Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 04:39 It is currently 09 May 2024, 04:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q41 V25
GMAT 2: 590 Q49 V24
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all SDA Bocconi MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
davetens wrote:
AxT24 wrote:
Congrats on your admission Dave! Sure looks like you have a difficult decision to make. Have you tried requesting an extension for the 1st installment (never hurts to try)?
It's great you have plenty of choices from other schools and significant financial aid possibilities. Good luck and let us know what you decided!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thanks, Andre! That's good advice; I will definitely ask them for an extension since I have nothing to lose. And forgive me if I ranted a bit :) I guess I was just surprised by the short response period and it had me kind of panicked yesterday. Did you (and others on the forum) have a similar turnaround time to submit your first installment? I can kind of see their logic, because Bocconi is a small and unique school and I think most people who apply there are specifically aiming for Bocconi. Therefore most people, once they're admitted, will not have a problem signing up and getting started. But for people like me who are casting the net a little bit wider, that's a very short time to decide!

In any case, again congratulations to all who have been admitted - that's a great accomplishment in itself. I'll keep you posted on my decision-making process.

I had 10 days as well. I was admitted to another program previously (the other b-school gave me about 5 weeks for the first installment, which was about half of Bocconi's) but I definitely wanted to go to Bocconi.
Hope everything works out for the best Dave!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all SDA Bocconi MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
dxtinz wrote:
pablobambino wrote:
Hi All

Got accepted last Week! A little bit about myself; I'm 29 yrs old, from Colombia with Italian roots, and 6 years of experience in Sales in IT (IBM, Oracle and currently SAP). I will be sending the paperwork this week and hope to be an official candidate soon! Congrats to everyone: Akash, James, Andre and Dxtinz!

Regards

Pablo

Congratulations Pablo! Look forward to meeting you.

Congrats Dxtinz and Pablo! It's great to see the group starts growing. Everyone has interesting backgrounds and experiences that will enrich our class. Keep in touch guys!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats, Pablo!

Quick update on my situation: they agreed to extend my deadline by 3 weeks (to March 17th), which will allow another round of scholarship consideration.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
davetens wrote:
Congrats, Pablo!

Quick update on my situation: they agreed to extend my deadline by 3 weeks (to March 17th), which will allow another round of scholarship consideration.

Great to know that! Now the ball is on your court, handle it well! keep us posted Dave!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Hi All,

I am Arpit from India. I have a query related to SDA admission chances. I have submitted my complete application on 18th Dec and was invited for Interview on 9th Jan. My iterview didnt go very well and my interviewer was of view that I dont need MBA to reach my aspirations but at the same time he said, overall decisions is not based only on interview. I have comfirmed via email to Adcom on Jan14th that i have completed my interview part and received a email confirmation on 30th Jan stating I will be informed based on decisons made. Ever since then I havent recieved any updates from university/adcom.

I have read that it takes approx 8 to 12 weeks for a decision. Will it be wise to have a positive hope for the admission or should I start preparing for GMAT again and try to get better score. I scored 680 Q49 V33.

Thank and Regards,
Arpit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ArpitAgarwal wrote:
Hi All,

I am Arpit from India. I have a query related to SDA admission chances. I have submitted my complete application on 18th Dec and was invited for Interview on 9th Jan. My iterview didnt go very well and my interviewer was of view that I dont need MBA to reach my aspirations but at the same time he said, overall decisions is not based only on interview. I have comfirmed via email to Adcom on Jan14th that i have completed my interview part and received a email confirmation on 30th Jan stating I will be informed based on decisons made. Ever since then I havent recieved any updates from university/adcom.

I have read that it takes approx 8 to 12 weeks for a decision. Will it be wise to have a positive hope for the admission or should I start preparing for GMAT again and try to get better score. I scored 680 Q49 V33.

Thank and Regards,
Arpit.

Hi Arpit,

From what I have been able to gather during the process, the usual response time is 4 weeks after the interview date. For Bocconi, your GMAT score is considered above average. It is worth checking your email spam folder as they send the communications via a special email service.

Wish you all the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
dxtinz wrote:
ArpitAgarwal wrote:
Hi All,

Thank and Regards,
Arpit.

Hi Arpit,

From what I have been able to gather during the process, the usual response time is 4 weeks after the interview date. For Bocconi, your GMAT score is considered above average. It is worth checking your email spam folder as they send the communications via a special email service.

Wish you all the best.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have checked my mailbox and unfortunately havent recieved any communication regarding my application.

Regards,
Arpit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
ArpitAgarwal wrote:
dxtinz wrote:
ArpitAgarwal wrote:
Hi All,

Thank and Regards,
Arpit.

Hi Arpit,

Wish you all the best.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have checked my mailbox and unfortunately havent recieved any communication regarding my application.

Regards,
Arpit

Hi Arpit

It took about a month in my case, gave my interview on 13th of October , got my admit on the 9th of November.

I would give them 4-5 weeks for the decision. Also do keep checking your junk folder too, because I actually found my admission email in spam !

Good luck !
Akash

Sent from my Moto G Play using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM