GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 02:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

St.Gallen SIM 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 01:05
HWese7 wrote:
Alpha13 wrote:
HWese7 wrote:
Rejected.

:( :( :( :( :(

Hey man,

sorry to hear that. Mind sharing your profile?

22 years. Croatian.
studied top business school in Hungary
internship at L'Oreal and Amazon
ok-ok grades
700 gmat
very friendly person with good skills
play chess and volleyball in teams

Wow that is a strong profile. No flaw unless you screwed the interview?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
St.Gallen SIM 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 01:55
He has ok grades (as he said) and a 700 GMAT. He got lower than maximum points for grades and you only get maximum points for the GMAT from 740. So yeah, of course it's a strong profile, but unfortunately the best MiM in the world attracts loads of really strong profiles. :/ HWese7 I'm sure you'll get into a really good Masters! Alpha13 you would have gotten your reply by now, no?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 04:53
Thank you. I have HEC and Rotterdam now!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2017, 00:18
HWese7 wrote:
Thank you. I have HEC and Rotterdam now!

Congrats man. Really well done! :)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2017, 05:57
Hi,

I was just wondering whether there is a FB group (or similar) for those starting the SIM later this year? And whether people are already looking for a flat(share) etc.?

All the best,

Li
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2017, 22:07
dadali wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering whether there is a FB group (or similar) for those starting the SIM later this year? And whether people are already looking for a flat(share) etc.?

All the best,

Li

Hey Li,

if you got accepted to the programme (which I assume), then you'll get invited to the closed FB group. There you also find some info about flats. :) Congrats on your offer and see you in 3 months.

Best,
Daniel
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 07:36
Hi. I'm planning to apply to St. Gallen in Q1 2019. I have not taken the GMAT yet. However, can anyone kindly evaluate the profile that I have right now?

24 y/o. BS Business Administration graduate. Top University in the Philippines. So-so grades.
Executive member of a Finance Organization. We basically picked up this organization from the ground, and made it the breakthrough organization of the year. I won the best business event, as well.
2-mo Auditing internship experience with Johnson and Johnson Philippines.
Right after grad, I came to Qatar to work in one of the country's largest corporations. This exp is very international. I'm working with close to 10 different nationalities everyday.
I'm part of the CFO team - business partner (working closely with 2 businesses plus maybe 3 others adhoc, figures out what the GM needs and delivers those, basically creating reports so the GMs will know what to focus on, budgeting, forecasting, m&a, etc..). I've been at it for close to 3 years now.
IELTS - i haven't taken it yet but i'm confident i can score 8+.
GMAT - I haven't taken it yet. I'm not a very strong test taker. I'm assuming average score.
Passed the CFA Level 1.

Hobbies:
I'm a solo female traveler. I also dab on the couchsurfing community (interacting with strangers and fellow travelers while out and about in a foreign country). I like the budget traveling. I prefer the backpacking type vs the luxurious journey.
I read TONS of different genre (young adult, non-fiction, classic, you name it).
I play chess for fun.
I like makeup.

What do you think? :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 01:37
Hey Gela,

You have good chances of getting in St. Gallen. You have got international experience which is a good sign. The fact that you’ve worked with a known brand like Johnson and Johnson also works in your favour. Also, CFA level 1 is a good addition and improves your application. For GMAT, you should aim for 690+.
Lastly, having hobbies & interests is great, but it won't be considered valuable by schools until you can show that you created some positive impact via it, on yourself or on your surroundings.
If you want help in this direction, you can avail our services. Check out this link for the same: https://www.mim-essay.com/consulting-services/
We had over 6 admits in St Gallen the last year alone and can surely help you out.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 04:12
Abhyank wrote:
Hey Gela,

You have good chances of getting in St. Gallen. You have got international experience which is a good sign. The fact that you’ve worked with a known brand like Johnson and Johnson also works in your favour. Also, CFA level 1 is a good addition and improves your application. For GMAT, you should aim for 690+.
Lastly, having hobbies & interests is great, but it won't be considered valuable by schools until you can show that you created some positive impact via it, on yourself or on your surroundings.
If you want help in this direction, you can avail our services. Check out this link for the same:
We had over 6 admits in St Gallen the last year alone and can surely help you out.

Your reply helps! Thank you so much! i'll consider your offer after I'm done with my GMAT. I believe I should focus on that for now. Your comments on my hobbies surely are helpful. I was just thinking along the lines of "not being seen as a one-dimensional academic". Your angle is indeed relevant.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 11:40
Hey everyone! So I just barely graduated from college in Vietnam and I've decided to pursue my master degree at USg. So here are some of my info:
- My overall GPA was 2.79/4.0 from the National Academy of Finance (which is a top-tier school in my country but internationally speaking it isn't really significant)
- Interned 3 months at BIDV (one of the Big4 in Vietnam)
- Ielts: I took it 7 yrs ago n got 6.5 but now I'm sure I can get above 7.0
- During my 1st + 2nd year in college, I worked part time as a TA for an English center and also organized flea markets, pretty successful for half year/
Then I became a private tutor for this kid who's a sole heiress to VN first-ever budget airline
Also during the mean time, I took some works as an event executive and personal assistant, working at concerts with famous DJs like Alan Walker, Tiesto, Hardwell and a Haute Couture designer when he came to Vietnam for a fashion week

I just took a mock-GMAT-test with 2 sections (1hr) and I got 81%, which is like 640~ and I'm definitely working on that.
So please, if anyone can be so kind to look at my profile and give me some assessments, I'll be very grateful
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2018, 22:47
Hey Guys,

I heard from many sources, that it is easier to get into the masters of the top ranked universities (ESADE, HEC, etc.) if you are applying for the first round. Is that also something you can recommend for St. Gallen?
And it would be great if someone can give me an estimation on weather the number of points is enough to get me admitted.

Profile:

24/y
Bachelor Business Administration Student at University the University of St. Gallen (Coming home :D)
Grades: 5.0 (which sucks because I am loosing 5 Points here) = 10P

GMAT: I will take the exam next week (690-710 is my range) = 10P

Extracurricular = 17-18P:
- 6mo Audit internship at KPMG
- President of marketing club at university
- Build a successful start-up company
- Visiting lecturer for entrepreneurship at the executive mba at the University of St Gallen
- I start now at Oliver Wyman as a consultant
- Only Problem is that I have no exchange semester

Essay Will be good but not great = 8P

Video Interview = I am very good in presentation and personal communication so it should be good = 25P

Makes in total: 70 - 71 P

Because I think this might be too low I plan on directly applying for the first round. Does that make sense?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: St.Gallen SIM 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 22 Aug 2018, 22:47

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 71 posts ] 

St.Gallen SIM 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap