It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 15:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

St.Gallen SIM 2017

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 04:20
1
This post received
KUDOS
On a different note .. To those who've already applied .. How did the University of St. Gallen approach your academic and professional reference contacts? And what did they enquire from them, i.e. a reference letter, an essay, just a few lines on certain questions, a verbal recommendation via phone call .. no clue ..

Any insights are much appreciated; thanks.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 10:47
Hi all,

Interesting thread, thank you all for sharing your experiences! And congrats to all accepted!

I have a question about the interview. I also applied, I need to submit the interview till Tuesday. I just don't really get the format: is it basically like a live interview except for the fact that I'm answering the computer's questions?

Btw:
CEE region, 22y, seeking consulting career, GMAT 730, GPA 4.4/5, multiple short internships at (non-consulting) multinational firms, multiple extracurricular activities (nothing "extra flashy").

From what I experienced so far (admitted to 2 other business schools at the moment, so pretty relaxed) St. Gallen lays the least emphasis on the latter two from my list. Instead they seem to have a "consulting-like" admission process, when they are searching for the people with the right mindset. I would also be interested in how they contact my referees. I got the interview super fast after I submitting, I'm pretty sure my referees haven't been contacted yet.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 10:27
1
This post received
KUDOS
Z1303 wrote:
Hi all,

congratulations on all of you for getting in.
A few questions with regard to the GMAT and admission conditions... First of all, with regard to the interview, How does it work with the recording? Do we get the questions in advance or do we have to answer live? I don't find it very clear on the internet page.
Also, does anyone know if it makes a difference whether we enrol in third or fourth round? I just took a GMAT, which was average (670) and was wondering whether I should try to apply with it (since i have good grades), or wait for the last round (which may lower my chances) in order to try to take it once again before the end of the fourth round...
Finally, does anyone know if the five days before we get the interview (video interview) must be counted before the 10th of march (i.e. deadline) or if we can submit the documents until then and then do the interview? How is the timing of that?

Thank you so much and have a great weekend!!!!!


Hi Z1303,

I've finally found an answer concerning the timeframe question on SIM's FB page:

To quote:

Only 1 week left in this 3rd #application deadline!
Please keep in mind that this concerns only your online application form. If you apply by the #ApplicationsDeadline, you will receive a separate invitation with a deadline to record your video #interview. If you complete this step within the timeframe given by the SIM Admissions Committee, you may still receive feedback during the 3rd #DecisionsRound

Hope that helps.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 01:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the programme in February (last month) and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Best,
Dan

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 08:27
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the programme in February (last month) and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Best,
Dan


Very interesting.

I started my application only since yesterday and want to send it this week timely. My brother is studying at st gallen uni at the moment but did not do the essay which I find hard. The curriculum takes so long to do and my gmat is ok at 700

Dan 92 thank you, can you help how you were successful?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2015
Posts: 110

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 24

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 09:51
Hi all,

congratulations to all those having been accepted to the 2017 intake!

I was wondering, since they have scrapped the minimum GMAT score of 650 in order to be eligible to apply, has anyone applied with a score below 650 and if so, got in regardless?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 24

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 22:41
dadali wrote:
On a different note .. To those who've already applied .. How did the University of St. Gallen approach your academic and professional reference contacts? And what did they enquire from them, i.e. a reference letter, an essay, just a few lines on certain questions, a verbal recommendation via phone call .. no clue ..

Any insights are much appreciated; thanks.


They didn't contact them at all.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 22:43
Guilio wrote:
Hi all,

congratulations to all those having been accepted to the 2017 intake!

I was wondering, since they have scrapped the minimum GMAT score of 650 in order to be eligible to apply, has anyone applied with a score below 650 and if so, got in regardless?


Applying with a score below 650 only makes sense, in my opinion, if your profile is ridiculously good otherwise, e.g. crazy internships/work experience, extra-curriculars, grades, essay and interview.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 22:47
HWese7 wrote:
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the programme in February (last month) and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Best,
Dan


Very interesting.

I started my application only since yesterday and want to send it this week timely. My brother is studying at st gallen uni at the moment but did not do the essay which I find hard. The curriculum takes so long to do and my gmat is ok at 700

Dan 92 thank you, can you help how you were successful?


In their feedback they said that my profile was very complete and coherent. My essay wasn't that great they said, but I'm generally quite bad with essays.

I have an equivalent GPA of 5.3/6 in Switzerland, a 720 GMAT, founded my own consultancy for NGOs and non-profits during uni, was vice president for the biggest society on campus, am a national team lacrosse player in Europe, did quite a few internships and am currently Head of BD of a Rocket Internet venture in Asia after graduating with my Bachelors in June 2016 from a top 20 school globally.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2017, 14:25
Dan92 wrote:
HWese7 wrote:
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the programme in February (last month) and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Best,
Dan


Very interesting.

I started my application only since yesterday and want to send it this week timely. My brother is studying at st gallen uni at the moment but did not do the essay which I find hard. The curriculum takes so long to do and my gmat is ok at 700

Dan 92 thank you, can you help how you were successful?


In their feedback they said that my profile was very complete and coherent. My essay wasn't that great they said, but I'm generally quite bad with essays.

I have an equivalent GPA of 5.3/6 in Switzerland, a 720 GMAT, founded my own consultancy for NGOs and non-profits during uni, was vice president for the biggest society on campus, am a national team lacrosse player in Europe, did quite a few internships and am currently Head of BD of a Rocket Internet venture in Asia after graduating with my Bachelors in June 2016 from a top 20 school globally.


Well your profile is very well-rounded. There is nothing missing except for the essay as you have mentioned but this makes only 10% of the application. 720 gmat has been average for past generations. This is quite high. I'm targeting 700.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 04:47
Dan92 wrote:
HWese7 wrote:
Dan92 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the programme in February (last month) and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Best,
Dan


Very interesting.

I started my application only since yesterday and want to send it this week timely. My brother is studying at st gallen uni at the moment but did not do the essay which I find hard. The curriculum takes so long to do and my gmat is ok at 700

Dan 92 thank you, can you help how you were successful?


In their feedback they said that my profile was very complete and coherent. My essay wasn't that great they said, but I'm generally quite bad with essays.

I have an equivalent GPA of 5.3/6 in Switzerland, a 720 GMAT, founded my own consultancy for NGOs and non-profits during uni, was vice president for the biggest society on campus, am a national team lacrosse player in Europe, did quite a few internships and am currently Head of BD of a Rocket Internet venture in Asia after graduating with my Bachelors in June 2016 from a top 20 school globally.


Hi Dan92,

one question regarding essay feedback. Did you get it after or before the application? And who gave the feedback?
Many thanks for your answer!

Best,
Baron

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2017, 00:42
Hey baron,

sorry for my late reply. I got the feedback from the official admissions team after getting accepted.

Best,
Dan

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 27

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2017, 14:52
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the input
Has anyone been accepted this round? Is there any group for the new intake?
Also, Dan, did the feedback come automatically, and if yes, where?

Thank you so much and best

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 27

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 05:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
Z1303 wrote:
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the input
Has anyone been accepted this round? Is there any group for the new intake?
Also, Dan, did the feedback come automatically, and if yes, where?

Thank you so much and best


Hey there! The admissions team will get in touch with you after your admittance and arrange a Skype conversation with you. They were so nice. It really feels like they're building a family rather than just putting together a graduating class. Annelies from the admissions team took one hour to give me detailed feedback and answer any questions I had.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 05:16
Rejected.

:( :( :( :( :(

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jun 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: Italy
Schools: Bocconi '17
GPA: 3.9
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 01:18
Hi Guys!

I want to apply for the SIM at the St.Gallen. I am taking the GMAT exam on the 28th of April and the deadline for the last application round is on the 30th of that month.
I was wondering if I can apply by reporting to them my unofficial score which will be reported in 20 calendar days from the date of my exam by the GMAC.
They reported on their website that you have to include the official GMAT score in your application, but they do not mention if it has to be reported before the deadline of the application round.
I tried to contact them several times but they did not respond....I need to know quickly if I have to change the date of my exam.

Cheers and good luck to all of you :)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 01:49
fedwild23 wrote:
Hi Guys!

I want to apply for the SIM at the St.Gallen. I am taking the GMAT exam on the 28th of April and the deadline for the last application round is on the 30th of that month.
I was wondering if I can apply by reporting to them my unofficial score which will be reported in 20 calendar days from the date of my exam by the GMAC.
They reported on their website that you have to include the official GMAT score in your application, but they do not mention if it has to be reported before the deadline of the application round.
I tried to contact them several times but they did not respond....I need to know quickly if I have to change the date of my exam.

Cheers and good luck to all of you :)


Just call them up, man. Imagine the amount of e-mails they get all the time. A quick call will get you all the information you need. :)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 02:01
fedwild23 wrote:
Hi Guys!

I want to apply for the SIM at the St.Gallen. I am taking the GMAT exam on the 28th of April and the deadline for the last application round is on the 30th of that month.
I was wondering if I can apply by reporting to them my unofficial score which will be reported in 20 calendar days from the date of my exam by the GMAC.
They reported on their website that you have to include the official GMAT score in your application, but they do not mention if it has to be reported before the deadline of the application round.
I tried to contact them several times but they did not respond....I need to know quickly if I have to change the date of my exam.

Cheers and good luck to all of you :)


I think it should be fine if you submit the application with the unofficial score first. By the time you are done with the video interview, they should get the official one. But call them to make sure!

However, I think the fact that you are so "last minute" definitely does NOT add strength to your application. This is a very competitive programme, and lots of very competitive candidates have been applying months ago with GMATs done last summer. So unless you submit a 750 unofficial GMAT, have a stellar profile and a strong reason for leaving the GMAT for the last minute, don't expect much.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jun 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: Italy
Schools: Bocconi '17
GPA: 3.9
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 02:38
Dan92 tv5

I tried to call them, but no one is answering! The is just an annoying registered voice...

Regarding to the application I think that I have a strong curriculum on the side of other experience: I have been in Sydney for an internship and worked on a local international project for my city, but moreover I have been a professional athlete: I have participated to world championships and at the European Olympic Games and won some European medals...but, how much does it count this for them? In USA I know that sport results are really high evaluated and appreciated, but here in Europe?
May you please give your opinion if I have some chance?
My GPA is 5.056/6 and I am speaking just Italian and English. I think that in the gmat I would not take more than 700 score....so in your opinion I would have some chances to get in?

Thanks guys.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 02:58
fedwild23 wrote:
Dan92 tv5

I tried to call them, but no one is answering! The is just an annoying registered voice...

Regarding to the application I think that I have a strong curriculum on the side of other experience: I have been in Sydney for an internship and worked on a local international project for my city, but moreover I have been a professional athlete: I have participated to world championships and at the European Olympic Games and won some European medals...but, how much does it count this for them? In USA I know that sport results are really high evaluated and appreciated, but here in Europe?
May you please give your opinion if I have some chance?
My GPA is 5.056/6 and I am speaking just Italian and English. I think that in the gmat I would not take more than 700 score....so in your opinion I would have some chances to get in?

Thanks guys.


Hey there,

those contact details should help you:

Tel. +41 71 224 2455 (I assume it's the number of the Management department) | SIM Phone: +41 71 224 23 67 (that's probably your best shot)
annelies.vanherck@unisg.ch

Annelies is the SIM-HSG Manager. She's amazing.

Of course your extra-curricular activities are very impressive. This is part of the extra-curricular credits and I would assume (again, only my opinion) that will get you a good amount there. Then there's also the work experience which is evaluated.

Your GPA is fine I think (mine was 5.3) and GMAT is ok (I had 720).

Overall, I personally didn't do so well in my essay they said. So in general I can only recommend you to have everything perfectly. Your grades and GMAT are good enough, but they will definitely not make you stand out. Make sure you ace your essay, every point counts. :)

And overall the interview will count 30%, so that is probably a dealmaker or breaker for most people. All the best and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2017, 02:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 66 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
SIM Admission Criteria AKuks 1 19 Jul 2016, 13:51
Accepted to St. Gallen and Bocconi - What's your opinion? ErasmusWasHere 1 14 Sep 2015, 14:52
SIM / MBF St. Gallen 2016. Who will apply? DKMGH 36 25 Jun 2016, 05:16
LBS MiM vs St. Gallen SIM gomlek 3 25 May 2014, 02:36
6 St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? akhileshgupta05 252 16 Apr 2017, 06:36
Display posts from previous: Sort by

St.Gallen SIM 2017

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.