Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the programme in February (last month) and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Best,
Dan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the programme in February (last month) and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Best,
Dan

Very interesting.

I started my application only since yesterday and want to send it this week timely. My brother is studying at st gallen uni at the moment but did not do the essay which I find hard. The curriculum takes so long to do and my gmat is ok at 700

Dan 92 thank you, can you help how you were successful?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hi all,

congratulations to all those having been accepted to the 2017 intake!

I was wondering, since they have scrapped the minimum GMAT score of 650 in order to be eligible to apply, has anyone applied with a score below 650 and if so, got in regardless?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
dadali wrote:
On a different note .. To those who've already applied .. How did the University of St. Gallen approach your academic and professional reference contacts? And what did they enquire from them, i.e. a reference letter, an essay, just a few lines on certain questions, a verbal recommendation via phone call .. no clue ..

Any insights are much appreciated; thanks.

They didn't contact them at all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guilio wrote:
Hi all,

congratulations to all those having been accepted to the 2017 intake!

I was wondering, since they have scrapped the minimum GMAT score of 650 in order to be eligible to apply, has anyone applied with a score below 650 and if so, got in regardless?

Applying with a score below 650 only makes sense, in my opinion, if your profile is ridiculously good otherwise, e.g. crazy internships/work experience, extra-curriculars, grades, essay and interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HWese7 wrote:
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

Best,
Dan

Very interesting.

I started my application only since yesterday and want to send it this week timely. My brother is studying at st gallen uni at the moment but did not do the essay which I find hard. The curriculum takes so long to do and my gmat is ok at 700

In their feedback they said that my profile was very complete and coherent. My essay wasn't that great they said, but I'm generally quite bad with essays.

I have an equivalent GPA of 5.3/6 in Switzerland, a 720 GMAT, founded my own consultancy for NGOs and non-profits during uni, was vice president for the biggest society on campus, am a national team lacrosse player in Europe, did quite a few internships and am currently Head of BD of a Rocket Internet venture in Asia after graduating with my Bachelors in June 2016 from a top 20 school globally.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dan92 wrote:
HWese7 wrote:
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

Best,
Dan

Very interesting.

In their feedback they said that my profile was very complete and coherent. My essay wasn't that great they said, but I'm generally quite bad with essays.

I have an equivalent GPA of 5.3/6 in Switzerland, a 720 GMAT, founded my own consultancy for NGOs and non-profits during uni, was vice president for the biggest society on campus, am a national team lacrosse player in Europe, did quite a few internships and am currently Head of BD of a Rocket Internet venture in Asia after graduating with my Bachelors in June 2016 from a top 20 school globally.

Well your profile is very well-rounded. There is nothing missing except for the essay as you have mentioned but this makes only 10% of the application. 720 gmat has been average for past generations. This is quite high. I'm targeting 700.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Dan92 wrote:
HWese7 wrote:
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

Best,
Dan

Very interesting.

Hi Dan92,

one question regarding essay feedback. Did you get it after or before the application? And who gave the feedback?
Many thanks for your answer!

Best,
Baron
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey baron,

sorry for my late reply. I got the feedback from the official admissions team after getting accepted.

Best,
Dan
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the input
Has anyone been accepted this round? Is there any group for the new intake?
Also, Dan, did the feedback come automatically, and if yes, where?

Thank you so much and best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Z1303 wrote:
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the input
Has anyone been accepted this round? Is there any group for the new intake?
Also, Dan, did the feedback come automatically, and if yes, where?

Thank you so much and best

Hey there! The admissions team will get in touch with you after your admittance and arrange a Skype conversation with you. They were so nice. It really feels like they're building a family rather than just putting together a graduating class. Annelies from the admissions team took one hour to give me detailed feedback and answer any questions I had.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rejected.

:( :( :( :( :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Bocconi '17
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi Guys!

I want to apply for the SIM at the St.Gallen. I am taking the GMAT exam on the 28th of April and the deadline for the last application round is on the 30th of that month.
I was wondering if I can apply by reporting to them my unofficial score which will be reported in 20 calendar days from the date of my exam by the GMAC.
They reported on their website that you have to include the official GMAT score in your application, but they do not mention if it has to be reported before the deadline of the application round.
I tried to contact them several times but they did not respond....I need to know quickly if I have to change the date of my exam.

Cheers and good luck to all of you :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fedwild23 wrote:
Hi Guys!

I want to apply for the SIM at the St.Gallen. I am taking the GMAT exam on the 28th of April and the deadline for the last application round is on the 30th of that month.
I was wondering if I can apply by reporting to them my unofficial score which will be reported in 20 calendar days from the date of my exam by the GMAC.
They reported on their website that you have to include the official GMAT score in your application, but they do not mention if it has to be reported before the deadline of the application round.
I tried to contact them several times but they did not respond....I need to know quickly if I have to change the date of my exam.

Just call them up, man. Imagine the amount of e-mails they get all the time. A quick call will get you all the information you need. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
fedwild23 wrote:
Hi Guys!

I think it should be fine if you submit the application with the unofficial score first. By the time you are done with the video interview, they should get the official one. But call them to make sure!

However, I think the fact that you are so "last minute" definitely does NOT add strength to your application. This is a very competitive programme, and lots of very competitive candidates have been applying months ago with GMATs done last summer. So unless you submit a 750 unofficial GMAT, have a stellar profile and a strong reason for leaving the GMAT for the last minute, don't expect much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Bocconi '17
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Dan92 tv5

I tried to call them, but no one is answering! The is just an annoying registered voice...

Regarding to the application I think that I have a strong curriculum on the side of other experience: I have been in Sydney for an internship and worked on a local international project for my city, but moreover I have been a professional athlete: I have participated to world championships and at the European Olympic Games and won some European medals...but, how much does it count this for them? In USA I know that sport results are really high evaluated and appreciated, but here in Europe?
May you please give your opinion if I have some chance?
My GPA is 5.056/6 and I am speaking just Italian and English. I think that in the gmat I would not take more than 700 score....so in your opinion I would have some chances to get in?

Thanks guys.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fedwild23 wrote:
Dan92 tv5

I tried to call them, but no one is answering! The is just an annoying registered voice...

Regarding to the application I think that I have a strong curriculum on the side of other experience: I have been in Sydney for an internship and worked on a local international project for my city, but moreover I have been a professional athlete: I have participated to world championships and at the European Olympic Games and won some European medals...but, how much does it count this for them? In USA I know that sport results are really high evaluated and appreciated, but here in Europe?
May you please give your opinion if I have some chance?
My GPA is 5.056/6 and I am speaking just Italian and English. I think that in the gmat I would not take more than 700 score....so in your opinion I would have some chances to get in?

Thanks guys.

Hey there,

those contact details should help you:

Tel. +41 71 224 2455 (I assume it's the number of the Management department) | SIM Phone: +41 71 224 23 67 (that's probably your best shot)
annelies.vanherck@unisg.ch

Annelies is the SIM-HSG Manager. She's amazing.

Of course your extra-curricular activities are very impressive. This is part of the extra-curricular credits and I would assume (again, only my opinion) that will get you a good amount there. Then there's also the work experience which is evaluated.

Your GPA is fine I think (mine was 5.3) and GMAT is ok (I had 720).

Overall, I personally didn't do so well in my essay they said. So in general I can only recommend you to have everything perfectly. Your grades and GMAT are good enough, but they will definitely not make you stand out. Make sure you ace your essay, every point counts. :)

And overall the interview will count 30%, so that is probably a dealmaker or breaker for most people. All the best and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts