of electronic books about history, arts, science, novels, astronomy…etc. Moreover, it’s possible now to take your bachelor, Masters or PhD degrees online, all you have to do is to apply for the required course and go ahead. My own experience is a compelling example of that. After graduation, I worked for a pharmaceutical company as a medical representative and I had a dream to hold an MBA which was noticeable for hard at that time, a friend of mine told me that I can make my dream works, via sending my papers to a reputable university and just attend their cessions and exams online. After 2 years I did it, thanks to the internet. As a result, I can say that without the internet I couldn’t accomplish my MBA.
Secondly, with the assistance of social websites like YouTube, Facebook, Whats-app and many others, we can have a continuous update of what’s happening around us. We all now already have friends from all over the world with the aid of the internet. For instance, I have friends from U.S, Canada, Europe, south Africa, where we always talk to each other through these social applications, discuss world’s news, our different cultures, how we can make our countries better. And not to mention the significance of internet on public opinion would be an oversight. The Egyptian and other Arab revolutions fired out due to media and internet.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that the internet had great effects on our life, the way we become cosmopolitan population. This is because the above mentioned benefits and advantages. Education is not only allowed for rich people but also for low-income students.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 850 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts